Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

19 76.00%
  • Mediocre

4 16.00%
  • Awful

2 8.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 118 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 118 Spoiler Thread

think about this wy; probably seventy percent of the organization are having heart attacks in fear when they realized they lsot control over thei rsupersoldiers. now not one but three exceptionally powreful, though perhaps not teresa level as i suspected, claymores are running around, and they might as well with not method of reigning them in nor executing them if one awakens. to make thigns all the worse, they are all human, if many disgifured from tehir experiments. that means they cannot sense yoki, as least as far as we know it.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    You're calling it sloppy? Seriously? There were dozens of people there and no one noticed? And MiB should know that Claymores regenerate rather well and the only sure way to kill them is to cut their heads off. And here they've had audacity to blame Raftela for Miria being alive... It means they don't learn and it makes it a miracle they've survived for so long.
    Yep, sloppy. The Org is making mistakes because of their being in a situation that puts them under pressure. This pressure causes them to make mistakes they otherwise would not make. bieng in a rush getting out the door in the morning, and realizing you left your car keys on the nightstand. While it was stupid that no one decided to cut her head off just to be sure, it's not enitrly impossible. Things like that can happen. And while cutting off the head is the best way to be certain, Claymores can die from bieng impaled. Either Noel or Sophia was impaled by two of Prisilla's fingers in the chest, and that was fatal. And an aurgument that the organization does not learn from their mistakes can be made. They keep trying to elimanate the human heart and make warriors that are pure weapons, and it keeps failing. Cumulating in every warrior they had rebbeling.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner melvo 17's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter is out. damn miria is the greatest.
    http://mangastream.com/read/claymore/21030231/30

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading this chapter, I think I believe I'll be mourning my Lady for a second time. Yagi sure knows how to yank the heart of your chest. Even, if the event still has not occurred, he does make the possibility a high probability. I believe she'll have a very difficult with this, unlike Clare and Deneve who have never feared the process. In fact, both have relied on the technique and have used it to stay alive in perilous situations (Pieta War and Isley encounter).

Yagi has thrown us the proverbial bone in saving the anti-warrior warrior. Without questions, the action scenes are fast paced and intense. However, I do prefer when Yagi indulges us with a character's self awareness and realization. It provides a reasoning, often quite emotional and heart felt, to the story's developments.

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definite crowning moment of heartwarming when the trainees start hugging Rafetela. I have to wonder about Nina's status though. I didn't see anything that didn't look like it came from the arms or legs, but their were a lot of bits. So we'll see if she's dead or not. Honestly I think that Cassandra is the most dangerous, because unlike Hysteria or Roxxanne, she doesn't toy with her opponent. Another thing I noticed. Look at how when she cuts, she cuts off two pieces. I wonder if that's going to be important. Perhaps an exploitable action in her techique? Actually what Miria's trying reminds me of is the quicksword, a sudden release of maximum Yoki. And she seems to have put some fear into Roxy. I still wonder how much longer until Deneve's group arrives.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Miria is triying to emulate Clare in the North battle, she knows there is a possibility that she can come back after releasing her youki beyond her limits. Definitely Raftela´s scene is really touching, I do not know but Yagi focus this kind of scenes in a sensitive way and different to other shounen mangas that makes them really nice to read them. I liked a lot this chapter.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore 118 Spoiler Thread

Such an interesting chapter although a bit disappointed cause I thought Deneve's group would arrive but meh. Still an awesome chapter. I really feel sorry for Nina, Rachel and especially Audrey. They have no hopes of defeating Cassandra. Cassandra was a startled when her attacks are averted meaning shes not good in yoki sensing and maybe Audrey's group would still be salvage if Roxanne wouldnt hinder.

About Raftela although despite receiving anti-warrior training she shows that claymores human side would always prevail. The trainees are trying to help her recover her injuries, I really hope they can.

As I said in regards of Miria the event that occurred before just foreshadow her demise. She would eventually awaken if not be killed instantly by Hysteria. Hysteria is kind of like Roxanne the only difference is that Roxanne is rather generous while Hysteria is not but their both sinister. If Miria would awaken and damage Hysteria to an extent, maybe Hysteria would also awaken. Double the trouble. Oh well guess I have to wait another month long but its really worth it.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    my comments

1. Cassandra is brutal, no wonder she doesn't like others seeing her "Dust Eater", hehe. Disable them helpless and then to kill them. Cassandra indeed can attack multiple times slicing up her opponents from her "Dust Eater". Her "Dust Eater" attacks are extremely fast and can reach some distance too (or she somehow is moving quickly over to her targets, lol).

2. Roxanne didn't "acquire" Cassandra's "Dust Eater".

3. Is Nina dead ??, as she's kinda in a bunch of pieces like Rigardo was from Clare, hehe

4. Raftela is alive and keeping Audrey alive so far...

5. Roxanne is surveying... what about the TAITs.... weren't they trying to Re-Attach and/or Regenerate in the last chapter... ???

6. Is Roxanne going to go after Raki+Raftela+Trainees ???

7. It seems at least those two Trainees are trying to do Supportive Healing/Regeneration upon Raftela.

8. Raftela can do the same (weak) Yoki Manipulation as seen by Galatea against Dauf so long ago, according to Roxanne anyways. As Roxanne doesn't say that Raftela is messing up Cassandra's mind or senses, in this case of trying to save Audrey from Cassandra.

9. Hmm... is Raftela the oldest female Claymore, being the only rank 10, as in that she's the only one to undergo "Anti-Claymore" combat training ???

10. we learn more about how the PS works: Miria instantly does a near 80% YR Burst of Yoki.

11. now Miria is for the first time, trying to do a YR Burst larger than 80% YR, and in that tiny moment of Yoki Burst, she's moving at an Awakened's speed level, which exceeds even Hysteria's speed of her ES, though Miria's "Awakened's Speed Step" is completely unchangeable in direction, Miria can only go straight.

12. I'm guessing that Miria is referencing that she's been learning to control her Yoki better during her 7 years in Alphonse, which is how she (and the other Ghosts) could do their capabilities while at no YR.

And so, Miria's going to use her "Awakened Speed Step" to push Hysteria to her limit (80% YR), making it a contest of who can control/resist the Yoki better... which is already known to be in Miria's favor, hehe.

-I still wish we could see Miria's partial or full Awakening though... sighs unhappily...

13. Does Roxanne have a 3rd eye within her mouth ???

14. I think Miria is going to pwn Hysteria now... I don't think Miria is undergoing sustainable partial Awakening like we seen with Clare yet... yes, it is a bit more like the Quick Sword, in that she seems to be able to control it somewhat... Miria's face was shown Luciela-Awakened-like hehe, and also she does seem to be close to undergoing partial/full Awakening, as her face seems to be peeling off... unless those are just cuts on her face... so, maybe Miria might partial or fully Awaken yet... we'll see.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; September 02, 2011 at 02:06 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fê - forever alone's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 118 Disc/119 Pred Thread

I’ll be honest: when I first saw Raftela alive, I almost had a hater breakdown crisis. Dam* Yagi, you rap* everybody, but can’t kill anyone!? Come on, man?! Now the org. looks so noob, since they’ve done almost the same thing before with Miria.

But, not checking out Miria’s death is quite understandable, the state of her body and the situation were kind of different and much more intense, but Raftela’s? She was right in front of them, all of them!!! Even my crazy grandma knows that the Best way to kill a claymore/youma/AB is cutting their heads off.

And they, as their creators, must know that, right? I know that many claymores have died by similar wounds that were inflicted on Raftela (btw, she’s prettier than before, lol), but even so... She was alone and surrounded by them, and no one had the guts to check her pulse? AGAIN?! Seriously, LOL!

Ok, ok. I understand they are in a desperate situation that makes them take a lot of attitudes without considering the consequences, and the main thing to do now is to get rid of the rebels as soon as possible. I’ll just consider that if it were another situation, this mistake wouldn’t have happened.

And of course, I also know that the org. is always making mistakes with almost all of their experiments, and complaining only about this one is kind of strange for me, lol.
    -
    Now that this is out of my chest, I’m able to conclude that her turning back has it’s relevance. She might be the one to mess up Hysteria’s mind, which can help Miria survive, she might help Miria maintain her human mind, she might confuse Cassandra’s mind or whatever I can imagine some good stuff for her to do, though in the end, I guess Rox will get rid of her, lol.

But I think her return is more poetical (or is it poetic?! T___T) than just for the plot sake. I hope that someone – besides me – had noticed the sweet irony with Raftela and Miria.

While one is giving up of her life in order to feel more human, to feel human at least once, the other is giving up her humanity in order to keep her life. It’s beautiful.

More beautiful than that is Hysteria. Good God, who is this woman!? She is a diva, almost robbed my heart from my beloved Miria, lol.

Only Miria to steal the spotlight. Go Miria, go. Fight for me! I mean, fight for us, for everyone, like you always did, lol.

And Yagi, don’t you dare kill her again, and don't you dare kill Hysteria without giving us some good flashbacks. Don’t you dare!!!

Yeah, I’m Miria’s lover, but I know she’s in deep shi*. She’s almost awakening and Hysteria seems to be still playing. Well, I won’t think too much about it, though I don’t want my Miria to die, I don’t want my new crush Hysteria to die either. My heart won’t take it, I’m meant it, lol.
    -
    Well, after my hater crisis was gone, I could appreciate this chapter. It had what Claymore has the best. It was very poetical, violent, intense and beautiful/touching. Just love it.

(My English, my dam* English, I’ll work more on it, I promise!)

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a very good chapter but I got very excited when Cassandras yoki was manipulated because I thought Galatea was gonna show up.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I made quite a mistake translating the title of this chapter.
    Originally I had "The Staff's Life or Death Struggle", but the rule "If it doesn't make sense, it's probably wrong" is a good one. Apparently, "S(u)taf(u)" is the name of the area where the org's headquarters are, so the title should be "The Life and Death Struggle at Staff/Sutafu".
    Not quite sure how this name had been translated in the past (not that consistency matters all that much anyway).

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MizzouBeardedRunR's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I did enjoy the chapter very much. I'm glad the backup didn't show yet. We all know whats gonna happen when they arrive.

1. Miria - I'm sure this will parallel pieta. As she uses this technique she'll get a better grasp of how to control it. If all fails #10 will step in to pull her back I'm sure. Would be awesome if while she is past her limit for that brief second we get to see a awakened body that reverts back to her 80%? human-esq form. Kind of what happens to Clair now when she awakens.

2. Roxanne - I can bet she'll go for Raki and the others. She seemed very interested in what was going on in the mtns. If she does proceed to try and find Rafutela and steal her ability *sylar* I wonder who could stop her. Maybe Rafutela has some awesome ability aside from Yoki manipulation. I hope so, she's my new fav. I really hope she lives.

3. Cassandra - Well she's pretty much defeated IMO. Nothings going to hit, I wonder if #10 will bring up some memories from her past to make her remember who really killed her. I want Cassandra to kick Roxanne's ........

4. Clair/ Pri - You know I bet ..mark my words... They will have all of the claymores with the ability to read/manipulate yoki gather around the blob (hold hands) and pull Clair out.

5. Where the jigoku did the Zombies go?!?!

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizzouBeardedRunR View Post
    5. Where the jigoku did the Zombies go?!?!
    I've been wondering about that too. The three mowed down everyone in their original attack, but we know at least that they didn't end up killing the single-digit Claymores. For all we know they might not have killed any of them. (According to one unnamed warrior, that would mean they let them live on purpose, wouldn't it?). However, they must have also mowed down the AE, and inspite of their immense regeneration ability, the AE are all dead? That does seem very strange.

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    I made quite a mistake translating the title of this chapter.
    Originally I had "The Staff's Life or Death Struggle", but the rule "If it doesn't make sense, it's probably wrong" is a good one. Apparently, "S(u)taf(u)" is the name of the area where the org's headquarters are, so the title should be "The Life and Death Struggle at Staff/Sutafu".
    Not quite sure how this name had been translated in the past (not that consistency matters all that much anyway).
    Yeah, Staff/Sutafu is the name of the lands where the Org has their HQ. Besides the first thing that popped into my head when I read "The Staff's Life or Death Struggle" Is that the chapter would be Raki beating on members of the Org. Well we did get a little bit of that, LOL. As for if the weaker Claymore's survived the intial attack by the three, it depends a bit. Both Hysteria and Roxanne are the sort who like to play with their victims from what I've seen, and Cassandra is not someone who kills cleanly. Also, do they still feel any lingering comaraderie with their fellow warriors? Assuming they ever felt any to begin with? If so they may have held back subconscusly.

29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast