Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Banquet Box

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Banquet Box

Title:Banquet Box
    Genres:Manwha, Seinen, Drama, Psychological
    Author: Hun
    Artist: Hun
    Publication: Daum
    Start Date: 2009
    End Date: On-going
    Number of chapters at review: 12
    Number of chapters read by reviewer: 12

General Overview:
    Old high school friends, who parted ways after graduation, has been gathered together again. They're gathered into a freight box not knowing the cause or reason. Eventually, they hear foot steps on top and a voice saying, "apologize."

Category Ratings: (1-10 scale)

Art:7
    For an online manwha, it's actually well drawn. The proportions look well but at times, the posture of each character seems awkward. The coloring is good though.

Plot: 8
    Since it's still in the early stage, I'm not sure how the story will unfold. Banquet Box has been presented not as a revenge plot but more of a self-reflection/self-analysis on past events. I'm hoping that Hun is able to depict that as the story progress. Then again, it could turn much more sinister than I thought.

Flashbacks are also used to push the story forward revealing past actions perpetrated by some of the characters. This fills up why the characters are in their situation and why the perpetrator is doing what he's doing.

Characters: 7
    At the start of the story, not much is know as to why each character are there or who they are. As the story progresses, more and more about each character is revealed. Through the flashbacks, we get to see the past selves of each character. One thing is certain that each captive person had interactions with the culprit.

Theme: 10

One has to consider the consequences of one's actions. Cruelty to others might bring harm upon one's self. That is why, in my opinion, everyone should be nicer and more considerate to each other. Doing harm to others might not seem like a big deal but what if it turn around to bite you back? Karma; such a deadly or beautiful thing.

Originality: 10

The plot so far is quite entertaining, and I have yet to come across something similar. The plot is suspenseful and intriguing, but we'll see how far it goes.

Overall:

The story is an interesting read. There's much intrigue being built up at the moment. I suppose those that love suspense would enjoy this one. It also has a dark psychological factor to it.

Spoiler: Scenes from Preview Chapter and Chapter 1 show
    Last edited by segua; January 04, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

(Please read from right to left.)

New Reply