Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enel vs Kizaru

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Enel vs Kizaru

This has been gnawing at my mind ever since i re-watched the skypiea arc.who would win in a battle between enel and kizaru considering they can both move at the speed of light and both have at least one type of haki.which fruit is superior?
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Enel vs Kizaru

Kuzaru would mop the floor with enel IMO. Not even much of a chance for enel to put up a fight. Enel's actual physical capabilities are not all that great as luffy was actually able to keep up. heck, in terms of sheer strength it kinda seemed like luffy was kinda the better one. In turn, kizaru does not need his fruit to be insanely fast, he was even able to match a powerful non fruit user swordsman like raileigh. More so, kizaru is a confirmed haki user meaning that his attacks can and will trash enel. Enel is vastly outclassed IMO, he won't have a chance. If enel had the caliber of an admiral, there is no way a measly rubberman would have been much of a threat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with kkck for the most part. Even though Kizaru (I don't think) has shown any clear signs of color of observation haki, in a battle between two logias, his color of armament haki will give him an instant upper hand in the battle. If I had to guess though, I'd say Kizaru IS able to use CoO haki based on chapter 507, pages 14 and 15 (though other conclusions could be drawn to how and why he knew to let the bullets pass him or knowing someone was shooting him from behind etc.) I'm also assuming that he can use CoA haki based on how he along with the other two admirals were able to block Whitebeard's quake attack during the war (chapter 564, page 10). Anyways, since Enel only has manthra aka CoO haki and not CoA haki, he has no way of dealing any damage to Kizaru even if he could predict Kizaru's movements and keep up with him. Still it'd be a fun fight to watch.... supposedly Enel was going to show up in the new world sometime in the future?

P.S. Though a minor thing, this thread should probably be in the One Piece Playground > Davy Back Fight section I think.
    Last edited by Anduren; August 09, 2011 at 07:59 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

While both kkck and anduren have made the very relevant point about Kizarus COA haki giving him an upper hand, I still think Enel's fruit is superior to kizaru's in the logia order à la akainu and ace.therefore even without COA, Enel may still have the upper hand if lightning trumps light and completely obliterate kizaru

p.s request to any mod to move this if its in the wrong place
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Epic_Rider's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    While both kkck and anduren have made the very relevant point about Kizarus COA haki giving him an upper hand, I still think Enel's fruit is superior to kizaru's in the logia order à la akainu and ace.therefore even without COA, Enel may still have the upper hand if lightning trumps light and completely obliterate kizaru

p.s request to any mod to move this if its in the wrong place
    I don't think lightning is superior to light, you know...

Anyway, I agree with kkck, Kizaru takes this easily. Not only does he have CoO like Enel, but he has CoA, which gives him an automatic advantage against Enel, who as we saw, nearly went to pieces when Luffy was able to hit him. Not only that, he's outclassed in combat experience as well.

The virtue of a journey rarely lies in its destination. What man is so closed to thought that he will not be brought to wonder whether it is he who moves, or the world.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought it was stated somewhere that to be a VA you need to have haki?If so then an admiral must have haki as well.O.o

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

enel can't move at the speed of light

electricity doesn't move at the speed of light

also enel doesn't use his electrical powers to move around the atmosphere, he requires conductive surfaces, that's why he fought on his ark. i imagine moving through air is pretty hard, which is why u require such a high voltages before electrons can be discharged from clouds int he form of lightning to overcome aerial resistance

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true I didn't really take into account the "elemental" relationship of light vs. electricity . And technically, as hyper_megaman said, electron base velocity is about 1/10th the speed of light. However, when excited with photons, electrons can gain energy and increase in velocity/momentum. So in effect, Kizaru's ability will be amplifying Enel's ability (at least in speed).

The difference is that light aka photons are pure energy (supposedly with no mass/momentum) but electricity is charged particles (ideally electrons) with an electrical potential and mass/momentum. However, we saw by Kizaru's own words, that "speed is weight" so he can put momentum behind his light speed which takes away any physical advantage Enel may have over Kizaru. As far as electromagnetism goes, it cannot affect light. From what has been observed, only gravity affects light (gravitational lensing etc.)

If I had to guess though, I'd say that the relationship between Light and Lightning is the same as Cloud/Smoke and Flame... light can be a product of lightning the same way smoke can be a product of flames. So it's a draw as far as element vs element goes.

Though a bit off-topic I wanted to explain the situation between Ace and Akainu too. There was a good physical reason why magma was greater than flame. Basically flame requires air (as a fuel in a chemical reaction) to burn whereas magma is a semi-fluid/solid form of packed heat. So by snuffing out the air that burns the flame, Akainu's magma was able to burn Ace's body through conduction of heat.
    Last edited by Anduren; August 10, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

if electron movement were at the speed of light or anywhere close, we'd have died and have our solar system crushed into a black hole the very first moment electricity flowed

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Enel is stronger than everyone's giving credit to him for, the only reason he lost to Luffy was because of the natural weakness thing, it was as if Luffy was using CoA on him. Just because he met his natural nemesis (in an earlier arc where Luffy was weaker) doesn't mean that his actual fighting strength was low. No one else on that island could come close to touching him

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ecuador
    Post Thanks / Like

Before time skip Kizaru would crush Enel like a toothpick thanks to advantages in experience, broader haki skills and probably physical strength too. That was before ts, i wonder if how Enel improved in the meantime. He promised comeback after all, and it won't be Enel if comeback isn't worthy of a god.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This would be a pretty cool match up. I think Kizaru would win, but if Kizaru didn't have haki then I would have said Enel.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I think tournaments here wouldn't be such a bad idea. I would say that Kizaru, but only based on his experience. Oda stated that Enel would worth 500 million belli and I doubt Kizaru is not enough to deal with someone at that "level" (To say something, I don't believe in power levels in OP) and it's an admiral...One of the top of the top heads of the government.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

People should visit davy back fight session more! we don't see this much replies in the hypothetical bouts presented there....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    People should visit davy back fight session more! we don't see this much replies in the hypothetical bouts presented there....
    Thing is that sub-forums ALWAYS make a decrease of activity.

It's one of those truths about Internet I found a long ago among other kind of resourceful stuff. Anyway, if you guys have any idea to increase the activity there, let us know!
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast