Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Paladin by Ryu Ki Woon

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

[Webtoon] Paladin by Ryu Ki Woon

PALADIN

Demographics: Seongin (Seinen)
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Historical, Martial Arts
    Publishing Status: Ongoing
    Writer: Ryu Ki-Woon
    Artist: Moon Jung-Hoo
    On MH: Paladin
    Groups Scanlating: Easy Going Scans
    Mangaupdates

About the Story

The country of Greenland, after losing the war to the Imperial Army, were in agony and despair for what will the future bring them. They had hired mercenaries to help them during the war and now they’ve come back to collect their reward while the country were still picking up their pieces of their broken dreams.

By that time, the King has passed away and his heir was still too young to take up on the throne. After hearing the news of the King’s death the mercenaries decided to take over the throne and rule in his place. But there was an obstacle in their way... The Oracle!

Personal Note

Now the chapters are coming regularly, I assume its opportune time to create a thread for this series. Its one of the better manhwa I started reading recently. The action/fighting fans should love it.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; August 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Paladin by Ryu Ki-Woon

I'm liking this series a good bit so far. I especially LOVE the art style.

Can't figure out whose going to be the main character though. It looked like it was going to be the guy in the first few chapters and then it entirely switched gears to a new guy entirely, with a new story.

The basic elements of this series(action, humor, characters, and art) are all awesome but the overall plot still seems like one big mystery. I still have no idea what "Paladin" is even going to be about.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I'm liking this series a good bit so far. I especially LOVE the art style.

Can't figure out whose going to be the main character though. It looked like it was going to be the guy in the first few chapters and then it entirely switched gears to a new guy entirely, with a new story.

The basic elements of this series(action, humor, characters, and art) are all awesome but the overall plot still seems like one big mystery. I still have no idea what "Paladin" is even going to be about.
    Paladin is essentially a top class warrior in other series or wuxia based genres that use the term, mainly ones like in Chinese novels or legends. This manhwa use that term with the same effect. Where the Paladins are "chosen" people or warriors.

I initially thought that the first guy we saw was the main character as well. Then it turned out it was the other guy next him. It was interesting how the author / artist pulled that off. The main character is the guy we saw in the first chapter, well the guy with the scar on his face (I forget his name).

The story seems to focus on several things but tie into the main character at some point.

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At first, I thought the 1st main character was a male. But it turned out she was a lady dressed like a male. Even when they do flashback, she looks like a guy until her cleavage was shown.

That female tomboy is definitely a Paladin, inherited from her protector in the flashback.
    And it appears the flashbacks in this series is very well executed.

I like how religion is used with a pretense of a prophet, the female Oracle.
    Reminds me of the Fire Emblem game for some weird reason. This could be easily considered a classic, right?
    If it were published in shounen jump (black & white art of course) do you think it would do well?

MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paladin by Ryu Ki-Woon

well i read paladin, 14chapters. I still don't get what's the main plot, but that manhwa is good and have lots of potential. i'm looking forward for what will happen.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapters 15-16 are out.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added September 12, 2011 at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was August 31, 2011 at 07:47 PM ----------

Chapters 17 & 18 are out.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added September 29, 2011 at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was September 12, 2011 at 12:34 AM ----------

Paladin chapters 19 & 20 are out from eg scans.

Spoiler show

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I liking the manhwa so far, but the plot is still confuse... How is the countries after the war or the objetive of the protagonist....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I liking the manhwa so far, but the plot is still confuse... How is the countries after the war or the objetive of the protagonist....
    As far I understand, a bunch of countries allied theme selves against the empire. The empire won, Karon the main character was the commander in the empire and now has quit. He appears to be traveling around and finding himself in odd places where he steps in to help solve some issues which needs his paladin powers.

The one interesting things about the main character is - his scared beast is out of power and descends to the earth. I wonder if that means that he is nearing his end time as if the beast dies, the host will as well.

The objective of the protagonist has not been revealed yet, maybe the raws have.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I've also been wondering his time is ending... Maybe he wants to do something before he dies. The smaller countries of the alliance that lost seems to be still finding themselfs...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Plot is simple, as explained by Charlie. I am little confused about the recent chapters. I assume there are separate events are being shown simultaneously. A few more chapters and the story will shape up nicely. So far, I am liking this manhwa.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Plot is simple, as explained by Charlie. I am little confused about the recent chapters. I assume there are separate events are being shown simultaneously. A few more chapters and the story will shape up nicely. So far, I am liking this manhwa.
    I think so too about the separate events. Somehow they all tie in with the main character sooner or later. As in the case with the Princes and the blue haired guy.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

True indeed. I was just wondering, if we are going to see more than one main characters?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    True indeed. I was just wondering, if we are going to see more than one main characters?
    I think that is also possible. At the start of the story, I was a little confused as to who the main character was - xD.

If the story continues to branch into several different stories at once, then we'll probably have more than one main character.

Though at this point, I don't want to see that happen and I Just want to know more about Karon.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Paladin chapter 23 has been sometime from eg scans.

---------- Post added November 07, 2011 at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was November 04, 2011 at 06:08 PM ----------

Paladin chapters 24 & 25 are out.

Spoiler show

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not sure what to think about this series. I love the artwork and the themes seem cool but the plot hasn't grabbed me yet.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast