Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

  1. #1
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi



    Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    About the series:
    Kurumatani Sora is a feisty and stubborn high school freshman who loves basketball. Trying to follow the footsteps of his mother, a former olympic representative for Japan, this small and weak boy polishes his shooting form with great dedication.

    With no athleticism or height, Sora can´t jump very high. He´s a bird that can´t fly.
    That´s why his long arching 3-pointers are his only way to reach the skies.
    His wings.

    This sports shonen bestseller is full of fun characters, dramatic scenes and exciting basketball games.

    By: Hinata Takeshi
    Genre: Sports, Romance, Slice of Life, Drama, Yankee
    Serialized In: Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine
    Groups Scanlating: Project Bite Me! Scanlations, Earth's Utopia

    --

    Ok, here´s a thread for AhiSora fans.
    I know the fanbase is still very small, but let´s try to have some talk going on, right?

    Like... what are your favorite characters so far?
    Last edited by Doraku; September 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM.


    These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Ongoing] Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    I haven't read new chapters since Rycolaa dropped. Now that it's being translated again I plan on catching up. Great series, well worth reading. Once I finishing catching up on Area no Kishi (another great sports series from ShoMag) I'll catch up on Sora.

  4. #3
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Thank you for making this thread Tensai_Sakuragi. I was going to make it myself but it's too much work so I'm waiting for the others to make this. This is one of my favorite sports manga, and one of the best now. I have read until volume 19. My country published it but new volumes hasn't been out for a few months. The techniques, comedy, are really good. And each of the main character have their own specialty but have their own weakness and that's what makes this manga is quite real and interesting. I almost like all Kuzuryu High Members, but I particularly like Yasuhara. His potential and character growth are really interesting. I like to see him someday surpassing Tobi. I also like Chiaki and Momoharu, they are amazing. Tobi is the typical genius player, but there's something different about him than other genius basketball player in a manga, like Rukawa or generation of miracles. And Nabe is unpredictably awesome. I read the raws that he
    Spoiler show
    Sora's growth is good too. It's good that the hero isn't a forward but a shooting guard. And he clearly has shown more hardwork rather than other main hero basketball. In conclusion, this manga is awesome.
    Last edited by raikou; August 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM.

  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    895
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    I've read up through the the end of Volume 3 so far. It's pretty interesting from what I've seen, and I'm enjoying seeing the characters getting fleshed out.

  6. #5
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Volume 3 means the end of match with Shinmaruko and the introduction with Tobi. You should continue. It's getting more interesting later. Who's your favorite character?
    Last edited by raikou; August 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM.

  7. #6
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Thank you for the thread I haven't really gotten attached to one real character yet.. But I kind of love Chiaki the point guard lol. I like how he's also the tallest guy on the team, but he's running point.. plus he's just done so well for comic relief, I love it.

    Now I wish scantalations would be faster, I've been waiting for Chapter 30 forever! And apparently this manga has like 20 volumes, so much to read yet it'll take so long before I can read it

  8. #7
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Chiaki is a great character. Deceptively smart, at least on the court. For all his humor and feigned apathy he is ultimately a nice person who makes things happen, like a true point guard he has discreetly driven the story. So far he's my favorite, she may be new (as of chapter 29) but Nao is giving him a run for his money. Smart girl, she'll make a good coach/manager. She and Sora make a great pairing.

  9. #8
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Quote Originally Posted by raikou View Post
    I have read until volume 19. My country published it but new volumes hasn't been out for a few months.
    I envy you so much, man. I hope this series can get published over here someday.

    Quote Originally Posted by raikou View Post
    And each of the main character have their own specialty but have their own weakness and that's what makes this manga is quite real and interesting.
    So true. It´s cool to see that EVERYONE on this manga (except for the top tiers) PLAIN SUCKS at some aspect of the game. It really makes the characters more believable.

    Quote Originally Posted by raikou View Post
    I almost like all Kuzuryu High Members, but I particularly like Yasuhara. His potential and character growth are really interesting. I like to see him someday surpassing Tobi. I also like Chiaki and Momoharu, they are amazing.
    Yasu is cool. He´s pretty talented when it comes to dribbling and attacking the rim, but I don´t think he´ll ever surpass Tobi. The difference in experience is far too great.

    Oh, the Hanazono twins. They´re pure awesomeness, indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by raikou View Post
    Tobi is the typical genius player, but there's something different about him than other genius basketball player in a manga, like Rukawa or generation of miracles.
    That´s simple: he lacks height and athleticism. He´s MUCH less gifted than characters like Rukawa (or, to use an AhiSora example, Momoharu). Guy can´t dunk or rebound very well. Tobi is ALL about skill.

    He´s talented, yeah, but his dribbling, shooting and ball handling are also a result of constant practice.

    Quote Originally Posted by raikou View Post
    And Nabe is unpredictably awesome.
    Nabe´s shooting form is the coolest thing ever. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by raikou View Post
    In conclusion, this manga is awesome.
    You got that right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ush View Post
    Thank you for the thread I haven't really gotten attached to one real character yet.. But I kind of love Chiaki the point guard lol. I like how he's also the tallest guy on the team, but he's running point..
    Elbow pass = cooler than anything I´ve seen on KuroBa. And hey, it´s even DOABLE.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ush View Post
    Now I wish scantalations would be faster, I've been waiting for Chapter 30 forever! And apparently this manga has like 20 volumes, so much to read yet it'll take so long before I can read it
    32 volumes and counting. Yeah, the wait is gonna be killer.
    It´ll problably end at 45 volumes or so, looking at the plot progression (yeah, I skim through raws).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Chiaki is a great character. Deceptively smart, at least on the court. For all his humor and feigned apathy he is ultimately a nice person who makes things happen, like a true point guard he has discreetly driven the story. So far he's my favorite
    Yes, I like Chiaki a lot. What´s truly impressive, though, is that Hinata escaped the trap of turning him into "the badass funny guy who is always right or in control of the situation". It´d be easy to just turn him into the second coming of E21´s Hiruma Youichi (funny character who´s also the mastermind behind the evolution of his teammates), but for all his qualities on and off the court, he´s also flawled as a player and as a person, and the reader GETS TO SEE his weaknesses here and there (Hiruma, although an amazing character, suffers from the "too misteryous to have depht" syndrome).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    she may be new (as of chapter 29) but Nao is giving him a run for his money. Smart girl, she'll make a good coach/manager. She and Sora make a great pairing.
    You´ll be surprised at how many couples we´ll get in this series in the future. And I mean REAL PLOTS reagardind those couples, not the usual "small hint" crap.

    I do like Sora and Nao together, but personally I support another possible pairing for her. Won´t tell ya, though.



    As for my favorite characters:

    Too hard to pick just one or two. Heck, the Kuzuryuu and Yokohama teams alone have so much great characters...



    With that said, Tarou and Niño are beasts. [/not really a spoiler]


    These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

  10. #9
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    I'm already forgetting a lot of names as the releases for the chapters are so slow :| I'm going to go back and read what has been translated so far

    I just saw on the MH main page someone randomly translated chapters like 53 and 57 or something... is there translations for chapters 30-into the 50's? If so I'll read the raws that way.

    Oh and that's interesting hearing about the pairings, I kind of want to read it even more now :x
    Last edited by Ush; August 26, 2011 at 02:15 PM.

  11. #10
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Chapters 30 through 34 have been released by the guys at Pinoy Manga.
    Many thanks to them.

    In these chapters, Yasuhara is already starting to stand out as a more disciplined guy than his peers (most likely because of his karate background). Tobi and Chiaki also kind of butt heads because of their different views on the importance of motivation.

    And Momoharu... well...



    Hang in there, man. Just hang in there.


    These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

  12. #11
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Quote Originally Posted by Tensai_Sakuragi View Post
    Chapters 30 through 34 have been released by the guys at Pinoy Manga.
    Many thanks to them.

    In these chapters, Yasuhara is already starting to stand out as a more disciplined guy than his peers (most likely because of his karate background). Tobi and Chiaki also kind of butt heads because of their different views on the importance of motivation.

    And Momoharu... well...



    Hang in there, man. Just hang in there.
    Haha loved it. I hope Pinoy Manga stay true to their commitment of a chapter around every 3 days~ that would be cool. There are a lot of frickin volumes though lol.

    I also read the raws along with the translations which goes up to about 55, it gets pretty interesting.. especially on Chiaki's position. I may have to go back and read it, but it seems like his best position isn't actually PG huh.

    Holy crap, a bunch of chapters released up to 46! Sweet!
    Last edited by Ush; October 08, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

  13. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    I was looking for a sport manga to read, and came across Ahiru no sora and area no kishi.... I read 10 chapter of each one and decided to continue Ahiru no sora first. It really is a great manga! It is different the main character is a chibby shooting guard, he will have his weakness forever... The PG is the the biggest player and is kind slow, and Tobi is a genius but don't give that aura of invencible (maybe because he is not the protagonist)....

    Anyway, good to see i started at a good time. I just catch up to the latest chapter at mangareader and it was the end of their match! I didn't have to wait lol! Does someone knows how many chapters are released in japan?

    What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

  14. #13
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I was looking for a sport manga to read, and came across Ahiru no sora and area no kishi.... I read 10 chapter of each one and decided to continue Ahiru no sora first. It really is a great manga! It is different the main character is a chibby shooting guard, he will have his weakness forever... The PG is the the biggest player and is kind slow, and Tobi is a genius but don't give that aura of invencible (maybe because he is not the protagonist)....

    Anyway, good to see i started at a good time. I just catch up to the latest chapter at mangareader and it was the end of their match! I didn't have to wait lol! Does someone knows how many chapters are released in japan?
    I believe there's quite a few.. like 200+?

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #14
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Inumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    Argentina
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    Lol, first part of chapter 57 was hilarious, i'm really happy with Nabe finally taking the spotlight in the manga.

  17. #15
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ahiru no Sora by Hinata Takeshi

    I'm liking Sora's transition to a 3 pt shooting PG. Just cause he can shoot 3's doesn't mean he's suited for the SG spot, really.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts