Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse: Chapter 197 Discussion/198 Predictions

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse: Chapter 197 Discussion/198 Predictions

A calming chapter. My eyebrow went up when I saw the beautifully-planned-father-to-daughter speech. But I'm glad since it shows that even as a lord he is still a 'human' who cares about his daughter. And the trio of Tao, Takeo, and M-21 are just standing there like complete idiots. The way they talked and acted when there was the lord of all nobles in front of them, hahaha~ Regis too, rushing without actually understanding anything just made me LOL. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    Wonder what role Rai's powers being unlocked, will play in the story? Seems important.

And what sort of rest it is Raizel is speaking of...
    A nap? Personal quiet time? Entering hibernation again?
    Of course. I think he would have to release his power more often for the upcoming enemies. It seems to be related to the power of the blood field he could create. I don't think he would sleep for too long this time, though; probably just a quick rest to recover his body's strength. What I'm curious about is that why it seems like his power would kill his body if being used excessively. Frank was worried about Rai's body the first time they engaged in a fight too. It's as if Rai's body.. is not actually his, not his real body, or something like that. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The old lords second message was funny. Staying up late, being wary of boys, not wearing revealing clothes .
    I imagined Raskreia in Ye Ran High-school girls uniform already.
    LOL, Charlie, you're that obsessed to see Raskreia (oh, how glad I am to be able to know her name instead of just being a Lord) as a student? XD I don't really think it would happen though, as I believe her job as a lord would require her to be very careful. I imagine she would be some kind of guests only later, though the idea of her being a student is funny as well. XD

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    I don't think Laskleia's going to join Yae Ron, she has to run the Noble world. But I definitely see Karias joining as another teacher (History anyone?) possibly. I think the next arc is going to be about the traitor Nobles, I find that very interesting.

Lastly, I'm really worried about Rai! Has it been said how long Noblesse is intended to run because Rai can't die! I don't think this is something that has to do with his hibernation though. I think that his power is just too great even for his own body, it's possibly a failsafe for the Noblesse. Frankenstein's face is making me so sad...
    Totally agree! I wonder how Karias would teach too. *imagines* I think he would be as fail as that teacher who punishes those who are late (I can't remember his name anymore. XD)

It hasn't been mentioned before about the length of a Noblesse's life, as far as I'm concerned. It is only lately that we actually learned the real meaning of the word Noblesse. Noblesse could live longer than ordinary nobles given their power and responsibilities to watch over the nobles, but I think that the power also made them weak and thus they need rest more than usual nobles. Rai didn't use his power too often at the human world, so I guess that's why he didn't really seem to be very exhausted back then.

Quote Originally Posted by llmcduff View Post
    On other matter, could the reason Rai went to sleep in the first place is b/c not long before that, he released his seal to fight something so he needed to go to sleep to recover? Franky seems awfully worry after he released his seal though he wasn't exhausted from it. I know it'd been stated that he's not recovered fully from his sleep. However, it's obvious that the seal release is draining, and maybe this was the reason he went to sleep in the first place. Somehow, I think the Nobles has to have enemies that's equal to their level of powers. By the way, he only released it to show respect. He didn't need to do it.
    There is that possibility, considering from the theory that the rest in form of quite-a-long-time sleep would be needed after using a large amount of power. I believe it so too, though. But what kind of situation would require him to use such a massive amount of power? Another betrayal? XD

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt sad at the end of the chapter, Franky looked almost crying there!! even the sky and moon behind them looked as beautiful and sad as Franky...a health issue with no way to cure, a curse, or the aftermath of some fight?? whatever the reason is It looks like the old lord was aware of Raizel's problem and was concerned about it enough to offer him that earring seal...poor Raizel, he's so powerful that probably no one can beat him, but still he'll end up killing himself one day, self destruct!! (hope not)!! Franky is a scientist after all, he should start a project of (How to save Master) beside the perfect ramen and the gigantic cookie-making machine...

away from the tragedy and looking at the bright side, I'd also like to see the Gajus actually taking the old lord's advice and try to learn from humans, Ludes will fit in the school!! and Karias looks the type that will actually enjoy trying some weird stuff !! ^ ^
    the old lord is actually trying to keep his daughter single forever...too bad that neither her nor Raizel look the type that would ever get married or be in a relationship, both unapproachable....

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha~ It would be great if Frank can investigate a way to save Rai from that trouble with his abilities. Though I tend to think that the fact that his power could kill himself is only natural; such great power will always have a side effect, like Frank's power as well. The earring was given by the previous lord? I thought Rai kind of invented it himself since he had to limit his power in a way.

Looks like romance between nobles would not be emphasized in this series. More to romance between humans, maybe. XD Noblesse never really emphasized the romance side.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly as i predicted. i wonder when they will return back to human world. the Organizations are the main enemy in focus again at last
    Any way guys was any explanation given with regard to those clan leads who betrayed?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It hasn't been mentioned before about the length of a Noblesse's life
    I meant the runtime the manhwa, not the Noblesse lol. A lot of mangaka say they intend to write their manga for X amount of chapters/years and I was wondering if the author of Noblesse ad given any hints. I'm wondering mainly because if Noblesse is entering it's last few arcs then it's possible and even probable that Rai will die.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see, sorry about that, haha~
    Personally I haven't heard anything about that, but others may know better than me. I'd like to see Noblesse for some more arcs before ending, though. I just can't help sometimes that this might be the last arc we have in Noblesse.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant the runtime the manhwa, not the Noblesse lol. A lot of mangaka say they intend to write their manga for X amount of chapters/years and I was wondering if the author of Noblesse ad given any hints. I'm wondering mainly because if Noblesse is entering it's last few arcs then it's possible and even probable that Rai will die.
    I suspect it will go on quite a lot longer. At least twice as long as it currently is, most likely more.

I think this is one of those rare series that could continue without Raizel. The series name is "Noblesse" which is the title by which Raizel is known but it is still just a title. And sometimes titles can be passed on. I could easily imagine him passing on his title, duties, and power(in the form of a soul weapon), to someone else at some point down the road; Shin Woo comes to mind.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

But Shin Woo is a human. Would it be possible to pass his duties to a human, if Rai were to die? And would the world of nobles accept him, if we take it that Rai could pass his duties as a noblesse to Shin Woo?

The idea is interesting. I would look forward too if Rai would give his position as a noblesse to his descendant. I just wonder how, if it's not his child. XD

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if there is any news like that out there. However if that were the case, the news would have spread out on several manga forums and since we have not heard anything like that, I'm going to say no, there aren't any news like that for the time being. Currently the series is three years running strong. So I'd guess conservatively it will be out a few more years, at the very least two and there is a lot of issues to be still resolved.

Thinking back, it took the author three years to reveal that Raizel was the Noblesse after-all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    But Shin Woo is a human. Would it be possible to pass his duties to a human, if Rai were to die? And would the world of nobles accept him, if we take it that Rai could pass his duties as a noblesse to Shin Woo?

The idea is interesting. I would look forward too if Rai would give his position as a noblesse to his descendant. I just wonder how, if it's not his child. XD
    I can't be sure if he could pass it on to a human or not but i think if you consider that "mutants", as the nobles call them, can infect humans. Then it would stand to reason the nobles, whom if i'm not mistaken are what the mutants are derived from, would have a similar ability.

But perhaps instead of resulting in stuff like the unstable bloodthirsty vampires that the organization ends up with, they can produce something more stable. Like a new Noble. Then, if you take into account how often with vampire type stuff the strength of the creator establishes the strength of the creation, so whoever Raizel sired would end up being an absolute beast.

Raizel did stabilize M-21 right? So it seems he, at least, can influence another person's physiology. Though there is no telling what the limits of that are.

------------------------------

The whole thing might just be fan fiction, of course; just me trying to make my dream of Shin Woo/Siera/Raskreia love triangle more viable. But i think on the surface at least it makes a certain kind of sense.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally caught up with the chapters!!

The speech the previous Lord had put in place for his daughter was both touching and hilarious; especially the way he kept repeating "don't trust men, be wary of boys"

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But I don't want Rai to die!!! He is the only main character of any series that I don't want to die!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

He won't die. Not if Frankenstein has anything to say about it. Plus it would take one heck of an enemy to hit him, let alone defeat him. Only people I see being able to challenge or pose a threat to him are the executives of the union and the Noble Clan leaders that betrayed the nobles. But i have a suspicion they are one of the same...Dunno why but I just have a feeling....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    the executives of the union and the Noble Clan leaders that betrayed the nobles. But i have a suspicion they are one of the same...Dunno why but I just have a feeling....
    I like that theory! Does anybody remember how many exec chairs there were when they were shown? I can't find the chapter.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But I don't want Rai to die!!! He is the only main character of any series that I don't want to die!
    I understand your sentiments, i do. But after this chapter i see so much potential in Raizels death. The potential for a series to make me sob like like a little girl; and that's always good!

In fact i should work on my fake excuses for red puffy eyes in advance, like so....
    Last edited by Jammin; August 12, 2011 at 10:56 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast