Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which Anime Deserve a Remake or a Reboot?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Animes to deserve a Remake or a Reboot?

Durarara!! needs a reboot - preferably after the final volume has been released, and continue the story from Volume 4 onwards. That being said, I think another Baccano! series would be awesome, maybe follow one of the other stories for the series.

Hitman Reborn! I would love to see the recent arcs animated. Though it may be a little too violent from what it was when the anime aired - the anime missing out a majority of the violence on the first run did not settle with me based on the nature of where the story was going after it's gag-days. (Oh how I miss Reborn! when it was a gag manage).

Ao No Exorcist - maybe when there is more content to be animated. I wasn't too happy with the anime ending.

Fruits Basket - Ok the anime is sweet but it has such an open-ended feel to it. It needs closure, and with the manga complete, a remake would be nice.

D.Gray-man - When the manga is finished (if it ever finishes, part of me thinks it may end up in indefinite hiatus due to Hoshino's problems - seems like she's struggling even now)

Beelzebub - just some new events that would be great animated.

There are probably others that I have forgotten.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most your choices, LeoMarco!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoMarco View Post
    Durarara!! needs a reboot - preferably after the final volume has been released, and continue the story from Volume 4 onwards. That being said, I think another Baccano! series would be awesome, maybe follow one of the other stories for the series.
    Durarara has been well received during its run, and it's popular today so I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been any mention of a second season. I'm confident that there will be an announcement some time after the final volume though- better do it while the series is still hot!

Quote Quote:
    Hitman Reborn! I would love to see the recent arcs animated. Though it may be a little too violent from what it was when the anime aired - the anime missing out a majority of the violence on the first run did not settle with me based on the nature of where the story was going after it's gag-days. (Oh how I miss Reborn! when it was a gag manage).
    If the recent arcs are going to be animated, it will most likely air in the evenings as opposed to its Saturday morning spot. Initially I hoped a different studio will adapt KHR since the art quality has been on and off, but I changed my stance since Artland has done a great job with Mushishi. 26 episodes for the Inheritance Arc seems appropriate imo.

Quote Quote:
    D.Gray-man - When the manga is finished (if it ever finishes, part of me thinks it may end up in indefinite hiatus due to Hoshino's problems - seems like she's struggling even now)
    It would be awesome to have the anime run again, but it seems highly unlikely at this point in time. There has been several hiatuses even after the move to SQ, and the anime will have to add fillers eventually.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Durarara has been well received during its run, and it's popular today so I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been any mention of a second season. I'm confident that there will be an announcement some time after the final volume though- better do it while the series is still hot!
    Is the novel near the finish? I have absolutely no clue how much the story advanced beyond the anime. A new season would be pretty nice but I'm not too sure. Baccano and Durarara seemed more like one season to promote the novels.

That makes me think... was there ever more than one season for a novel? I mean is there a novel which got animated through two seasons?

If the recent arcs are going to be animated, it will most likely air in the evenings as opposed to its Saturday morning spot. Initially I hoped a different studio will adapt KHR since the art quality has been on and off, but I changed my stance since Artland has done a great job with Mushishi. 26 episodes for the Inheritance Arc seems appropriate imo.
    well if you consider how small Artland actually is they did a pretty decent job. I was never disappointed with the anime but on the other hand it didn't have much highlights (the only time I remember is Yamamato vs. Genkishi in the Base).

Not too fond of the stuff that happened after the future Arc but seeing it animated would be a nice thing.

It would be awesome to have the anime run again, but it seems highly unlikely at this point in time. There has been several hiatuses even after the move to SQ, and the anime will have to add fillers eventually.
    Not before 2014, just doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure there will be one as long as Hoshino continues but it's still way too early

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Is the novel near the finish? I have absolutely no clue how much the story advanced beyond the anime. A new season would be pretty nice but I'm not too sure. Baccano and Durarara seemed more like one season to promote the novels.

That makes me think... was there ever more than one season for a novel? I mean is there a novel which got animated through two seasons?
    Apparently the novel is nearing its end. It seems about right since there are currently 11 volumes- that's fairly long for a light novel. LeoMarco said that the anime only went up to Volume 4 so there's A LOT that haven't been covered yet.

Hmm... I can't seem to think of anything at the top of my head. Maybe it's because the releases for light novels are harder to predict than a manga, and the anime writers would have a harder time trying to control the pace.

Quote Quote:
    well if you consider how small Artland actually is they did a pretty decent job. I was never disappointed with the anime but on the other hand it didn't have much highlights (the only time I remember is Yamamato vs. Genkishi in the Base).

Not too fond of the stuff that happened after the future Arc but seeing it animated would be a nice thing.
    Yup. After finding out how small the company was, I couldn't complain anymore. I think they're a studio who would work better with a limited number of episodes. (The Yamamoto vs. Genkishi fight was really well done indeed.)

I agree. I didn't like what happened in the latter arc of the Inheritance arc which is telling because I was a huge fan of Reborn back in the day, but it would be interesting to see what it would feel like animated.

Quote Quote:
    Not before 2014, just doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure there will be one as long as Hoshino continues but it's still way too early
    By 2014 I'm sure there would be a significant gap between where the anime left off and where the manga stands (hopefully). A lot of the voice actors are still active (except for the Earl... RIP) so I'm sure they'll still be happy to reprise their role whenever the anime comes.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeoMarco View Post
    You are right. i really miss that anime . I hoe they'll continue it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would love to see a re-make of yu yu hakusho, that followed the manga exactly with newer animation

talk about epic

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz. God please give me a Gantz remake.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Gantz. God please give me a Gantz remake.
    i heard tha gantz anime was very short, and didnt cover the whole manga

i was going to start reading it but i never got around to, at the time it seemed a bit too serious and i wasnt in the mood to be dedicated to.it

so i didnt want to half ass my way through it

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The remake of Space Battleship Yamato has been so good I was thinking an updated version of Cobra would be awesome.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz is too brutal to ever get a truthful anime adaption Imo. So much done with those weird 3D models, that it might actually work, while still looking like...
    Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They could always do OVA's, like Hellsing Ultimate. For a TV anime, I think the nudity would be a bigger problem then the violence. The violence would have to be toned down a bit, but nothing to drastic.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gotenkss's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

SLAM DUNK
    The best sports manga still does not have complete anime

BLEACH
    Not more of a reboot but more of continuation in the current arc

Flame of Recca
    This one also was left incomplete
    Would you like me to save you?... Just kidding.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach was more a mercy killing than a cancellation. If this really is the last arc I suppose Pierrot could resume the anime when the manga ends, kind of like how Sunrise finished Inuyasha.

MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk
    Lodoss War
    Rurouni Kenshin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really looking forward to Ghost in the Shell: Arise. I'm rewatching Stand Alone Complex right now, and while still a classic, the animation, character design, and soundtrack are pretty dated. The updated character design and more modern animation will be quite welcome. Surprisingly, the original 1995 movie has aged a little better than SAC. I'm curious to see how Arise will compare to other, recent series reboots and remakes. Gundam Unicorn is a masterpiece, maybe the best in the series since the original. The remake of Space Battleship Yamato is a classic in it's own right, one of the best recent anime.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast