Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: [Raenef] attempts Editing Practice #002!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Raenef's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Raenef] attempts Editing Practice #002!

Spoiler show

Changed the translation in panel 4 from great to ok, cause it did not fit till it was extremely small, hope it was ok.

tx

Raenef

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lunacat's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Raenef] attempts Editing Practice #002!

nice job !
    yeah chanel 4 looks a bit messy, and making it smaller won't be clear to read, i think you should have made the bubble bigger (is that allowed? hehe)

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DrPepperPro's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Raenef] attempts Editing Practice #002!

Just some general comments:

-You should probably leave the page size larger. The raw was 1536 height, and I'd recommend leaving it at that. This raw doesn't require much leveling, so it doesn't become too sharp or anything.

-There's excess space on the bottom and right sides that should be cropped off.

-About the changing to "OK!" thing, normally you'd consult the translator, and if they think it's fine (which it probably is in this case) then that's all good. In a case where you can't change the text to be smaller, sometimes you can increase the bubble size by copying a part of it and moving it over, then using the clone stamp or brush tools to fill in the gaps in between. Just make sure no important art is being covered up when doing this though.

-On the first challenge you did, I could see some filters were used. I don't know if they were used here or not also since the page is small, but they aren't necessary for this kind of raw.

-Could probably put a line break after the "Gentle," in the "Gentle, dude, gentle!! I'm delicate!!" bubble.

Anyways it's pretty good overall.

New Reply