Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime Deserve a Remake or a Reboot?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Animes to deserve a Remake or a Reboot ?

I agree about D.Gray-Man.I'd love to see the old episodes in a new light and the recent arcs seriously need some hot animation.

Another one is,as random as it may sound,Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.I mean,i liked the movie a lot,but after reading the whole manga,i just want to see the rest animated,since only the first two volumes were roughly covered.Moreover,i wonder what changes Hayao Miyazaki would make,as he rushed the ending of the manga a bit.
    Anyway,there were several scenes which would work perfectly in a movie or some OVAs,so seeing them awesomely animated would make my little heart happy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So I push the thread, because of an recent news:

Quote Quote:
    On Sunday, the Japanese website MyNavi posted the results of its member survey on which 1990s anime people want to be remade. The Warau Salesman and Slam Dunk television anime series ranked in the top two among male and female respondents, and Yū Yū Hakusho also came in the top five on both lists.

Out of 373 votes cast by the self-selected male respondents, these were the top five choices:

1 Warau Salesman 22.0%
    2 Slam Dunk 21.4%
    3 City Hunter '91 17.2%
    4 Yū Yū Hakusho 16.1%
    5 Neon Genesis Evangelion 9.1%

Out of 603 votes cast by the self-selected female respondents, these were the top five choices:

1 Slam Dunk 21.2%
    2 Warau Salesman 19.2%
    3 Sailor Moon 18.2%
    4 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo 15.6%
    5 Yū Yū Hakusho 14.4%

The survey was conducted among the users of the MyNavi News site's members when they logged in between January 13 and January 18, and multiple answers were allowed.

In November, the Japanese portal site Goo asked its users which 1990s shōjo manga they think should receive a live-action remake. Gokinjo Monogatari, Tenshi Nanka ja Nai, and Marmalade Boy topped that list.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...le-want-remade

City Hunter Reboot ? Why not ? It was a good Anime/Manga

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

KINDAICHI?! Do want. DO REALLY WANT
    because I heard how awesome and amazing it is, and because it actually is. Too bad scanlations stopped for it since vol 1..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What other manga would you like to see get a reboot?

So now we got the Hunter x Hunter 2011 Madhouse reboot and so far I'm liking it.

But what other series especially shonen series would you like to see get a reboot?

One I think would be great is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
    I think it would be great to see an anime that starts
    off from the very first chapter of the Phantom Blood Arc
    the first JoJo's Bizarre Adventure arc ever and went all
    the way to the current chapter. I know there is a movie
    but it seems rather difficult to find. And besides that I want
    an anime that doesn't end with The Phantom Blood arc
    but continues and I also don't want one that starts in
    the middle of another arc. That just annoying to me.

I just finished reading the first volume (I read some before but I lost my place)
    and it's pretty cool. Dio Brando is a bit of a jerk to put it lightly. I love how old
    school it is. Well it IS old school. But I mean it's certainly got a different vibe
    from more current Shonen like Naruto or even Hunter x Hunter for example.
    I won't say that either one is better because to me they're all different and good.

Anywho what manga would like to see get a reboot?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What other manga would you like to see get a reboot?

I'd like to see JoJo's Bizaare Adventure finally get a proper anime adaptation. I'd also like to see a reboot of Yu Yu Hakusho (not that I don't think the first series was great, I just wouldn't be opposed to seeing Yusuke and friends with modern animation). Also I would like to see Rurouni Kenshin rebooted (oh wait thats actually already happening)

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with your choices Future Frog. Especially JoJo's. JoJo's and HxH are the most underrated Shonen among non Japanese fans that I wish could get another shot at popularity and see some of my favorite moments animated again. 1 wish came true with HxH, now I want to see more JoJo's animation, I just hope they can capture the bizarre art style!

Another one I want to see is a Slam Dunk remake, the last 9 volumes (best arc easily) wasn't adapted, plus the original 1993 anime just hasn't aged as well as the manga. A modern faster paced version would blow me away. I think we live in an age of nostalgia and remakes, so these seem like hopeful choices I think.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see YuYu Hakusho get a reboot. I love the anime but I just feel with today's modern animation the fights would look incredible.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Slam Dunk definitely! The anime actually looks older than the manga. It would be awesome to see a reboot of it with animation like Buzzer Beater and the art style closer to Real (or maybe the last chapters of Slam Dunk).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes definitely Slam Dunk! I would love to see it remade for a new generation. I think the message of determination and perseverance is timeless and would definitely still work for this generation. I'd also like to see a reboot of Black Cat (the Black Cat anime series was just so unfaithful, I'd love to see it done right) although that may be too soon.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Pokymonn's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

FMA
    Actually I'm not longing for any reboots. I simply want the adaptation of 'Hajime no Ippo' to be resumed.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Like with others, Slam Dunk.

I also think Gantz should get a reboot. The original series was going well until the ending which was non-canon and absolute crap. Izumi and the vampires would look fantastic in anime.
    Last edited by steadynco; April 27, 2012 at 07:43 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ yu yu hakusho reboot with modern animation FTW.

I can think of a few, personally, While I know theres no chance in hell of it happening, I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot or konjiki no gash. the first series adapted the manga (albet a few minor /short fillers) pretty well, but then messed up on the faudo arc and never did the clear note arc or ending afterwards. I would LOVE to see the show that got me into anime redone with better quality and be completed in its entierty through.

My second one is beelzebub. the first one sucked. no. It never happened. why am I talking about something thats non existant? It just needs a good anime adaption NOT done by studio pirrot.

Lastly, and it probably has a very likely chance of happening, soul eater. the first one's very enjoyable all the way up until the end where
    Spoiler show
    yeah... I'd like to see the real thing play out, besides I loved the baba yaga castle invasion arc, so seeing that be done would be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice~!

well if any of my choices happen, it more than likely won't be done until a few more years later XD
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

About YYH I wouldn't really want a remake since the level of censorship in today's anime far exceeds that of the past and the anime added a lot of things which the manga does not include which I am sure I will find very missing to me, a Kai treatment with some added scenes might be a better idea but I still don't see it happening.

Rurouni Kenshin as a re-made TV-series with today's standard for animation but with a different director and not by Deen would be amazing.
    I haven't watched Hoshin Engi yet from what I've heard it's another series that deserves a good reboot.
    Slam dunk is a must as one of the more inspiring mangas there is.
    HSDK if done by Brain's base would be better to start from the beginning since the first series although good especially in VA's and BGM's dropped some parts from the manga and distorted other parts, also I would love to have it with better animation just like HxH.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that besides the fillers and the fact that it never animated the final arc, Rurouni Kenshin was a fantastic anime. It actually has some pretty great animation. Same goes for Yu Yu Hakusho. The latter was actually better than the manga it was based on.

Another series I would love to see remade would be Dragon Ball. I'd love to see the whole manga as one anime series with much better pacing as well as some awesome animation. Throw in a soundtrack similar to the PS2 Budokai games and you'd have one hell of an epic anime!

Quote Quote:
    I also think Gantz should get a reboot. The original series was going well until the ending which was non-canon and absolute crap. Izumi and the vampires would look fantastic in anime.
    Gantz needs another anime! This time one with better animation (though the old anime does have some pretty awesome moments what with the 3D backgrounds and all).

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I want a Sailor Moon reboot because other magical girls can't compare to it it deviated from the manga quite a bit, and I would like to see what it would be like closer to the source material.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast