Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Which would you be? (pick 2)

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knight

13 59.09%
  • Dragoon

12 54.55%
  • Tamer

10 45.45%
  • Aria

1 4.55%
  • Doctor

4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply

Thread: Which meister would you be?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Which meister would you be?

and why
    Knight, because swords are coolest; Dragoon because guns are as cool as they're useful; Tamer because you could use a loyal demon to fight with you; Aria, because there's nothing like killing with a word; or Doctor because you're more of a healing type?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which meister would you be?

Dragoon: Swords are cool and all, but it's troublesome to carry and most of the time, you can't get close enough to the demon to slash it. (Like a demon as big as the Impure King, you think you can slash THAT?!) While as you can shoot from any angle and distance (if you're skilled enough), with firearms. Plus, the dragoons get to play with flamethrowers. (ch. 27 )XD So I'm kinda curious what kind of firearms they have at True Cross Academy....O.o

Tamer: I want to know more about the demon mind...not that every demon is the same, but with a demon under me, I could understand more about my enemy. After all, knowing your enemy is vital in battle. ...or something along the lines of that....
    Plus, it'll be fun and cool to have a demon friend!!! (I kinda want a demon that resembles THIS... Although it also resembles Izumo's spirit foxes...but much larger.)
    Last edited by sakura_fai; August 19, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would have to choose knight and dragoon. dragoon because i could fight long range with guns and close range with my demon sword.
    being a tamer would be pretty cool but what would happen if my familiar turned on me like kamiki's did in chapter 5??? i mean some demons are really smart and might be able to mindfuck me enough to let my control over my familiars weaken enough so they could turn on me! that would stink.
    true being an aria would be pretty awesome, having the ability to kill demons by just saying a couple of versuses but remembering all those lines and then a different verse depending on the demon, pretty sure my brain can't handle that. plus i don't like to have my defenses down while i'm reciting. then there are some demons whose fatal verse is unknown!!! way to risky!!!
    though i want to be a doctor in real life i don't think i would be able to keep my cool and treat people as demons were attacking from all sides. that would be a bit to much pressure for me to handle.
    (oh yeah i only checked off knight before i voted and realized you could check off two so my other would be dragoon! sorry 'bout that guys!)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragoon, Tamer or Aria

Those three require the least effort and are relatively save

If I had to pick one it would probably be Dragoon though

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    (oh yeah i only checked off knight before i voted and realized you could check off two so my other would be dragoon! sorry 'bout that guys!)
    I voted only one and I created this thread, lol.

I picked Dragoon because I would rather not come close to a crazy demon. If something like a ghoul attacked me I'd instinctively shoot it, not think of reciting holy verses nor preparing drugs. I could also be a Tamer in case I'd be so shocked I wouldn't even know how to use my gun (the demon would have to be around all the time like Nii-chan or Kuro).

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like my opinions on the roles will change as we see more advanced meisters, but for now I voted for Knight and Dragoon. So far Knights seems to have had the most attention so far. I feel like if your lucky enough to get a special sword then Knight can wield some great power, but being and ordinary Knight seems like it might be boring unless your have supernatural strengths. Dragoons so far seem limited in their skills, but gun slingers are cool by nature.

I wouldn't mind tamer if there was a good way to work in tandem. I feel like I'd get bored if all I did was watch my demon fight while I stood around.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Voted knight & tamer. Knight because using a demon sword would be totally awesome and close range sword fighting would be the best, getting into the thick of things, using your own strength (though I'd be horribly lacking there) and energy! And tamer cuz it'd be awesome to summon and fight alongside a demon companion.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamer & Doctor.

Tamer:I'm not much of an offensive type & would pretty much like to let something else do my bidding while I sit a safe distance away LOL. :-p

Doctor:Certainly not as impressive as being able to fight demons like the other Meisters, but I don't mind being the team's support & not directly playing the field. Plus it'll be useful in everyday life when no demons are involved

signature via

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose over dragoon and knight because well those are very handy when it comes to slaaining demons if you think about you can shoot down the enemies by making this tired and wounded and if it gets any close to you you can just protect yourself from the close combat with the sword and finish it off

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more into sword fights so becoming a knight would be great. Taming some demons would be very interesting too, an awesome pet that would be

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member 3shinkyo3's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Knight and tamer. I could summon a bad ass demon and fight along side it becoming an unstoppable duo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my order: Tamer, Dragoon, Knight, Doctor, Aria
    I only voted for my top two: Tamer and Dragoon.

I'd like to be a Tamer because I need information from all sides before i make my decision. And what better way to get to know the demons of Gehenna than by summoning them? I like to believe I have a strong mind, so i think i would be good at that =)

Dragoon would be second choice because I honestly don't like getting down and dirty (I'm more of a behind the scenes kind of person haha), and Dragoons (and Tamers) seem to fight from safe distances.

Knights are too close and personal in my opinion, but I'd rather be a Knight than a Doctor or Aria. I'm okay with Doctors and I understand their value in being able to heal people (which, i think every manga universe needs more healers/doctors LOL) but that's not for me.

Unless the poem/script rhymes, i have to memory for it. That means Aria is definitely out of the question xD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pyrenestrel's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose knight and tamer ^^

Knight because I like fencing (I did some for 3 years), and tamer because at least I wouldn't be spending uselessly my time trying to teach stupid tricks to my horses and cats, lol, demons are more useful, you just ask what you want or need, and they understand tou and do it ^^

I also like archery (stil practicing it), a pity it's not used by the exorcists...

I couldn't be an aria because i've got a verrrry bad memory, lol, so not a doctor either (when you have to remember all the ilnesses, all the plants and stuff...)
    "Les scientifiques savourent l'étrange plaisir d'être bien plus ignorants que les gens ordinaires, qui sont seulement ignorants de choses ordinaires" (by Sir Terry Pratchett, translated by P.Coutton)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My first pick would be Dragoon, hoho~ I have always liked long-range attack, be it physical or magical. I'd vote for archery, but since there's nothing like that, Dragoon is the closest. It's easier to analyze enemy from afar anyway, kehehe. My second pick was Doctor. Well, it's actually a tie between Doctor and Aria. Aria for the same reason as Dragon. Both have annoying part of having to memorize words and herbs or spells to heal, but that's the cool part. <3

New Reply