Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime Deserve a Remake or a Reboot?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Anime Deserve a Remake or a Reboot?

First Fullmetal Alchemist, then Hunter X Hunter and perhaps Kenshin ( a new Anime Adaption was announced, but we don´t know if this will be a remake or not ). All these Animes hast later a new Anime-Series as a Remake/Reboot.

FMA ---> FMA Brotherhood ( More closely to the Manga )
    HxH ---> HxH 2011 - A Remake of the first Anime with new Voice-Cast and a new Anime-Studio
    Kenshin ---> Has only announced, that a new Anime will be coming. Perhaps a Remake of the old Series.

Remake or Reboot of the old anime-series is now in trend and some of them was needed.

Anyway, is there some Animes, which is needed to be remaked and rebooted with new visual effect etc. ?

Here is some of my Animes, which is needed to be remaked/rebootet:
    • City Hunter - Great Manga, needs great Anime-Update^^
    • Death Note - Only Part 2 with the End of the Manga plz !!!
    • Prince of Tennis - Bad Anime Adaption ----> Need Remake !!!!!!!!!!
    • Eyeshield - Finish the Anime with an Remake !!!!
    • Dragonball - Plz not the stupid DBZ Kai Version !!!
    • Slam Dunk - Old Anime isn´t finished, so need Remake with Ending !!!!
    • Air Gear - With the OAD, a new Anime-Series from the begining would be great
    • History Disciple Kenichi - Only a Reboot and more closely to the manga
    • Kekkaishi - Remake of the first season in HD-Style
    • Soul Eater - Same as FMA Brotherhood
    • Bleach - HD-Reboot without Fillers !!!
    • Naruto Part 1 - The same as Bleach-Reboot
    • One Piece - DBKai-Treatmeant is here better and cutting the Fillers out !!

There is more Animes, which it should be rebooted or remaked.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Animes to deserve a Remake or a Reboot ?

Get Backers - remake and done until the end
    Black cat - redone to follow the manga
    Kekkaishi - `st season done great but adding HD would be better + second season up to the end and have Tanabe-Sensei write an anime original since she was probably forced to end it prematurely in order to insert Arakawa-sensei.
    Tsubasa Chronicles done in series format of 100eps.
    Gash Bell - redoing only the Faudo arc and adding the last arc
    Rave master - reboot and remake by studio a-1 pictures with the same character designer and music composer of FT, the director of FT does the Air Gear OVA's and does em great so I hope studio Satelight reboots AG.
    Kuroshitsuji getting FMAB treatment - just a bit longer as well as Soul Eater.

Others mentioned above.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hana Yori Dango

I would love to watch a remake of that anime with better animation and adapt it until the end of the series.

Soul Eater

I agree with you guys, it definitely needs a remake a la FMAB.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Soul Eater

I agree with you guys, it definitely needs a remake a la FMAB.
    A new SE anime definitely would be great! Still they should wait another one or two years or they will catch up to the story in no time.

D.Gray-Man: The old anime did a good job, but a reanimation would be great!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Top of my list to be remade would definitely Air Gear. Since there's been 3 OVA's released, maybe there's hope it'll happen. And if it happens, it can't be too low budget either as I think the animation for something like Air Gear to be popular has to be excellent to really capture its action and to appreciate it.

Slam Dunk could use a remake, or at least some OVA's to finish off the Nationals arc.

Eyeshield 21 doesn't need a remake, but I'd like to see some OVA's or second season or something to finish it off.

I think Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi having a remake wouldn't be too bad either.
    Last edited by Ush; August 02, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hummingbird's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree for Hana Yori Dango! It was so 80s haha, and why could the boys do ballet? XD

Fruits Basket - follow the manga, not make one of the characters a girl when it's a he >.> Finishing revealing all the zodiacs.

Also not on the list of remakes.
    Hellsing (though they extended on everything which is great)

And I'm not sure but would Neon Genesis Evangelion the movies be considered a remake? It's a basic retelling. (my god they are just milking it for all it's worth >.<)

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    I agree for Hana Yori Dango! It was so 80s haha, and why could the boys do ballet? XD
    If they remake Hana Yori Dango, I would really like for the animators to not use the character designs featured in the beginning of the series, rather I would like for them to use the ones that appeared later in the series.

Quote Quote:
    Fruits Basket - follow the manga, not make one of the characters a girl when it's a he >.> Finishing revealing all the zodiacs.
    I would love to see a remake or a continuation of Furuba. And I watched Fruits Basket but I don’t know what character you’re referring to.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

D.Gray-Man only needs OVAs imo, I thought the anime already did a pretty good job

Gantz needs a remake like Brotherhood, it really deserves it.

Initial D, a great racing manga could also do with a remake although with so many chapters, I don't think its worthwhile.
    I really want a kekkaishi remake too and I hope its sunrise again.
    I agree about evagelion movies, I almost fell asleep watching the first one..
    a remake for kenshin would also be great and since HxH is mentioned, why not Yu Yu Hakusho too ?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Evangelion is a Reboot of the Series, but it will have an other story development.

Initial D - I remember, that the anime-studio changed some parts of the story like changine names of the cars etc. So it should be remaked with more closley to the manga plz.
    Gantz - Yes it will be nice to be remaked, because the Manga is nearing the end.

What about Capeta ? The Anime was finished in 2006 and the manga is still ongoing. Besides that, we haven´t a recing anime for a while.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For those asking for a Yu Yu Hakusho remake, I don't see why you would want it :P The anime was very well done and covered pretty much everything important. Unless you guys are just asking simply for the fact that you want it to be reanimated, because it was so epic.. Which in that case, I can't disagree.

I just think if there was some sort of priority system of animes I wanted remakes for, YYH wouldn't rank high is all

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Sailor moon needs a remake too....
    I mean, don't you want to know what the experience was like

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sailor Moon Remake ? Oh yes, but not the Kai-Version.

I could imagine, that we could get a Remake of the first 73 Episodes. Because some parts are missing and changed^^

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hummingbird's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    If they remake Hana Yori Dango, I would really like for the animators to not use the character designs featured in the beginning of the series, rather I would like for them to use the ones that appeared later in the series.

I would love to see a remake or a continuation of Furuba. And I watched Fruits Basket but I don’t know what character you’re referring to.
    How do spoilers work let's see..

Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

None at all, I hate remakes/reboots. It's annoying if a series derails from the manga plot, but to reboot a 26/52 long series just for the sake of HD... costs to much man power and reduces original series, not my thing.

TemplateR
    If you got such a problem with fillers, how about just skipping them and sticking to the canon plot, as I do with long running adaptions?
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 26, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Woow.. I know its a trend to adapt old mangas -even if they already had anime adaptations in the past- but I think TC is exagerating, no way that many animes will get a reboot..
    As Schabrak wrote its not like making an anime is cheap.
    There is something common in all the anime reboots, they are very popular mangas which anime adaptations diverged from the original, or ended abruptly.
    Hunter X Hunter, sells well and the last arc hadn't been animated.
    FMA: Brotherhood follows the manga plot.
    Inuyasha 2 *?*: Follows the manga's last arc(?).

Now for the movie reboots we have seen like Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin and Berserk, they are all just a re-telling of a story we have seen already. Its not that weird really, one Dragon Ball movie (IIRC the 10th anniversary movie) was a retelling of Goku's first adventures and ONE PIECE had both Alabasta and Drum Island arcs remade as movies.

Now Dragon Ball Z Kai its its own thing, I don't remember any other anime being retouched and being broadcasted like that, still I have heard it wasn't that cheap of a proccess either, and there must be a reason TOEI didn't make the last arc...

That being said there are a couple of mangas that do fit the description of being popular and not having their manga ending animated. I don't think they need remakes but reboots (Animating where the first anime adaptation ended).
    -Slam Dunk: Very popular and its ending wasn't animated.
    -Kenichi: If the Ragnarok arc was made I don't see why would they not animate the battle against YOMI arc, sure its not as popular as other mangas but I think it could happen.
    -GANTZ: I don't see this happening, the perfect timing would have been like 2 years ago to hype the movie (Kinda like they did with Kaiji, really). Though this could work, its a popular manga.
    -Houshin Engi: This is bias, the manga was more of a cult hit than popular but I would LOVE to see a complete reboot (The original 26 episode anime diverged too much of the manga).

As for the DBZ Kai.. If it happens again, the most likely candidate would have to be IMO Sailor Moon, a Toei property beloved by the entire world which recently has been licensed again over the world.. But still, I don't see it happening.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast