Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 347 Discussion/348 Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 347 Discussion/348 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Just joking about Reika, she has gotten more points than anymore in the team. I just think it would be cool if Oku did a front cover of her in a nurse outfit. XD edit In colour of course XD
    *facepalm* Of course...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Well, that chickens power is extreme as well. I mean if these alien animals can do that, how are the giants able to rule over them.
    Did they make a vaccination shot for themselves? Anyway, the suit being so vulnerable to these kinds of things sucks.
    Maybe the ghetto's somehow sealed off from the rest of the ship?
    But if that Mega-giant they saw really was an infected giant, they probably don't have much control over them.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkFoxTeam's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow im all late i just read the chapters and i must say i was surprised to see Sekine die so soon T_T like he said...they are in hell...i was hoping that no new characters would die this early but i suppose it was inevitable this is Gantz were talking about here. Though judging from how easy those balls can get into humans it seems like the Gantzers are going to have an extremely difficult time with this. Does anyone have any theories on how the Gantz team will fight back against these balls? and is anyone else curious in wondering whether the 2 children are controlling them also i though Gantz suits were immune to damage with the sword o_0?

This Chapter really makes you think lot about whats going on and whats going to happen later cause it certainly gave me a lot of think about lol
    Hello fellow Gantzers their is a Facebook campaign to convince Gonzo or Madhouse to continue the Gantz anime series please come and like the page called Operation Countdown: Gantz Anime Revival Project and post up opinions, artwork, AMVs, Manga Chapters, ect

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is my theory on why this city was made for human sized creatures, The alien with Kei one calls him an insect even though on an earlier chapter he showed her he has advanced technology so I think to the giants the concept of insects with technology is not strange to them, in fact she never even questions how he has such advanced technology the only thing which she doesn't have a reply to was when he said he loves a girl, insects not being sentient probably can't have such emotions, also as shown in an earlier chapter this hunting ground seems to be located under the main city which is were you find insect colonies under the ground.

I think these "spores" are probably some kind of highly advanced ant poison the giants infect a few drones (such as the chicken or the slug) then they spread the infection to the entire colony, this is why the entire city seems to be destroyed, the highly advanced insects which built the city were probably wiped out or are the praying mantises seen on this chapter but being none-sentient they are probably incapable of reason or can only make logic based decisions.

I could even further theories saying that the Insects could be linked to Gantz being hacked but I find this highly doubtful since similar bomber bugs were seen in an earlier chapter if I remember correctly.

Of course there is a high chance this is completely wrong but it never hurts to share a theory or two.
    Last edited by Cernz; September 13, 2011 at 03:47 AM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back georgemarvin. You'd been away so long I thought you were gone for good. Any idea exactly how long it's been?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I was beginning to think that he never existed in the first place.

Anyway whatever this thing is it has to be one of the worst ways to die, the pain must be excruciating and probably continues for quite some time. If I was infected I'd probably ask to be flattened by the H gun rather than go through that.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner spunkyparrot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet in the next chapter Oku will show us that there is more to these balls of light than just making its target multiply its body parts, clothes, and such. Maybe when the Gantz team start shooting at the mutated bastards, more balls of light may come out to infect other people. Maybe the balls of light will explode if a bullet goes through them. Or maybe these balls of light are actually the souls of all the other humans killed before and they start talking and SYMBOLISM!...well I'm getting a little to carried away here.

Anywho, does anyone else notice that the mutated Sekine STILL HAS HIS GUN on page 23!!!

I wonder if the monster Sekine is actually going to shoot the gantz team with that. That would be awesome!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone notice Sekine looks bigger than the others?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkFoxTeam's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    ^ I was beginning to think that he never existed in the first place.

Anyway whatever this thing is it has to be one of the worst ways to die, the pain must be excruciating and probably continues for quite some time. If I was infected I'd probably ask to be flattened by the H gun rather than go through that.
    God damn having to be shot by the H-Gun is just hardcore though i guess your right having to go through what Sekine did would be a LOT worse xD

Though i wonder why cutting off his arm didnt work, i mean thats were the balls had moved?
    Hello fellow Gantzers their is a Facebook campaign to convince Gonzo or Madhouse to continue the Gantz anime series please come and like the page called Operation Countdown: Gantz Anime Revival Project and post up opinions, artwork, AMVs, Manga Chapters, ect

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    We have to see first it's really "light" or somekind of spore that emanates light.

But i think his powers could have an effect on this thing, we don't know the limits of his power. His powers can pass through flesh and the gantz suit with no problems too...
    lol! I'm going to go ahead and say that you must be a HUGE Cherry fan. I know his powers can pass through gantz suit and flesh as well but that's not really relevant to the point I was trying to make.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    lol! I'm going to go ahead and say that you must be a HUGE Cherry fan. I know his powers can pass through gantz suit and flesh as well but that's not really relevant to the point I was trying to make.
    Well, Bravo you got me.

We don't know what these balls are made of but you go ahead and say "they are only light, period, inmaterial and instant death".

Can't say the guy who stopped lightning with his mind and killed dozens of giants in a second might be able to stop this without sounding a Cherry Fan, a HUEG Cherry fan, right?

We don't know the extent of Sakurai's powers at this point and even worst we don't know the nature of the balls. But we do know team will get this through only to find a worst scenario later in the manga.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; September 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    ^
    Don't forget Cherry can control things man, look at the chapters of him when he was learning. The twirling flame, the coffee & the eraser. This 'Light' is still a bubble like object with a core in the middle, it moves around and creates reaction when into flesh...Cherry could make them explode if not then he still could move the 'light bubbles' if he focused.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kenshi's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    ^
    ^
    Don't forget Cherry can control things man, look at the chapters of him when he was learning. The twirling flame, the coffee & the eraser. This 'Light' is still a bubble like object with a core in the middle, it moves around and creates reaction when into flesh...Cherry could make them explode if not then he still could move the 'light bubbles' if he focused.
    That's right. Since Sakurai can evel control the flames, he would be able to control those bubbles or explode them as you said. But I'm still wondering about Sekine, why cutting off his arm didnt work?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its something to do with the blood or/and it enter from his back. The way it was shaking inside his arm, kinda made me think it is a thing that just came out of a egg.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kenshi: It entered his back first. The more important question is why did it show up in his arms first!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Anyone notice Sekine looks bigger than the others?
    He should be.

The same happened to other people who have been mutated by the light spores.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast