Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Great episode! The only thing I disliked was the clunky, awkward conversation between Machi and Hisoka. I get that it was necessary so that viewers would understand Hisoka's abilities, but the whole thing felt pretty unnatural, especially the way Hisoka delivered his lines. Censorship wasn't really that much of an issue to me. Sure I would've liked to see a little blood splash around, but the anime has been pretty great at managing to show some of the stuff it does (like severed arms in a show airing pretty early during the day). I expected the fight to be a little more fluid like some of the past fights we've seen, but what we got was still pretty awesome. No doubt that this is the best version of Hisoka vs Kastro.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Great episode! The only thing I disliked was the clunky, awkward conversation between Machi and Hisoka. I get that it was necessary so that viewers would understand Hisoka's abilities, but the whole thing felt pretty unnatural, especially the way Hisoka delivered his lines. Censorship wasn't really that much of an issue to me. Sure I would've liked to see a little blood splash around, but the anime has been pretty great at managing to show some of the stuff it does (like severed arms in a show airing pretty early during the day). I expected the fight to be a little more fluid like some of the past fights we've seen, but what we got was still pretty awesome. No doubt that this is the best version of Hisoka vs Kastro.
    Yeah, they tried to force the explanation into a conversation and it didn't work. Should've used the narrator, or have Wing subsequently explain the fight to Gon and Killua. As for the fight, it was fairly static with a bunch of still frame shots but it's still an improvement from what we got before (read: nothing). Another thing I didn't really appreciate is the Ren depicted as white smoke. What happened to the aura from before?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

^Having Machi explaining the fight is a lot more better than having a narrator explaining it, in my opinion.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Another thing I didn't really appreciate is the Ren depicted as white smoke. What happened to the aura from before?
    REN is just a massive white aura flowing like a serene river, HATSU on the other hand is the/a colored aura

REN - (massive) white aura, HATSU - colored aura (hands)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what's great about the anime? It pays attention to little details that we usually overlook in the manga. Prior to this episode, I thought the scene when Hisoka pulled the card out of his arm was unnecessary and it could be avoided. However, now I understand the motif behind it.

Hisoka tells Kastro that his doppelganger cannot replicate the blood and dirt he get on himself during the battle, and we see blood stains on him. The question is where did the stains come from? The answer is Hisoka's trump card. When he threw it, Kastro swatted it away with his hand and we see some blood splattered from it. So, we could assume the splattered blood got on Kastro without realizing it and so, he got marked as the real one by Hisoka. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's my thought.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Y As for the fight, it was fairly static with a bunch of still frame shots but it's still an improvement from what we got before (read: nothing)
    What still frames?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there were too many actual still frames, but like in the last episode there was perhaps too much use of speed-lines. Unlike some people I don't really mind speed-lines as long as there's also some real animation going on at the same time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    And this one who is interesting, from the previous chapter. Notice the amount of aura.
    I was actually waiting if someone will pick up on it. V. interesting, ne?

Madhouse really knows what they're doing and also have a lot of respect to the source material. The amount of details they put as described/seen in the manga is astounding. I honestly believe that most, if not all, of the crew are actual fans of the manga.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shareme View Post
    Madhouse really knows what they're doing and also have a lot of respect to the source material. The amount of details they put as described/seen in the manga is astounding. I honestly believe that most, if not all, of the crew are actual fans of the manga.
    At least you could tell that they are up to the most recent events with some hints like:

The promise made between Gon and Mito in episode 1

Spoiler: Minor Chimera Ant spoiler show

Kalluto's design

Spoiler show

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome episode. Nuff said =]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i was fine with Hisoka and Machi talking about the fight.

Though when they talked about Hisoka's past I would have preferred the Narrator there and for the episode to end with

"Hisoka is his own man and he is confident that he is the most powerful"

The line about how he wants to fight the Spiders is fine...but it's like "So?"
    Why would we the audience be worried about that. Don't we want the Spiders dead?

I think it would be better if they said Hisoka is after the Spiders and that he's always looking for new prey
    and then hint towards Hisoka wanting to destroy Gon. We care about Gon and it would be more interesting to hear he's in danger.

Still a great episode.

Next few episodes should be good

33: Gyo! Killua with a knife hopefully!

34: Gon vs Gido rematch! Killua vs Riehvelt. Gon vs Riehvelt!

35: Hatsu training. Gon vs Hisoka Part 1

36: Gon vs Hisoka Part 2

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally watch the latest episodes the day after (not like 5 days too late with ep31), and it's amazing!!

Agree with those who said how well analyzed Madhouse did with the battle, I already praised how well they explained the Nen system before. Unlike the format of manga where Togashi did a massive exposition dump as the readers can flip back the pages prior for references, animation is a sequential format in time, doing the same thing would too overwhelming for the audience. Madhouse somehow funnel down the loaded informations into TV audience-friendly. Having Machi and Hisoka explained the battle made it easier to digest.

I complained about Machi's color before but now seeing her animated I thought she looks really good (better than the 99' anime's awful pink clothing). Her soft, but cold and uninterested voice fit my image of Machi really well.

Even though this one is an outsourced (Korean production) episode but it's so good! I thought the pacing for ep31 was off, but this one hit it better (especially when this one is so talky). The battle sequences felt more 'in the flesh', you can feel the impact better. I didn't even notice the violence censorship, it felt messy to me already.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    what episodes does this contain???
    I believe it's episodes 20 through 22.

Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    they announce a movie... if the rumors are true... there is gonna be a break after York shin arc....
    then movie...
    and who knows Season 2 will start with GI...
    that move is better than dragging...
    No, I mean... Episode count wouldn't include the movie, and GI would still end mid-season.
    Actually, if going 2 chaps per episode, they can drag GI up to ep 100. But the part covered in OVAs in the old anime will be really dragged on. And seasons would end in strange places; while remember Madhouse dragging 3rd exam to let the 13-pack end with it, or dragging the Zoldyck's arc to fit the ending of the season. The 3rd 13-pack would end with Ging's message, the 4th one would end with Requiem's start, then, if going a bit faster, the 5th one would end with Yorknew arc end, the 6th one - somewhere midway GI, I think, when seeing Chrollo's name in the list and calling Killua. The 7th one would end GI, while the 8th one's end would be around where Meryem's taking over the palace. Not the best way to finish the first hundred huh? Wonder how Madhouse will cope with it.
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; May 20, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like they won't change Killua's clothes for next week like in the manga. He should be using his old shoes and a different sweater in the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    At least you could tell that they are up to the most recent events with some hints like:

The promise made between Gon and Mito in episode 1

Spoiler: Minor Chimera Ant spoiler show

Kalluto's design
    Spoiler show
    Taking this into account, it's surprising that they chose to use the old design of Illumi:
    Spoiler show

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^ It's always possible that his design could change later on in the anime.

Thread Closed
Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 LastLast