Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Which Masters are the best at raising a disciple?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Masters are the best at raising a disciple?

What aspects at raising disciples are they best? which are the best overall?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Masters are the best at raising a disciple?

Well, there are plenty of masters who are good for a number of reasons.... to name a few:

akisame: He is the mastermind behind kenichi's training. He made kenichi into a talentless tank with muscles with strength and stamina which he coordinated with kenichi getting insane inner strength. He is perhaps the sole reason kenichi got to this point.

Akira: Sakaki said it all. He has a nack for figuring out his pupils strength and explaining things clearly.

The elder: He has not much of a teaching role at large but in turn every time he has trained kenichi the kid got extraordinary power boosts. Seikuken, ryusui seikuken, kuroi nuki... he is responsible for kenichi's best techniques.

hajime: figured out sakaki and hongo could improve their fighting style significantly from changing their stances.

Obviously all masters in ryozampaku (except apachai lol) and yami have a knack in some form for teaching but IMO these are the guys that stand out at large.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you covered Ryouzanpaku, I'll cover some of Yami:

- From what I can tell Agaard is an excellent teacher. From that pic, it seems Agaard is raising Koukin to have strong reasoning skills, instilling discipline and strengthening Koukin's heart.

- The One Shadow appears also to be an good teacher, which IMO is evident in his students strength. Kajima has a strong heart, apparently second only to Koukin, he's fast enough to catch up to a motorcycle in an instant, and can destroy it instantly too. He does extreme training, like it's just a game. Being the new leader of Yomi, there most be something special about the way he was raised.

- Kensei, is good at certain aspects of raising a disciple. It seems he can raise disciple to be very strong very quickly, but that's not without it's flaws.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much thought of everyone when I wrote my post but only commented on those who seem exceptional for specific reasons, I didn't mean to cover for ryozampaku only (nor did I). All of the one shadow nine fists have raised exceptional disciples, not a single one of them has been weak in any way. In that regard it is quite evident that all of the yami masters are in fact good teachers. I do feel that the ones I mentioned particularly stand out either because of what we have seen (such as making someone with no aptitude towards fighting a fighter) or what the manga has stated (akira or hajime).

Kensei is an interesting case although he is kinda murky. In most cases it is the masters priority to raise their disciple into a master class fighter but in kensei's case that hardly seems to be the case. Take ryuto, kensei was excited at the prospect of ryuto using a technique that was certain to destroy him. He trained rimi but he did so in such a fashion that only 1 skill would be developed. Seeing ryuto, it is quite evident kensei did a good job raising him in general so kensei at least does have the capacity to raise a disciple as well as other yami members without the need of trainings which only bring out one skills. Perhaps what is most accurate about kensei is that he is indeed capable of raising a disciple but he is also more than willing and able to experiment and dispose of them meaning that his attitude towards disciples is worst among all masters.

New Reply