Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Which Anime Deserve a Remake or a Reboot?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Animes to deserve a Remake or a Reboot?

fist of the northstar

naruto (mainly a filler free version)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Anime Deserve a Remake or a Reboot?

After re-reading portions of the manga, I'd like to see Season 0 and DM amalgamated to create a rebooted and more faithful version of Yu-Gi-Oh. It's a shame that YGO isn't perceived too fondly because CARD GAMES! and the myriad of spin-offs that keep popping up.

I admit that I'm one of those "elitist, purist fans", but it's hard not to be when the characterization and certain plot elements are significantly changed. The manga featured a variety of other games and was much more darker in tone than its adaptations. Personally I couldn't care less about the card game itself and enjoyed the manga for the characters, the mystery surrounding the Millennium Items and references to Ancient Egypt.

Hopefully if there is a reboot (which I highly doubt because of what the franchise has turned into), it will expand on the relationship between Priest Seto and Kisara that Takahashi couldn't do at the time.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    After re-reading portions of the manga, I'd like to see Season 0 and DM amalgamated to create a rebooted and more faithful version of Yu-Gi-Oh. It's a shame that YGO isn't perceived too fondly because CARD GAMES! and the myriad of spin-offs that keep popping up.

I admit that I'm one of those "elitist, purist fans", but it's hard not to be when the characterization and certain plot elements are significantly changed. The manga featured a variety of other games and was much more darker in tone than its adaptations. Personally I couldn't care less about the card game itself and enjoyed the manga for the characters, the mystery surrounding the Millennium Items and references to Ancient Egypt.

Hopefully if there is a reboot (which I highly doubt because of what the franchise has turned into), it will expand on the relationship between Priest Seto and Kisara that Takahashi couldn't do at the time.
    Now that is interesting. Season 0 was certainly completely different and would be an interesting Anime. Especially the horror theme park of Kaiba or the fight against Zorc/Bakura which was a perfect foreshadowing of the final arc.

The spin-offs... Well GX was between okay and crap. 5Ds was really good. ZeXal was the worst YGO Anime I've ever seen. The characters looked like they came from a kids cartoon show...
    Arc-V is nice to watch till now. Although I get that not everyone likes pendulum summon...

If I'm not wrong YGO transformed into a Manga about Duel Monsters because the Fans liked it very much. By now it is one of the if not the most popular cardgame in the world.

I don't disagree though. The final arc and the "first" arc were the best. Although the Manga itself was a pretty dark Manga about cardgames.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Now that is interesting. Season 0 was certainly completely different and would be an interesting Anime. Especially the horror theme park of Kaiba or the fight against Zorc/Bakura which was a perfect foreshadowing of the final arc.
    It's too bad that certain portions of the Death-T arc was cut/censored in Season 0, but I guess it's understandable that a chainsaw wielding serial killer attempting to murder a teenager and a baby was a little TOO dark.

YGO is considered a late 90s/early 00s series, and it would be interesting to see how it would have been adapted as a more recent anime.

Quote Quote:
    The spin-offs... Well GX was between okay and crap. 5Ds was really good. ZeXal was the worst YGO Anime I've ever seen. The characters looked like they came from a kids cartoon show...
    Arc-V is nice to watch till now. Although I get that not everyone likes pendulum summon...
    The sudden shift from the 5Ds character design to Zexal was jarring. I don't think it would have been as bad if Arc-V was placed in between.

What's neat about YGO spin-offs is that you can watch one without watching the other.

Quote Quote:
    If I'm not wrong YGO transformed into a Manga about Duel Monsters because the Fans liked it very much. By now it is one of the if not the most popular cardgame in the world.

I don't disagree though. The final arc and the "first" arc were the best. Although the Manga itself was a pretty dark Manga about cardgames.
    That's true. Readers were so interested in Duel Monsters that they actually sent letters to Jump.

That's why I hope there will be a spin-off that carries the same essence as the original series.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member perspherspley's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Animes to deserve a Remake or a Reboot ?

Claymore
    Kingdom season 1 and 2
    Rosario Vampire season 1 and 2.
    Slam Dunk
    May Death never stop you.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see what would happen if Serial Experiments Lain was remade today. The Internet wasn't prevalent in the late 1990s as it is today, and I wonder if the themes and concepts that were explored in the anime would be applicable in the 21st century. Perhaps the new incarnation would be a deconstruction of the original 1998 version.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SheepyTurtle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They really need to make the Trigun Maximum manga into an anime to reboot the series! It would be fantastic.

Another one I'd love to see rebooted would probably be Yu Yu Hakusho, just because it has a very fond place in my heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I would like to see what would happen if Serial Experiments Lain was remade today. The Internet wasn't prevalent in the late 1990s as it is today, and I wonder if the themes and concepts that were explored in the anime would be applicable in the 21st century. Perhaps the new incarnation would be a deconstruction of the original 1998 version.

^ It would probably be amazing. I'd like to see the people who are doing Jojo's do the reboot of Lain in this hypothetical situation.
    Last edited by SheepyTurtle; June 25, 2014 at 04:14 PM.
    WARNING! HOLY SHIT DID YOU FEED YOUR NEOPET? IT'S PROBABLY DEAD NOW.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Aku no Hana remade and continued past where it left off in the anime. After learning that the manga was quite different (at least with the aesthetics), I gave it a try and ended up dropping the anime.

Hopefully if there's a second season, they will drop the experimenting that they did. The visual was cool for a short film, but it did not work with the length of a 12/13 episode series.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5