Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 27 Discussion | Ch. 28 Prediction

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 27 Discussion | Ch. 28 Prediction

I don't think Yukio will lose faith at all but I do think Toudou will use Yukio against Rin like perhaps a hostage type scenario which'll render Rin powerless cuz he cares bout his brother!

I've a mad theory of Toudou's aims but it's probably not so plausible... I was thinking maybe the Impure King is a mere distraction or some sort of pawn while Toudou's strengthening his body to achieve his true goal to make it so that he can handle possession by satan himself (plus he's a little barmy lol).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

The Impure King was just a means to capture Karura which is just a means to achieve some other goal. Getting stronger to be able to be possessed is a good idea... but for now, Karura seems to be making Toudou weaker. But maybe he can get used to it or find a way to be even stronger and immune to Karura's flames in his stomach.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't seem like Toudou is interested in Rin at the moment. It seems like he's focusing on Yukio, since he can sow doubt into Yukio's heart (whether the weakness exists or not, which is a point of contention).

I believe Toudou wants to use Yukio as an accomplice to help gain control of Karura in his stomach. Yukio at the moment is in serious trouble - as strong as he is, what sane human can take the loss of the last member of his family, the betrayal from his father's apprentice (which is what I think he sees Shura as doing), and the threat of the end of the world? Yukio is purely in shock, feeling nothing, but when he starts to get out of shock, Toudou is there.

Now, Yukio could further get his act together and decide to manipulate Toudou and act as a double agent for the Order (which would be impressive) or he could fall to Toudou's manipulations and not even realize it (more likely since the poor guy has too much stress on his back).

Then there is my very hopeful and fanfic-y idea that Toudou gets to teach Yukio in some of his own skills that later Yukio can put to good use, but that is just my fanfic-y thoughts. It all really depends on if Toudou wants to take Yukio in as an accomplice or if he simply wants to use and throw out Yukio.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naw I don't think Toudou would want to be possessed by Satan.I think he's already tired of being bossed around his whole life & playing the second fiddle to everyone else. Toudou is pretty much his own boss right now.
    -----------------

I think Toudou would want Yukio as an accomplice. So far we've seen Toudou to be the type to use extreme manipulations & tricks to get to what he wants.
    I think he's the type to enjoy his own little mind games.

In the first chapter where we're first introduced to Toudou, he already had the eye with him & could've easily made an escape without anyone knowing who betrayed the order but he deliberately chose to expose himself to Yukio.(Rin is only coincidentally there. Remember, Rin wasn't even supposed to be there but he stubbornly tagged along on the mission to retrieve the kid)

So yeah I think in the short term Toudou wants Yukio. Really bad.

But I have to wonder though, what can Yukio do for Toudou?

Sure, Yukio could act as a spy within the order..but he certainly does not have a lot of knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes within the order. The only reason that I can think of thus far as to why Toudou is targeting Yukio is because Yukio is young & therefore vulnerable.

We've seen Toudou manipulate Mamushi while she was still a school girl so I think this is why he sees Yukio as an easy target.
    Last edited by asyla; August 21, 2011 at 11:13 AM.

signature via

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I realized something earlier - in chapter 17 after Yukio's faith was rattled but he declared "I am me", he said to Shura (who was watching over Rin) "I have faith in Shura's ability" after being suspicious of her motives in chapter 15. Then after Shura chanted the imprisonment spell, alerting the Vatican and causing Rin's impending execution, he tells her "I've long discarded any and all expectations I had of you." Discontinuous much? Acting like he never believed in Shura when he had said he believed in her once?

Agreed very much, asyla - because Toudou has always felt controlled (it also may be entirely in his mind), he wouldn't like to be host to Satan. Also, good observation about Toudou exposing himself because Yukio was there.

Toudou seems to be controlling the demons by forcing them to possess him. That is a strange ability, as Tatsuma noticed - Toudou is interfering with the demon's existence. What if Toudou wants Yukio because Yukio can do that too? Yukio might have not been strong enough to host Satan's fire, but perhaps the exposure to it when he was younger made him more resilient to possession, made him able to interfere with demons.

Also, could be that Yukio is the greatest threat to Toudou's plans, and as the saying goes, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer." In that case though, why Yukio again?

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I realized something earlier - in chapter 17 after Yukio's faith was rattled but he declared "I am me", he said to Shura (who was watching over Rin) "I have faith in Shura's ability" after being suspicious of her motives in chapter 15. Then after Shura chanted the imprisonment spell, alerting the Vatican and causing Rin's impending execution, he tells her "I've long discarded any and all expectations I had of you." Discontinuous much? Acting like he never believed in Shura when he had said he believed in her once?

Agreed very much, asyla - because Toudou has always felt controlled (it also may be entirely in his mind), he wouldn't like to be host to Satan. Also, good observation about Toudou exposing himself because Yukio was there.

Toudou seems to be controlling the demons by forcing them to possess him. That is a strange ability, as Tatsuma noticed - Toudou is interfering with the demon's existence. What if Toudou wants Yukio because Yukio can do that too? Yukio might have not been strong enough to host Satan's fire, but perhaps the exposure to it when he was younger made him more resilient to possession, made him able to interfere with demons.

Also, could be that Yukio is the greatest threat to Toudou's plans, and as the saying goes, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer." In that case though, why Yukio again?

Haha, this is what reading this manga a few times have turned me into
    If only I could be this perceptive IRL lol
    ---------------

I don't think Yukio is being discontinuous in saying that. When he was younger he seemed to not hold Shura in high regard & was suspicious of her motives when she revealed herself to be a spy(just like you said).

He's only starting to trust her a little(and IMO feel relieved that there's another person who's looking out for his brother's well-being) and then...BAM! Vatican decides to execute Rin & Shura seems to not care.

It's pretty understandable that he proclaims to not have any expectations anymore from Shura
    -------------------
    Hmm..interesting comment about Toudou dominating over the demons that possess him & the possibility of Yukio sharing that ability. I'm not really sure about Yukio, but I do think that he MUST have some sort of latent innate ability if he's related to Satan.

After all, he received a Mashou from Rin at birth & survived it. Receiving a wound from a demon seems to be quite a serious business (moreso a wound from an uncontrolled spawn of Satan himself) & Yukio was an infant when he received the Mashou but he looks ok so I think that should be quite significant. :/

signature via

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Yukio was originally in Todou's plans. The guy is just awesome at using everyone around him to move forward towards his own goals. As you remember Todou had a talk about Rin with Yukio and Shura before he even introduced himself. He gets to know people and then uses them. He recognized Rin is dangerous and then Yukio's weakness, so he played with his mind so that he could use him later. I believe Yukio may be useful for Todou because of his connection to Rin more than his own talents or hidden power.

Having faith in person's ability is not the same as having faith in the person. Someone you know is extremely talented may behave irresponsible and reckless. That aside, I think Yukio told Shura off because he was depressed. If it was anyone else then Yukio who knew that the last member of his family is waiting to be executed, he'd be raging. Yukio is extremely calm, being even able to participate in a battle and making only mean comments to someone who acts too happily even though she was responsible for Rin. Besides, it's not the first time Yukio tells Shura he doesn't like her when she exposed his emotions. That's why I ship them together (yeah, I know the age difference) - they recognize their abilities, they do trust each other, they share their feelings with each other more than with anyone else - and Yukio is not exactly comfortable with this and he bites when Shura gets too close or when he needs to went.

Quote Originally Posted by asyla View Post
    I don't think Yukio is being discontinuous in saying that. When he was younger he seemed to not hold Shura in high regard & was suspicious of her motives when she revealed herself to be a spy(just like you said).

He's only starting to trust her a little(and IMO feel relieved that there's another person who's looking out for his brother's well-being) and then...BAM! Vatican decides to execute Rin & Shura seems to not care.

It's pretty understandable that he proclaims to not have any expectations anymore from Shura
    That too

After all, he received a Mashou from Rin at birth & survived it. Receiving a wound from a demon seems to be quite a serious business (moreso a wound from an uncontrolled spawn of Satan himself) & Yukio was an infant when he received the Mashou but he looks ok so I think that should be quite significant. :/
    That sounds logical. Maybe his moles are what's left of his mashou? If Yukio have some sort of power I hope it's passive. I don't want him to use anything more than his pistols and intelligence in the battle.
    Last edited by Kryanka; August 21, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    I don't think Yukio was originally in Todou's plans. The guy is just awesome at using everyone around him to move forward towards his own goals. As you remember Todou had a talk about Rin with Yukio and Shura before he even introduced himself. He gets to know people and then uses them. He recognized Rin is dangerous and then Yukio's weakness, so he played with his mind so that he could use him later. I believe Yukio may be useful for Todou because of his connection to Rin more than his own talents or hidden power.
    That could be possible too. After all, by this point almost all of the staff at the Academy should know about Rin being the son of Satan.

But I still think Toudou could be targetting Yukio from the start(upon seeing his arrival at the scene). Yukio must be somewhat famous too at the Academy since he is the young genius & is the adopted son of the Paladin so Toudou could've foreseen how he can use Yukio as a means to his goal(whatever that goal may be)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    That sounds logical. Maybe his moles are what's left of his mashou? If Yukio have some sort of power I hope it's passive. I don't want him to use anything more than his pistols and intelligence in the battle.
    Aww...not even if it was for a chapter or so?

But, yeah I can see what you guys mean when you say you don't want every other character to have "super" powers. A lot of shounen stories tend to go down this route *cough* BleachFairyTail *cough* and when everyone has his/her own powers & extreme power-ups, it doesn't seem so "super" & special anymore.

signature via

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

My thinking behind him wanting to be a host to satan was because he was bossed around, no one could ever compete with that kind of power, he wants to be tops, beyond anything anyone else could be and maintaining his life while being possessed by satan would be something unheard of (beyond Shiro).

asyla made good point about yukio though,
    Quote Quote:
    In the first chapter where we're first introduced to Toudou, he already had the eye with him & could've easily made an escape without anyone knowing who betrayed the order but he deliberately chose to expose himself to Yukio.(Rin is only coincidentally there
    I'd be inclined to agree there, didn't think of that. So the big question then would be why ? I can't think of much but Yukio is like a boy genius so maybe toudou is thinking that he sees amazing potential in Yukio and getting him on his side would make his fight that much stronger. Then what the hell is toudou's fight though?! I wonder what his full plans are hmmmmmmm

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

But I still think Toudou could be targetting Yukio from the start(upon seeing his arrival at the scene). Yukio must be somewhat famous too at the Academy since he is the young genius & is the adopted son of the Paladin so Toudou could've foreseen how he can use Yukio as a means to his goal(whatever that goal may be)
    Even if Yukio doesn't have any powers he could still be Tudou's target. He used Mamushi after all, no? He doesn't search for soldiers, but cleverly uses everyone around him.

Aww...not even if it was for a chapter or so?
    Well, maybe for a chapter... Actually, that would be interesting to see, especially if the power was Rin's flames. I'd love to see the weaker but more intelligent brother use it. Maybe when Rin is half-dead. Maybe Yukio (which means Snowman) is actually opposite of Rin's power.

And yes, I thought of Bleach. And Dragonball. And Beelzebub. I don't want to see anymore "fight - training - fighting boss - power up - bigger boss - super training- even bigger boss - super duper power up - more bigger boss - all friends superpowered - ultimate boss - they lived happily ever after" routine.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Moved back into Berkeley, huzzah! Meeting all my friends and some of my enemies. Overall I have my books, my telescope, my piano and a headache.

Anya, didn't you chew me out over my assertion that Yukio's neurotic behavior over having moles was completely uncanon because it was derived from an omake? Ah whatever. I think that Yukio's moles are purely hereditary and he's just neurotic about them. Heck, Rin commented he has a few. Yukio just obsesses over them.

Yukio is famous as Toudou knew of him and probably being a child prodigy gets him a lot of attention (woohoo, go prodigies!!). The Toudous are also a famous clan of exorcists who protected the Saishinbu. I really want to see Saburota's sib, cuz I wonder what he's like.

By the way, Saburota might not even be the dumbest of his family. He is an Upper Second Class Exorcist, and has shown considerable guile and cunning. He might've even intentionally preserved his status as an Upper Second Class Exorcist to act incompetent and thus be in a position to steal Karura. I don't think we should underestimate him.

That's a good idea asyla, Yukio using the blue flames for one chapter. It'd be interesting to see what would happen. I honestly do agree with Anya in that I don't want him to get a lot of superpowers. I also want his strongest skills to be his cunning and intelligence, cause that's what helped him become a child prodigy (that and a crapload of initiative, but protecting your twin brother and father is a very very strong reason.) I think that some passive abilities, like sensing a human hiding demonic possession (e.g. Toudou in chapter 16) or resilience to possession.

Yukio might get possessed or might not. I do want him to join Toudou, for good or for ill, since it would mean considerable character development for him. Heck, I even want Toudou to treat Yukio as an equal (it seems to be where his game is leading - by doing the "we are very much alike" gambit, Toudou will tell Yukio things that Yukio won't want to know) and teach Yukio some of his own skills (for one thing, I'd love if Yukio learns the finer points of deception because that was how he destroyed the pansy demon.)

Quote Quote:
    And yes, I thought of Bleach. And Dragonball. And Beelzebub. I don't want to see anymore "fight - training - fighting boss - power up - bigger boss - super training- even bigger boss - super duper power up - more bigger boss - all friends superpowered - ultimate boss - they lived happily ever after" routine.
    Really? I think AnE will head in that general direction after 50-75 chapters. AnE is very open-ended, cuz Rin's trying to kill Satan fer cryin' out loud. That's many battles down the road. I definitely think this routine will be adapted. Heck, already is. We've had the first training arc (the candles) and the second major fight (Impure King). Rinse and repeat till he destroys Satan.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Moved back into Berkeley, huzzah! Meeting all my friends and some of my enemies. Overall I have my books, my telescope, my piano and a headache.
    That sounds like Hogwarts!

Anya, didn't you chew me out over my assertion that Yukio's neurotic behavior over having moles was completely uncanon because it was derived from an omake?
    I blame your headache for seeing things. I only wrote that moles may be mashou scars, which even wasn't my idea originally.

Ah whatever. I think that Yukio's moles are purely hereditary and he's just neurotic about them. Heck, Rin commented he has a few. Yukio just obsesses over them.
    No, he doesn't. Omake is NOT canon. I would not spare a second thought to Yukio's moles if it wasn't for anime where it seems to be connected to - something demonic. Yes, I didn't have time to watch the latest episode yet >.>

Really? I think AnE will head in that general direction after 50-75 chapters. AnE is very open-ended, cuz Rin's trying to kill Satan fer cryin' out loud. That's many battles down the road. I definitely think this routine will be adapted. Heck, already is. We've had the first training arc (the candles) and the second major fight (Impure King). Rinse and repeat till he destroys Satan.
    Yeah, I realize that. But I have trust in the mangaka, since she uses cliches in such a way I actually like them. Satan is what awaits Rin, but he's not your average opponent. He plays the key role in the balance of the universe and is Rin's father. And he needs Rin. All of this adds a certain twist to the story and it makes me hope we won't be seeing "Now I'll show you my true power" more than it's really necessary.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, Berkeley would be a very tiny Hogwarts. Overall, great first day - exercised, did some studying, found out how my lab course will kill me (12 hours in the lab per week @_@), and had a rather awkward meeting with my friend from physics and math last semester (we're somewhat attracted to each other but gah, he's a jerk, and as my other friend said, he's too old for me; and we parted on weird terms.)

But in the manga, all we've seen of Yukio's moles is that he has two. That's an ordinary number. And the anime blotch on Yukio's back appears to be unrelated to the moles - it seems to look a like a bird claw (noted from someone else here.) It might be related to the peacock demon.

Nyah, okay. I'm fine with whatever direction this manga goes. If I care too much about having the manga a specific way, I loose interest. So I'll take whatever Kazue gives us, whether it turns badly or not. -w-

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2