Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 56, 57 and 58 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 56, 57 and 58 Discussion/Predictions

Seeing as we got RAWs already...

Chapter 56 Translation
    Chapter 57 Translation
    Chapter 58 Translation

No complete translation yet, but a summary of the chapters can be found here.

Discuss please.
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 26, 2011 at 12:39 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 56, 57 and 58 Discussion/Predictions

It seems that everybody is getting a little owned, Fuwa reflecting Yuki's yips to him was amazing. Yanagi said that he can't win? wtf?.
    Kawamura and Kabaji are in huge trouble, Momo and kenya seems that they're in a pinch. Oishi and Niou are going to see the twins true skills. And Kintarou's serve was returned.

I mean, they have to show their true strenght, I hope they make a comeback, Konomi can't make them lose, because they trained for nothing in that case

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It seems that everybody is getting a little owned, Fuwa reflecting Yuki's yips to him was amazing. Yanagi said that he can't win? wtf?.
    Kawamura and Kabaji are in huge trouble, Momo and kenya seems that they're in a pinch. Oishi and Niou are going to see the twins true skills. And Kintarou's serve was returned.
    I think it's natural that this is happening for most of them as I'm sure Konomi wants to display the 1st String as strong as possible (I thought Yukimura might get a clean victory to develop him further but oh well) without making it completly impossible for the others to make a comeback with their training (or in Renji's case I would count on Inui's support).

I mean, they have to show their true strenght, I hope they make a comeback, Konomi can't make them lose, because they trained for nothing in that case
    Spoiler show

These were my predictions for the matches before these chapters were released and I wouldn't change them just yet (well, maybe Kintarou's score, but that's about it).

I very much believe that Irie and Yanagi have to make the 1st String, in order to give a Atobe and Akaya a chance to defeat them properly. Irie also has to prove a point that staying behind doesn't equal an auto loss.

Kintarou basically has to win to stay on par with Echizen who will probably have a close match with one of the top 10 at some point. As they are the super rookies of east and west, it wouldn't be fitting for Kintarou to lose against someone from the B team.
    The same thing basically goes for Yukimura, he got too much hype to lose against a non top 10 player.

I believe I mentioned it at some point before, but I'm very unsure about the doubles. Kawamura/Kabaji basically have no reason to win, unless Konomi wants to promote them as more important characters in the future.

I'm predicting Oishi/Niou winning, firstly because Niou is an extremly popular character, secondly because Konomi has to show some alternate way to defeat synchro (which is obviously possible, but was never really shown, even less so with Tachibana/Chitose losing to Washio/Suzuki).

The thing that makes me most unsure about the last doubles match is Momo, he got some build up early on in his match with Oni but was pretty much neglected since then. I think the outcome of this match will depend on whether Konomi changes his mind and drops Momo as a more central character.

I realize that my arguments are mostly based on possible future developments, but I think that's what it comes down to in the end.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, Basing it on future developments is perfectly right.
    Since this is a shounen manga.

But Oishi/Niou winning? Niou wasnt even Top15. He wasnt that popular.
    I think Konomi feels he explained The 2 wings of Kyushu's Tie-break loss by stating that Tachibana and Chitose have not paired up in over a year.
    If they had paired up for lets say a few days prior, they would have won.

I REALLY want Irie to win, but I dont think Atobe and Kirihara are gonna have rematches though.
    remember Kirihara only lost a Tie-break match and not an actual match.
    Remember Oni gave Momo a 6-0. Wont be a rematch there I think.

Ive never seen Konomi do Singles Rematches.
    And your right, if Yukimura loses, I'll be confused too. As to why the player that dragged his school to a National title in his 1st year of middle school his being handled by a player that age-wise, should have been in that tournament.

Fuwa is 2nd Year High Schooler. That means in Yukimura's freshman year, Fuwa must have been a Senior and in the nationals same time as Yukimura.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But Oishi/Niou winning? Niou wasnt even Top15. He wasnt that popular.
    I think Konomi feels he explained The 2 wings of Kyushu's Tie-break loss by stating that Tachibana and Chitose have not paired up in over a year.
    If they had paired up for lets say a few days prior, they would have won.
    Possibly, they got Moujuu no you na Synchro pretty late apparently. Still, there has to be a way to beat Synchro without using it, for example by overpowering (see Date/Ban who are higher ranked than the Mutsu Twins), and using a pair that used to rely on Synchro to show that would work pretty well imo.

I REALLY want Irie to win, but I dont think Atobe and Kirihara are gonna have rematches though.
    remember Kirihara only lost a Tie-break match and not an actual match.
    Remember Oni gave Momo a 6-0. Wont be a rematch there I think.
    Akaya got completly dominated by Yanagi, even in Devil Mode, I don't think it matters that it was only a tie breaker.

Momoshiro's match was very early in the series and the script definately changed since then. Also, I think the case is a bit different as Momo doesn't have any specific relationship to Oni, unlike the other two (Akaya wants to defeat the 3 demons, Irie is Atobe's counterpart as Kazuya and Oni are for Ryoma and Kintarou).

Ive never seen Konomi do Singles Rematches.
    And your right, if Yukimura loses, I'll be confused too. As to why the player that dragged his school to a National title in his 1st year of middle school his being handled by a player that age-wise, should have been in that tournament.

Fuwa is 2nd Year High Schooler. That means in Yukimura's freshman year, Fuwa must have been a Senior and in the nationals same time as Yukimura.
    Hmm you're right, I remembered him being a 3rd year... if that's the case I'm really surprised he didn't make a comment on Yukimura. Either he's ignorant like Kadowaki or his team consisted of a bunch of bad players and they didn't make it to the nationals.

Hara and Taira should definately know Yukimura though as Rikkai played Shitenhouji during Yukimura's second year, so I'm expecting to see some sort of comment from them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't anybody think that these matches right now is similar to oni and momo's match in a way? I think they are all being watched over even though it's not technically planned (from what I've read). It's like Konomi is giving the middle schoolers, and Irie, a taste of their own medicine and seeing if they know the weaknesses in their own play style and utilizes them to counter their high school opponents. Momo tried to counter oni's mastered jack knife with one of his own but oni was able to counter it because, in my opinion, he knows how to counter the jack knife. So there may be a possibility that one way to overcome a style is to fight fire with fire and those who know how to control that style the best wins. Any thoughts?

My predictions for the outcome of the matches are a toss-up since there were no hints throughout the manga that any of the middle schoolers truly know the weak points in their play style.

However, I think Yukimura wins because he knows how to overcome yips with PoP so I think throughout the match, he will be struggling to achieve PoP until he is in a pinch and then he whips it out. There may be a possibility that Fuwa had a past with Yukimura, where Fuwa was the one who suppose to bring his school a national title but Yukimura sealed his senses back then and that's why Fuwa gains the ability to reflect yips back to his opponent making Yukimura suffer his own play style.

Irie will lose because he dug his own grave since the beginning of the match. I think his opponent use to have that mentality like Irie but realized that every point counts so I'm basically saying that maybe Irie's play style is to make his opponent overestimate him but turns everything around at the last minute. However, his opponent does not underestimate anybody but overestimates them instead? (Personally, I use to play like that but now I try to win every point.)

Kawamura/Kabaji for the win. We've seen Kawamura going into his mode holding a racket but now I think Konomi is trying to portray his control of his power on the court. Also, I think his character has a lot of sympathy for others, in other words, he's modest. So I think he will soon unleash his true tennis on his opponents and they'd be the one who does the flying. Then their opponents aim for Kabaji thinking he's the weaker player and Kawamura does not sympathize Kabaji because he trusts his tennis. Kawamura and Kabaji achieves synchro and their opponents activates their synchro but soon realize that Kabaji can copy his partner's moves too, or yet can copy his partner's stats. Another possibility is Kabaji achieving muga.

Not sure with Kintarou. Both Kintarou and Hakamada's moves are quite similarly insane. However, Kintarou's moves are more explosive while Hakamada's is more refined. If Kintarou shows that returning shots with crazy moves is not the only way to win, it's Kintarou's win. It may be his win too if he figures out how to return Hakamada's shot and that he can do a similar move but more of a less explosive all out mountain storm or whatever where the shot doesn't explode.

Oishi and Niou is 50/50. We haven't seen, in detail, how one pair's synchro is better than another's. So my guess is that they lose because Mutsu/Mutsu are twins? and that's why their synchro is better?

Yanagi is going to win in my opinion. If he knows that his opponent can read him, he can use that to his advantage and be one step ahead of his opponent, like playing chess in a way. Or maybe he achieves absolute prediction at the last minute. However, there is a possibility he may lose because of the percentage of winning he said was 0%,

Momo and Kenya loses. Against two captains who are paired together is quite difficult. I think because Momo and Kenya are looked down upon and are not seen fit to be captains for their school make them the underdogs in this situation. Momo and Kenya may try to prove to two captains that they are capable of being captains for their school but in the end loses the match but gains Taira/Hara's respect for their tennis. I think Momo will show improvement in his judgment by knowing his limits and his partner's limits by preventing one another from returning a shot that may injure themselves. Kenya may show his true colors by using a similar form of bible tennis in my opinion because he is more of a balanced player now, not just relying on speed but enabling him to rely on another stat like power or mentality and controlling his stats to try to win the match.

My last thought is having all them lose or having them all win, with Irie and/or Yukimura as a toss-up.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall, I think that they'll have to evolve again on this match if they wanna win.

Yuki got his own Yips, if he really wants to overcome it, Konomi maybe gives him PoP, and if that happens, Fuwa will lose badly (unless his eyes can also copy it, but I think that's impossible). I think that this is a good way to show that Yukimura can't always use his Yips, he needs another power-up to show his true strength. For me, it's gonna be 6-2 or 6-1 to Yuki (unlikely if he loses more than one game).

Irie it's going to lose. I mean, he pretended again but even not pretending Akiba still returned his shots easily. He should have noticed that pretending with a 1st stringer is going to be his own loss. Maybe 6-2 o ¡r 6-4 to Akiba.

About Momo and Kenya, they might lose, however, Momo is a character that has a huge hidden potential. He lost that badly to Oni, and Kenya to Siraishi. I think they're going to win, altough they're facing two captains, they will find a way to make a comeback and win. 6-4 or 7-5 to Momo and Kenya.

Kintarou suffered to loses in the past (Yuki and Oni), so I'm totally sure that he will win. He will return that vanish shot and win the match with his amazing power and stamina. I give him 6-3 to Kintarou.

Renji said that he has 0% chance of winning because he was totally read. Maybe he gets a power-up or Inui's chanting makes him win. Maybe he wins 7-5 or 6-4, but I don't see him losing.

Kawamura and Kabaji NEED to win. Kawa has to show that he's much stronger than Kabaji and make those two fly. I can see him returning at some point the Danji No Haru, and leaving them speechless. 6-4 to Kabaji and Kawamura.

Lastly, Oishi and Niou are going to have a hard time with the Mutsu twins. They'll have to defeat synchro or get a new doubles aura (that I highly doubt) that surpasses it and win the match. 6-4 for Oishi and Niou.

So I think that everybody except Irie and maybe Momo Kenya win their matches and become first stringers.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsisombath View Post
    However, I think Yukimura wins because he knows how to overcome yips with PoP so I think throughout the match, he will be struggling to achieve PoP until he is in a pinch and then he whips it out. There may be a possibility that Fuwa had a past with Yukimura, where Fuwa was the one who suppose to bring his school a national title but Yukimura sealed his senses back then and that's why Fuwa gains the ability to reflect yips back to his opponent making Yukimura suffer his own play style.
    I think it would be more interesting if Yukimura got some variation of Sanada's Black Aura instead of TnK, it would serve it's purpose by defeating Yips and could allow Rikkai's three demons (assuming Renj also gets it) to have something unique to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by dsisombath View Post
    Irie will lose because he dug his own grave since the beginning of the match. I think his opponent use to have that mentality like Irie but realized that every point counts so I'm basically saying that maybe Irie's play style is to make his opponent overestimate him but turns everything around at the last minute. However, his opponent does not underestimate anybody but overestimates them instead? (Personally, I use to play like that but now I try to win every point.)
    I wouldn't say that Akiba overestimates Irie, he looks down on Irie for staying behind, so it sounds more like underestimating to me. This could still be used for Irie to play with full power from the beginning of the match next time, but if he were to lose he'd most likely be dropped which wouldn't make much sense, given that he arguably had the most devolpment of any high schooler so far. Also, as Kazuya and Oni basically have to stick around, I don't think it makes much sense to drop Irie for a random guy.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall, I think that they'll have to evolve again on this match if they wanna win.

Yuki got his own Yips, if he really wants to overcome it, Konomi maybe gives him PoP, and if that happens, Fuwa will lose badly (unless his eyes can also copy it, but I think that's impossible). I think that this is a good way to show that Yukimura can't always use his Yips, he needs another power-up to show his true strength. For me, it's gonna be 6-2 or 6-1 to Yuki (unlikely if he loses more than one game).
    PoP has only been unleashed by Lefty's in this series. Yukimura is Right-Handed.
    Echizen, His dad and tezuka are all ambidextrous. So I doubt Konomi will give him PoP.

Irie it's going to lose. I mean, he pretended again but even not pretending Akiba still returned his shots easily. He should have noticed that pretending with a 1st stringer is going to be his own loss. Maybe 6-2 o ¡r 6-4 to Akiba.
    I doubt Konomi would insult Japanese tennis after trying to promote it.
    Since Akiba berates Irie for staying in Japan, Akiba winning would mean the author is saying that staying in Japan puts you at a disadvantage in Tennis.
    So knowing Konomi, since he has had Echizen leave USA several times to come back to Japan for tennis, I doubt who would let Akiba win.
    Also, he made Irie completely p*ss all over Atobe. taking 6 straight games, then revealing that the 187-187 tie-break was just Irie having fun.
    It would make Akiba strong enough to crush Atobe with ease aswell.

And since Akiba is No.20, then that means all those other guys could make mince-meat out of Atobe, who was on-par with Tezuka at some point.
    So just to not ruin the strength Tier of players he created, Konomi will make Akiba lose.

About Momo and Kenya, they might lose, however, Momo is a character that has a huge hidden potential. He lost that badly to Oni, and Kenya to Siraishi. I think they're going to win, altough they're facing two captains, they will find a way to make a comeback and win. 6-4 or 7-5 to Momo and Kenya.
    Nah, Kenya only lost in a Tie-break match. It doesnt count as an OFFICAL loss if you get what I mean.
    Although Kenya is shown to be as fast or faster than Kikumaru, I dont see him defeating Hara Tetsuya, the guy who captained his school to the National Semi-Finals.

Taira Yoshiyuki and Hara Tetsuya are former captains of Shitenhouji.
    Since Shiraishi implies that being captain of Shitenhouji means you cant afford to lose, it also implies that captain goes to the strongest in the school at the start of the year.
    That means both Hara and Taira must have been the strongest in their school in their 3rd Years.

Kintarou suffered to loses in the past (Yuki and Oni), so I'm totally sure that he will win. He will return that vanish shot and win the match with his amazing power and stamina. I give him 6-3 to Kintarou.
    Luckily, Konomi made it clear that they were both unofficial matches that he lost.
    I want him to win, coz it would push him back next to/above Echizen again.

Renji said that he has 0% chance of winning because he was totally read. Maybe he gets a power-up or Inui's chanting makes him win. Maybe he wins 7-5 or 6-4, but I don't see him losing.
    I see Yanagi losing.
    I dont see how Konomi would allow Yanagi to become No.17 which is a higher rank than Irie would recieve.
    I cant see Yanagi winning, he isnt anywhere near the Main Characters if you get what I mean.
    I see him closely losing. or just plain losing.

Kawamura and Kabaji NEED to win. Kawa has to show that he's much stronger than Kabaji and make those two fly. I can see him returning at some point the Danji No Haru, and leaving them speechless. 6-4 to Kabaji and Kawamura.
    Huh?
    Why would Konomi allow Kawamura to attain the No.12 spot?
    If Kawamura is stronger than No.12, then the story would simply become Fuji, Atobe, Shiraishi, Yukimura, Sanada, Akutsu, Oshitari. Y etc. Battling out for the Top 10.
    Since all I mentioned are better than Kawamura. Also, Hirakoba, Kikumaru, Kai, Kite, Inui, Niou, Yagyuu, Kirihara, Sengoku, Tachibana, Chitose, ALL are better than him.
    So if Kawamura became No.12 Konomi would end up having a bunch of 15yr olds as the best U-17 players in Japan.

Lastly, Oishi and Niou are going to have a hard time with the Mutsu twins. They'll have to defeat synchro or get a new doubles aura (that I highly doubt) that surpasses it and win the match. 6-4 for Oishi and Niou.
    They are probably gonne be close to winning. I say 6-4 to the Mutsu twins.
    They crushed Washio/Issa pair who are equal to the 2 wings of Kyushu (without practice).

Although if the 2 wings of Kyushu practiced, it looks like they would Beat Washio/Issa, but still, Oishi becoming No.15 in Japan is too far-fetched for the storyline.

I dont see Konomi allowing any players that are weaker than Tachibana or Chitose becoming 1st Stringers.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Oishi and Niou weaker than Chitose/Tachibana?, I don't think so, because their bases are now higher than Washio and Suzuki, so they could easily defeat them on a synchro battle.

And Kawamura and Kabaji winning does not mean that they're stronger than other pair (take Inui/Renji pair for example). About Yuki, it doesn't mean that you have to be left handed to attain Tenimuhou, that's stupid. In fact, he can perfectly attain it now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Konomi decides to give it to him.

Momo/Kenya can lose perfectly, but I think it will be a close match. Same about Renji, but he will defeat Mitsuya, I can't see him losing against a non-top 10 player.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

PoP has only been unleashed by Lefty's in this series. Yukimura is Right-Handed.
    Echizen, His dad and tezuka are all ambidextrous. So I doubt Konomi will give him PoP.
    Given that TnK allows the user to unleash their full potential, and that the requirement for getting it is mental related, I kinda doubt handedness has anything to do with it. Also, Kintarou is right handed and will most likely get TnK or something equivalent at some point.

Bottom line, that paragraph makes no sense.

@the rest of that post
    Saying it's impossible for Yanagi or Kawamura to win because then they'd be higher ranked than someone else is a pretty bad argument. Power levels change, and especially because of the secret camp, the current level of the Black Jersey Brigade is unknown. Furthermore, just because they would have a higher number doesn't necessarily mean they are stronger, for example in the scenario that both Yanagi and Irie would beat their respective opponents, it could still be Irie > Yanagi > Akuto > Akiba.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right Chaos, I mean, a player higher ranked than another does not mean that he's stronger. For example, Mitsuya can be stronger than Hakamada or Fuwa(see above, where I think that for example Inui Renji are stronger than Kawamura/Kabaji).
    I just hope Konomi doesn't take too long with the matches because at this pace it could take months before all the matches from No.20 to No.11 are over

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right Chaos, I mean, a player higher ranked than another does not mean that he's stronger. For example, Mitsuya can be stronger than Hakamada or Fuwa(see above, where I think that for example Inui Renji are stronger than Kawamura/Kabaji).
    I just hope Konomi doesn't take too long with the matches because at this pace it could take months before all the matches from No.20 to No.11 are over
    Well, I would think the current 1st Stringers are more or less in the right order, because they were probably chosen and ranked just before the last exhibition.

Also regarding the ranks, I theorize that Ban being No. 13 and Hakamada being No. 14 doesn't necessarily mean Ban > Hakamada as No. 11, 14, 17, 20 seem to be the Singles spots and No. 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19 the ones for Doubles. (I can go into more detail if necessary but I hope it's somewhat clear what I'm talking about.)

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the B part of the 1st stringers are strong players, the top 10 are going to be godlike or monsters. Which players do you guys think are going to face them? (personally I think Ryoma, Sanada, Atobe, Fuji, Oni, Tokugawa.. etc..)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the B part of the 1st stringers are strong players, the top 10 are going to be godlike or monsters. Which players do you guys think are going to face them? (personally I think Ryoma, Sanada, Atobe, Fuji, Oni, Tokugawa.. etc..)
    That's.. a difficult question. Kazuya and Oni definately as they are already part of the 2nd Stringer's line-up... I'm not sure whether any of the middle schoolers should play at this point actually (maybe one or two but not more than that), I feel it would somewhat defeat the purpose of hyping up Yukimura by giving him No. 11 as opponent. If any of the middle schoolers play, members of the BJB seem like the more likely choice, so probably Echizen and Sanada if I could choose only two.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast