Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 313 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 313 Discussion/314 Predictions

Bisk is without a shred of a doubt an exceptional hunter and while her ability has many applications I doubt it would restore gons arm let alone his lost potential. Not to mention that they would not have needed archangels breath if she could do such a thing back in the day.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Bisk is without a shred of a doubt an exceptional hunter and while her ability has many applications I doubt it would restore gons arm let alone his lost potential. Not to mention that they would not have needed archangels breath if she could do such a thing back in the day.
    Gon's arm is nothing that important or hard to take care of, but i don't think Biscuit would be able to help with that.

His potential, however, is just the kind of things she could do. Her whole ability is about "make over"; and while it would probably cost them both a lot, she should be able to heal his mind/nen just fine.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...7/c171/12.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...0/c201/12.html

I have my doubts about bisk's ability to go as far as restoring gon's potential or whatever he paid for his massive nen and body. Her ability seems limited to physical things for the most part. In gons case we would be talking about something much deeper and far larger than normal wounds or physical exhaustion.

Another issue I see is that there seems to be little gon could pay with to recover what he lost. Based on the manga gon lost his future, his potential or something along the lines of that. What could gon possibly pay to recover such a thing? Should he pay with his life? Even if his life was an option it would be absurd to give up his future in exchange for his future- he'd break even kinda lol. Since gon has nothing -as far as we know- that he could possibly exchange for his future and/or potential then what we have to assume is that someone else who is willing to pay the price has to do it for him. Of course, gons talent, his potential was essentially endless.... Netero lost himself to insanity as his training for half a decade and while he did become more skilled than the royal guards as far as nen goes, he did not by any means acquired more nen than they did. In turn, gon acquired a colossal amount of nen, enough to actually match a royal guard and even the king, who netero could barely put a scratch after hundred of thousands of hits. Whoever restores gon to how he used to be, if that ever happens, has to be someone with an ability ideal for the job and also willing to do it at a gargantuan personal cost, perhaps his own life (or a part of it).

I see two possibilities:
    The king in his last moments gives his own nen to gon to restore what he lost. The king is dying anyways so it would overall make sense. That would kinda conflict with the king dying while he plays with komugi in certain scenarios though.

The other is that gin does something. Gin might be selfish but it would make sense he loves gon very much. he also works restoring ruins and whatnot, it'd be interesting if he could use some restoring ability on gon. It makes sense for a father to give a son a future overall.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know man. I'm worried about the "I won't be able to use nen anymore" clause. So if that's gonna be the case, no matter how much Nen people donate to Gon it ain't worth anything since he can't use nen anymore.

We have a semi-similar with Bleach where Ichigo lost his powers and got them back because of the Fullbring and the Shinigamis donating their reiatsu. That just means Ichigo poured all of his powers like Netero did with his Hyakushiki Zero to the point that he won't be able to generate reiatsu again and to remedy that it would only take people dredging up his latent miniscule reiatsu from some important personal belongings (thus probably stimulating the generation of reiatsu again for Ichigo so he won't have to rely on the Shinigamis all the time for reiatsu supply like a leech) and people pouring their reiatsu onto him. Gon's case I think is not like this. If the condition would be "I won't be able to use Nen again it's not gonna be restored by just giving him nen because the clause implies no matter how much nen you have you won't be able to use it anymore anyway.

If there was someone like Inoue Orihime who could, like, you know, manipulate time so that the condition and powerup wasn't made at all by Gon then he could be healed. But yeah pipe dreams guys I'm looking into it way too much.
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; August 31, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...7/c171/12.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...0/c201/12.html

I have my doubts about bisk's ability to go as far as restoring gon's potential or whatever he paid for his massive nen and body. Her ability seems limited to physical things for the most part. In gons case we would be talking about something much deeper and far larger than normal wounds or physical exhaustion.
    Actually, everything the Beautician does seems to be 'literal'. She can 'restore youth' (lolifies Biscuit), her massages can 'relax', she can 'burn your excesss fat'... and she can 'take away your worries'.

I expect Biscuit will be able to make Gon a child again and burn away his worries (give him back nen potential).
    Quote Quote:
    Another issue I see is that there seems to be little gon could pay with to recover what he lost. Based on the manga gon lost his future, his potential or something along the lines of that. What could gon possibly pay to recover such a thing? Should he pay with his life? Even if his life was an option it would be absurd to give up his future in exchange for his future- he'd break even kinda lol. Since gon has nothing -as far as we know- that he could possibly exchange for his future and/or potential then what we have to assume is that someone else who is willing to pay the price has to do it for him. Of course, gons talent, his potential was essentially endless.... Netero lost himself to insanity as his training for half a decade and while he did become more skilled than the royal guards as far as nen goes, he did not by any means acquired more nen than they did. In turn, gon acquired a colossal amount of nen, enough to actually match a royal guard and even the king, who netero could barely put a scratch after hundred of thousands of hits. Whoever restores gon to how he used to be, if that ever happens, has to be someone with an ability ideal for the job and also willing to do it at a gargantuan personal cost, perhaps his own life (or a part of it).
    You are forgetting the last possibility- Restrictions. To have many restrictions placed on both the nen used to heal Gon, but also on Gon himself.

What prompted him going berserk was a friend dying, him being unable to do anything about it, and betrayal.

I'd expect Gon's restrictions would be about those three things. It's highly possible Gon will be forced to 'Quest' about helping friends achieve their goals and rewarding help other gave him, or trust other gave him (Hisoka, Pakunoda, etc).

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tombadgerlock View Post
    Actually, everything the Beautician does seems to be 'literal'. She can 'restore youth' (lolifies Biscuit), her massages can 'relax', she can 'burn your excesss fat'... and she can 'take away your worries'.

I expect Biscuit will be able to make Gon a child again and burn away his worries (give him back nen potential).
    Again as I've stated earlier we have not encountered any ability which actually is mean to heal nen so to speak that includes Biske's ability. As the pages linked by kkck have noted the ability is a relaxation technique to restore stamina big time, as well as being a sort of "beauty treatment" AKA a spa like treatment that would make you look flawless but in reality isn't permanent. In other words the applications of Biske's nen is physical in characteristic - not that its therapeutic properties wouldn't be helpful for a quite traumatized Gon - but it is not a healing ability in the sense of rejuvenation like you are thinking. Just because it makes Biske look younger the key word is look meaning she only appears younger but in reality has not really aged down (otherwise she'd be immortal). It is merely a regenerative ability aimed at beauty and stamina (removing signs of stress or aging), basically it really is an old woman's ability XD. It promotes regeneration so that you would feel more refreshed and feel younger but it will not actually age your body backwards.

Also just because Gon somehow gets over the loss of Kaito doesn't mean his nen will return as has been said multiple times already it was the price paid in order to forcefully mature. From what has been noted nen in itself is a life force and basically you can't exactly acquire more life, nen allows you to better master that life force so that you could be efficient in its use so as to live long. Now how exactly can you convert or return the aura Gon had used on Pitou? Its just doubtful that you could renege on the price you've already paid when you've already consumed or used the technique so to speak.

A highly restrictive and specialized ability aimed specifically at nen would work but such a convenience has not been revealed at the moment - if at all it exists.

Also am I the only one who thinks Gon won't be looking to restore his arm? I mean he does view it as a sort of atonement towards Kaito so I'm not so sure he'd be all that willing to forget his loss.
    Last edited by Hamy; August 31, 2011 at 09:12 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 313 Spoiler Thread

@guys who say that this arc isn't like HxH:
    This Arc just seems to be endless because of the hxh typical hiatus and so on. And the situation seemed hopeless. As if the Ants already took over the World and one of the strongest Hunters(Netero of course) even lost his life. But if we keep a few important things in mind than it doesn't look like a hopeless situation anymore.

-Netero himself mentioned Hunters that are even stronger than himself.
    -Humans are mad and cruel. This Rose Bomb took care of Meryem (will he die for sure? this poison is supposed to kill them, right?).
    - Most parts of the World are still alright. They are just at the start with their plan of taking over the world and it doesn't look so good for them anymore.
    - The King's Brothers are still there. Maybe we can count the drugdealing Gyro as one of the few guys who could kick Neteros ass. And the other (little) Brother with this astonishing fast growth rate will surely have his role to play.

And I think after this Arc the Manga will focus on the Characters we know and love and Gon's search for his father. Or something like that.

I'm in a hurry so I won't write more.
    I hope I made myself clear. Well, I think I'll have to Edit my Posting later when I got the time and concentration because I fear I just wrote a horrible text. lol
    later guys

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5