Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 347 Discussion/348 Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 347 Discussion/348 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    @Kenshi: It entered his back first. The more important question is why did it show up in his arms first!
    With the other guy it went into his shoulder first, and went down his arm before getting back to his head.
    I guess the lights just wander the body at random.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they spread all over and just sort of 'pop up' randomly. Guess it doesn't matter. Once they're in you you're fucked. Hopefully they'll put in a better effort to dodge them next time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, could be they dissolve and expand on contact.
    Kind of hard to tell how fast the lights move, but they do seem to cover an area pretty quickly when they're first released. Not sure if the team would have better luck crawling, or taking a chance sprinting.

Not much comfort knowing fighting back might just fill the place with more lights either.
    Last edited by York; September 14, 2011 at 09:39 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kenshi: It entered his back first. The more important question is why did it show up in his arms first!
    It entered the back, sent a decoy to the arm while the real thing was heading for the head. Like that one gantzer said, once it touches you your dead.

The balls of light are like the first stage of a bot fly, once it finds a host it digs in. I agree with Cernz theory about these insects and why the giants are calling humans insects.

This is kind of like the zoo chapter Oku is showing us that the giants have an interest in alien species and have a lust lust for violence that is as bad if not worse than humans and the bigwigs who bet on ganzt for sport. He is just drawing parallels and showing us that greed and stupidity are concepts that go beyond humans.
    Devour this Manga

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    This is kind of like the zoo chapter Oku is showing us that the giants have an interest in alien species and have a lust lust for violence that is as bad if not worse than humans and the bigwigs who bet on ganzt for sport. He is just drawing parallels and showing us that greed and stupidity are concepts that go beyond humans.
    This whole scenario is to show the readers how "violent", "cruel" and "savage" are the humans towards the inferior species. The giants being the humans and the humans being any other species that is screwed up by humanity on a daily basis.

They have meat factories, they exhibit us in zoos, they even send us to fight another little creatures (to them of course) like in those japanese bug fights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvhoM...eature=related

I don't see any other creatures around butchering other species the same way the giants do other than the humans. That being said i don't think Oku is trying to show this goes "beyond" humans but instead "Are you shocked? This is what our species do in daily basis to other species!"

Sure, they look like us but that means nothing to them, we are bugs...nothing more.

Oh...and i think the gamblers are worst than the giants since they are human beings playing with the life of other humans. We have morals, we have laws and they s**t on every single one of them.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; September 15, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ecuador
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    yeah but i don´t care about that i don´t read Gantz to be educated i read Gantz to be entertain! Oku is trying to shove morals down our throat! and i´m getting annoy -_-
    20 plus chapters on this "final phase" and nothing really is going on! people dying our protagonist doing almost nothing and almost no action...i´m still reading just to see how it end this story! i want it to end already! -_-

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Sure, they look like us but that means nothing to them, we are bugs...nothing more.
    Humans as little more than animals is definately their mindset.
    But it's admittedly harder to draw parallels between them and human treatment of other species ever since Giants have shown that they know that humans have some levels of intelligence.
    Quote Quote:
    Oh...and i think the gamblers are worst than the giants since they are human beings playing with the life of other humans. We have morals, we have laws and they s**t on every single one of them.
    And maybe I missed something, but didn't Sebastian's whole reveal kind of make the "People just use Gantzers for sport" explanation a sham?

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    Humans as little more than animals is definately their mindset.
    But it's admittedly harder to draw parallels between them and human treatment of other species ever since Giants have shown that they know that humans have some levels of intelligence.
    And maybe I missed something, but didn't Sebastian's whole reveal kind of make the "People just use Gantzers for sport" explanation a sham?
    Intelligence means nothing to them, they still treat the human race overall like they were simple animals. The Gantz Hunters are probaly changing their minds though...but if it wasn't for them and their alien tech, we'll be just bugs in their eyes.

But really, Giants just treat us as we treat other animals. Intelligence is just an excuse...we'll probably eat the damn smurfs if they existed.

-----

No, not really.

I guess we could say it's "open to interpretation" since Sebastian said a lot of nonsense in the chapter next to the reveal of the fat lady. But by no means it has been confirmed the explanation was false.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

On Cherry vs these spores I would say that Cherry could protect himself from these spores even if they are none-physical since Sakata was able to block out Nurarihyon powers for a few seconds and his attacks were defiantly psychic based so it would seem psychic powers can block out anything including other psychic attacks.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Intelligence means nothing to them, they still treat the human race overall like they were simple animals. The Gantz Hunters are probaly changing their minds though...but if it wasn't for them and their alien tech, we'll be just bugs in their eyes.

But really, Giants just treat us as we treat other animals. Intelligence is just an excuse...we'll probably eat the damn smurfs if they existed.
    It'd be like us finding a race that was set back in the Middle Ages wouldn't it?
    I'd like to think that we've progressed to the point that if we found a primitive species we were easily capable of communicating with, "Let's Kill/Eat Em." wouldn't be our first response. Maybe I'm giving us too much credit?

I'm suddenly reminded of settler's early treatment of Native Americans..

Quote Quote:
    I guess we could say it's "open to interpretation" since Sebastian said a lot of nonsense in the chapter next to the reveal of the fat lady. But by no means it has been confirmed the explanation was false.
    But it's hard to say if the Zaibatsu Big Wigs were the ones betting, or just how much the old German CEO knew. Did Sebastian directly work for him, or did the old man think he was just a simple translator? If they all knew about the invasion beforehand, why treat the hunts as a game rather than prepping an army? Maybe the Big Wigs found out on their own, and prepared by hacking the balls independent of Gantz Co? Was the man inside Gantz simply a normal human from the company then?

Sorry, I digress. lol
    Guess there's really not enough info at this point.
    Last edited by York; September 16, 2011 at 08:31 AM.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be like us finding a race that was set back in the Middle Ages wouldn't it?
    I'd like to think that we've progressed to the point that if we found a primitive species we were easily capable of communicating with, "Let's Kill/Eat Em." wouldn't be our first response. Maybe I'm giving us too much credit?

I'm suddenly reminded of settler's early treatment of Native Americans..
    I think we are civilized enough to not eat and stomp lifeforms so similar to us in both looks and intelligence (i'm just joking about the smurf thing lol)...but the point (i think) Oku is trying to make is to show how harsh humanity is against inferior lifeforms?

The giants have higher standards when it comes to establish a peaceful relationship with another inteligent civilizations? and like i said in an older post, they treat us as we treat pigs, chickens, bugs...etc. They've seen our buildings, they've seen we look like them...but what they think when they eat us is not "oh god i am eating a person" is "they taste like triffids".

But it's hard to say if the Zaibatsu Big Wigs were the ones betting, or just how much the old German CEO knew. Did Sebastian directly work for him, or did the old man think he was just a simple translator? If they all knew about the invasion beforehand, why treat the hunts as a game rather than prepping an army? Maybe the Big Wigs found out on their own, and prepared by hacking the balls independent of Gantz Co? Was the man inside Gantz simply a normal human from the company then?

Sorry, I digress. lol
    Guess there's really not enough info at this point.
    I don't know about the Zaibatsu guys, we need more info about them...but the Old Man and Sebastian are definetly conected.

I doubt a simple Otaku could arrange a meeting with a man so powerful as Heinz. When Sebastian and Kikuchi meet for the last time he said the exact same things Inaba said before the Rome Mission:

http://www.mangareader.net/97-1464-1...apter-302.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/97-1452-8...apter-290.html

He asked too the same question about god Nuri asked to kato, then people started dying, planes started crashing and lastly he was transfered...he has somekind of supernatural ability and the transfer makes him related to the black balls.

I think Sebastian was just playing with Kikuchi like he wanted to see how he would react to the "truth". I believe Sebastian is an important member of the German Company, but that's just me.

Maybe human salvation is not in their plans? They are very selfish or have another plans for the alien invasion...maybe there is a higher scheme behind the fat lady. Gantz was a game and this is probably another game for them, they obviously knew something terribad was going to happen otherwise the timer wouldn't be there and "Catastrophe" wouldn't be the command word.

I believe he was saying the truth...

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter to me was pretty much, eh. Lately plot development in leads to 3 things.
    1.the misadventures of tae-chan.
    2. stupidity of humanity( seriously, most of all this wouldn't have happen if it wasn't for stupidity)
    3. what's new Nishi and Cherry?

I don't know, to me Gantz lost it's magic when the Oni mission ended. I'm pretty reading gantz because I want to see it end despite the stupidity giving me massive rage. I just want to have a chapter where there's a confrontation without humans causing it through stupidity, or team tokyo confronting the giants again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

The plot development is "oh shit the aliens have been fucking us all along". It's looking more and more like the Gantzer's have no hope of winning.

Currently Tokyo has:

No Gantz.
    No map.
    No intelligence.

Aliens have:
    Gantz.
    Super advanced DNA tracking system!!
    Bubble aliens.
    Superior warriors
    Superior numbers

The only thing Tokyo has going for it is Cherry, and he's half dead as it is.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling that somehow Nishi would come strolling later on when the Gantz team are in worse trouble than they already are and start kicking ass. Nishi doesn't like to tell "the whole thing" from what I've seen and likes to keep as much info hidden away as possible. i just get the feeling Nishi is hiding some heavy duty weapons somewhere just in case if not a fully operational ball for emergencies.
    either that, or he just gets killed off easily after putting up a pathetic attempt at a fight to the point where he'll seem lame and his death would be lols and was over-hyped for nothing.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

^

The plot development is "oh shit the aliens have been fucking us all along". It's looking more and more like the Gantzer's have no hope of winning.

Currently Tokyo has:

No Gantz.
    No map.
    No intelligence.

Aliens have:
    Gantz.
    Super advanced DNA tracking system!!
    Bubble aliens.
    Superior warriors
    Superior numbers

The only thing Tokyo has going for it is Cherry, and he's half dead as it is.
    I was thinking about this a little while ago about how the gantzers are in a huge mess and how the their suit has been reduced to almost nothing.
    Then I thought that since this is the final arc, Oku has to push down humanity's only available resistance by turning over the Gantz system or making it almost useless. Which is what we currently have.

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast