Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 28 Discussion | Ch. 29 Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 28 Discussion | Ch. 29 Prediction

Moderator message by: Earthforge

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Ao no Exorcist!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show
    Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

i don't know if i post it here, buuuut, Ao no Exorcist 28 raw: http://www.filesonic.com/file/1836955274

Moderator message by: Earthforge
    Chapter scanlation is out! Discuss!
    Last edited by earthforge; September 15, 2011 at 09:31 PM.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 28 Spoiler Thread

Pay up, Anya, I was right. Yukio is falling towards to the dark side, and it's because of resentment towards Shiro and/or Rin. From the raw, it looks like Yukio is resentful that he sacrificed his childhood to learn to destroy demons while Rin was the carefree child that he could have been. So he blames Rin, because he decided to learn to be an exorcist because of Rin.

Poor Yukio lost the moment he looked about to cry. I hereby designate his theme song "In the Presence of Enemies".

Anyways, wonder why the Impure King looks like a fortress literally. Didn't see that coming. And KUROOOO! <3
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I just readed the first chapter, but seems to be a good series. I posted this one to help other fans =)) When I get here in this chapter, i'll come to comment about it xD
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hangedman's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

chinese scan here

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/2...gh-translation <--Translation of Chinese Scans by stepyip35

Spoiler show

Translation of Chinese Scans by stepyip35

@earthforge: What do you mean he lost the moment he was about to cry? Where did it show that?
    Last edited by sakura_fai; September 06, 2011 at 10:54 PM.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo! MH is back!

Erp, it didn't show it, but after Toudou said "that is why you already have nothing left", he looked like Rin when Rin is torn up about something (e.g. when Rin was thinking "what would happen if they knew I was the son of Satan" in chapter 12).

Posted it on MF, but reposting it here:

The way how Toudou's mental assault is going seems to be:
    1. You have nothing left, since your brother is effectively dead.
    2. Your only reason for being an exorcist is because of your father and brother.
    3. You resent your brother and father for forcing you to become their personal puppet and keeping up with being an exorcist.

So, the last statement is important since Toudou knows that Rin might be left alive for some reason, and in that case, when Yukio finds out Rin will be spared, those words of "you really hate your brother" will still hit him like a ton of bricks. As for Yukio's answer, he may yet pull a total badass moment and say something like "my brother can be a total moron and have no clue about how people feel, but he's still my brother!" However, I think Yukio lost the moment he lost his aim and focus.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

omg i can finally get on MH!!! for the last couple of days i wasn't able to get on, anybody else having that problem or is it just my computer???

so anyway looks like kuro will be joining with rin and bon as they enter the IK. i wasn't expecting the IK to be a castle but whatever kazue's creativity never ceases to amaze me. i'm expecting some boss like demons to be in the castle the closer they get to the spore sac at the top. go kuro!!!

i guess mephisto really does have an allergy to dirty things. i think mephisto's hobby is watching wars and battles and other occurences that involve people getting hurt/dying. i just wish we knew what type of powers he has when it comes to him fighting, not just watching somebody else do the dirty work.

yukio don't go to the dark side!!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know why MH was down?

I don't quite get the "Impure King is a castle thing" So..it's body is a castle? Or it formed a castle with its fungus and it's hiding in teh throne room or something...?

I'm hoping to see Kuro in action, but that might not happen. except for him bounding around.

I have a feeling Nee-san is probably going to come back (There's no way the two girls can transfer Tatsuma without there being a problem)

I wonder what Mephisto's up to? He seems to have a plan or a use for the Impure King...and @candy See how clean his suit is? XD There's no way he'll dirty it for small fry. Maybe if the school is seriously underattack by high lvl demons, we'll see his powers?

I like how Kazue Kato takes the cliches, the problems (Rin's flames, Yukio's current problems) that are bound to happen and resolve them quickly and differently (Rin's friends don't accept him right away), but I have no idea what direction where she's going to go with Yukio. Have him wallow more in Todou's words or get over it? >.>

Well, time to wait another month for AnE goodness~! x3

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't read this chapter (yet) but... The IK is a castle? Like, you know, like the castle in Castlevania? The "stage boss" is a castle! I guess is a japanese castle but still... Well done, Kazue, now I can say I was surprised. You rules .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Pay up, Anya, I was right. Yukio is falling towards to the dark side, and it's because of resentment towards Shiro and/or Rin. From the raw, it looks like Yukio is resentful that he sacrificed his childhood to learn to destroy demons while Rin was the carefree child that he could have been. So he blames Rin, because he decided to learn to be an exorcist because of Rin.
    Before I pay I need to know if that's what Yukio thinks or what Toudou puts in Yukio's head. Yukio and Toudou are not the same person. And even if that were Yukio's thoughts (which I doubt) it doesn't mean he will go evil. I'm dying to read the new chapter, but jet lag is killing me so it'll have to wait.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you pay each other? XD MH money?

Plus, Katou-sensei surprises us all the time. Like with the European-looking castle. So don't count your money yet~ :P

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really punchy and wasn't thinking when I posted that ^^;. Sorry Anya!

Yukio and Toudou aren't the same, though we don't know much about Toudou to verify that assumption. I doubt Toudou was as a prodigy like Yukio and I doubt that Toudou had to deal with a crazy powerful demon sib along with the concerns of still being Satan's progeny. Still, Saburota Toudou was an Upper Second Class Exorcist, which is fairly strong. He also was probably well-established as a traditional Toudou with impressive credentials (he had to live up to those expectations before if they mattered so strongly to him.) Toudou is also a pathological liar.

But I think you'll agree with me that the thing that really got Yukio off-kilter was Toudou's words that Yukio already had nothing left. That would correspond to both our theories. You'd probably say that statement is the only reason why Yukio was knocked out of whack, and not the rest of Toudou's "you are mini-me" speech. I say that it was the statement that knocked Yukio off-balance enough for Toudou's words to have substantial effect.

I think Yukio's flashback concurrent to Toudou's words is good enough explanation though for Yukio's mental state. It's not like I expect Yukio to admit it, that wouldn't be Yukio. He would probably have substantial difficulty focusing and continue to adamantly deny it all. When Yukio can't fight very well, Toudou might leave, saying that as Yukio is, denying everything, Yukio won't be able to do anything.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem, earthforge. I'm used to not being sure what someone means here on forums and never assume bad intentions
    Anyway, I'll have to add my MangaFox nick in my sig since most people here may be still confused why you keep calling me Anya

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge
    Yukio and Toudou aren't the same, though we don't know much about Toudou to verify that assumption.
    I'd say we don't know enough about Yukio to verify that assumption. We've seen his past but it was Toudou who was doing the commentary. Toudou's speech reminded me of Orwell's 1984: "an attack so exaggerated and perverse that a child should have been able to see through it, and yet just plausible enough to fill one with an alarmed feeling that other people, less level-headed than oneself, might be taken in by it". Those things Toudou told him had to be told so they could be dealt with, especially that this confrontation has been staged many chapters ago. But I believe in Yukio, even though he is broken and under horrible pressure now, his intelligence and good heart has always been his best assets. Plus, it's AnE we're talking about. Friendship and love always prevail

It was an awesome chapter (which wasn't?). Too short though. Kuro is going to fight, YES, I've been waiting for it for ages!

Did you notice that even though Toudou was doing what he's best at, Yukio was still pretty awake playing dumb: "Why are you asking me that, did something happen to Nii-san?" I love him When Toudou was making his comparisons trying to mindfuck Yukio, Yukio was still concentrated on the battle, level difference and thinking of some plan, which he succeeded by shooting Toudou with water spirit. Too bad it didn't work either...

Toudou's suggestion that Yukio was an exorcist because he wanted as many titles as Shirou is ridiculous. I mean, who works so hard for titles? And not only by learning, you need to be really dedicated and like what you're doing to achieve what Yukio did. Plus, we know for sure he did it mainly for Rin, not his own glory.
    There are many kinds of child prodigies. Some grow out of it, some lack diligence, social skills or ambition to use it to its full potential. Some grow to be renowned experts in the field of light bulbs, a bit weird scientists who tend to annoy their spouses (if they ever marry) over little things. But they never regret things they achieved, they are proud of it and, as any other human being, they need acceptance and appreciation. That's why I believe Yukio is different from Toudou. Yukio doesn't regret following Shiro or learning hard, but he feels he was less loved than Rin. Funny thing is, Rin feels the same about himself

Toudou was playing sect guru telling the poor guy who has just lost his family that he is the only person to understand him now. Not only his "you have nothing left" statement, but his whole speech was amazing, perfect. He was surrounding and suffocating Yukio, mindfucking him bite by bite. Wow, I love this manga. And I love Yukio, poor guy. But between being depressed over death of your only brother and hating that brother when he returns is substantial difference. I believe that even if Yukio believes for a moment that he hates Rin it's to reduce the pain of losing him.

I wonder what Toudou's objective is. Does he expect Yukio to turn against his friends in the Order and join the side of Satan and demons? Does he want Yukio to commit suicide or let Toudou just kill him? Is he trying to get some kind of information from Yukio about Rin now he's so vulnerable? I think the latter is most possible right now, especially that he ended his speech with that hating Rin statement.
    Last edited by Kryanka; September 07, 2011 at 08:37 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Toudou's last statement is particularly over the top. I don't see anybody really being able to hate their sib truly. Feel resentment towards, maybe, not hatred. Then again, I really wouldn't know.

You're right, the statements Toudou makes are not even true. But it's all about fear. Yukio can keep saying that Toudou's words aren't true, but because he doesn't share his feelings with anyone, the moment doubt creeps into his heart he starts to believe it. I honestly believe it all comes down to fear.

I think it might in Toudou's case too (from the brief flashback we saw of him, gah he was adorable as a kid, sad he turned out as such a pathological manipulator.) Except Toudou is obviously emotionally weaker than Yukio - that's the boundary condition for Yukio and Toudou's interactions, since you are right, it is a shounen manga, and everything must end in love and friendship.

Toudou's suggestion was more that Yukio was solely walking the path that Shiro created. Toudou carefully avoided saying that Yukio asked Shiro to help him create a path, which is fine.

It bothers me though that Yukio's purpose to be an exorcist is still entirely predicated on protecting Rin, because when the stress gets to strong for Yukio, it's inevitable he'll blame Rin, no matter the reason. Doesn't help that Rin has not acted like an older brother except for a select few chapters. Also, what will be Yukio's purpose when Rin does surpass him? Yukio will be right back to square 1 to a degree.

Toudou seems to want Yukio really badly. Toudou is mindscrewing him repeatedly to get Yukio on his side. What that side is, I don't know. I he's still somewhat aligned with the Order's interests, but even the Order can't allow him to kill people in the name of his goal. That's why he had to break away now and quickly find a replacement for the demon he came into possession of. He might be working for someone else - recall we still haven't seen the masked man from chapter 16.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Toudou's last statement is particularly over the top. I don't see anybody really being able to hate their sib truly. Feel resentment towards, maybe, not hatred. Then again, I really wouldn't know.

You're right, the statements Toudou makes are not even true. But it's all about fear. Yukio can keep saying that Toudou's words aren't true, but because he doesn't share his feelings with anyone, the moment doubt creeps into his heart he starts to believe it. I honestly believe it all comes down to fear.
    Agreed, and agreed. Yukio should've read his emotions and share his problems with friends instead of pretending they don't exist. He would hear some encouraging words, calmed down and wouldn't be easy prey to Toudou. Well, that will teach him.

I think it might in Toudou's case too (from the brief flashback we saw of him, gah he was adorable as a kid, sad he turned out as such a pathological manipulator.) Except Toudou is obviously emotionally weaker than Yukio - that's the boundary condition for Yukio and Toudou's interactions, since you are right, it is a shounen manga, and everything must end in love and friendship.
    Does anyone else think that Toudou's family look like they were related to Shura? I'm not sure about Toudou being emotionally weaker - for now it seems to me it's the opposite.

It bothers me though that Yukio's purpose to be an exorcist is still entirely predicated on protecting Rin, because when the stress gets to strong for Yukio, it's inevitable he'll blame Rin, no matter the reason. Doesn't help that Rin has not acted like an older brother except for a select few chapters. Also, what will be Yukio's purpose when Rin does surpass him? Yukio will be right back to square 1 to a degree.
    Nah, he can't blame Rin, not more than Shiro anyway. Actually, he can only blame himself and feel resentment towards Rin, , as you said before, for not working as hard as Yukio and still be more loved by Shiro (which is not true, I'm sure). And I completely disagree with the statement that Yukio's sole purpose in life is to be better than his brother. That sounds like psychopath. Yukio's dream was to be a doctor and his wish was to be stronger, he wanted to protect his loved ones and he is extremely good at what he's doing and often praised for his achievements. He did work hard from a very young age, but I doubt he's going to pull Roger Federer (I think that was him) and announce that he actually hates exorcising and only did it for too ambitious father. One of Yukio's main problems is how to teach Rin take care of himself and Yukio's world is not going to collapse if he actually achieves that. Unless we're talking Anime!Yukio which is caricature version of the original one, or fanfiction!Yukio, but I do not think it'd make for an interesting or even plausible character development.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast