Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Truth about Isshin's 'lost' reiatsu

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner og1's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Truth about Isshin's 'lost' reiatsu

I was just rereading some old chapters, when I stumbled upon something interesting.
    The reason why Urahara was exile from Soul Society and reason why Isshin lost his shinigami powers is: gigai that makes your spiritual pressure deteriorate

Just look at this picture:
    http://i11.mangareader.net/bleach/175/bleach-12648.jpg

Also, I'm sorry if there was a thread about this, and my apologies about crap english.

Over and out.
    I'm NOT sorry for my bad English.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Truth about Isshin 'lost' reitsu

Before final getsuga was unveiled the reiatsu draining gigai was the commonly accepted theory. I guess final GT is now the officially accepted speculation about how Isshin lost his powers. There is some reason to believe that it was the reiatsu draining gigai's fault because Urahara hopes he is not to blame for making Isshin weaker.
    Last edited by Kaiten; August 23, 2011 at 01:24 AM.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It is questionable and would be speculation at the moment. There are two theories for Isshin losing his powers:

1. His knowledge about FGT made me think that he might have used it.

2. May be Isshin blamed himself for the death of Masaki. If he had not been a shinigami, perhaps, she would not have been attacked by Fisher. He may have wanted to lose his shinigami powers after the loss of his wife.

Some contradiction, In the first link, it is said "so the shinigami that entered that gigai, could never recover their spiritual power". If Isshin lost his powers by this method, why would he regain his powers?

In the second link posted by Kait, this sentence is confusing "so how does it feel...?To take the form of a shinigami that you abandoned 20 years ago?". It could mean Isshin chose to discard his powers or he lost it willingly bu using FGT.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; August 23, 2011 at 01:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, possibly it was a "cover" for the whole accident, I guess Central 46 did not want anyone to know about what happen with the Vizards and everything, and found a reasonable excuse for exiling Urahara instead so that normal shinigami like Rukia would not know about the accident.

But as said above, we really don't know, and this is only speculation..

I doubt Isshin had used FGT and was forced to live as a human, but actually, still the other way around, he made a choice to live as a human.

One reason is that Urahara did apology to him.. It really seemed like Isshin used this special gigai of Urahara's, but why? Now knowing that the gigai exile reason possibly was a cover up on what really happened with the Vizards, I guess it was a lie too / part cover up that you can't get your powers back after using the gigai, but as Urahara said, possibly a slight loose in overall powers.

Also how to explain so many captains disappear..? What if Central 46 probably said that Urahara had made a gigai that made these captains and lieutenants loose all their power for good when they used them in the human world or something, and were doomed to live as normal humans for their remaining life, thus exiled Urahara for it - excuse.
    It's not a lie too far from the truth, well, from what they knew anyway..

If Isshin wanted a happy life with Masaki, then the gigai is a much better explanation in my view. As far as I can tell, gigai's just make one appear in front of people, it doesn't copy down the whole body's functions. Possibly, he got a special gigai from Urahara for even Ichigo and his 2 sisters to have been born.. He's a spirit afterall.
    Possibly also why Ichigo's real alive body always seem so important, he can't just replace it with a gigai and still have same advantages (it seems) should he loose it.

Had he really lost all his powers through FGT, then I just don't see why use a gigai that can ruin your spiritual powers.. but who knows, time will tell I guess
    Last edited by Quantized; August 24, 2011 at 03:36 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I find most "unnerving" is that since Isshin made his entrance on the stage as a Shinigami NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE said a word about that. I'm talking about Gotei 13. It looks a bit forced to me.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It is odd but my hopes are resting on a mini arc that would reveal the mystery named Isshin. Under what circumstances he lost his reiatsu would be one of the events being uncovered.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    It is odd but my hopes are resting on a mini arc that would reveal the mystery named Isshin. Under what circumstances he lost his reiatsu would be one of the events being uncovered.
    Same here, the heck with the current story (kidding )!
    In all seriousness, I too really, really, really want to get some background story, sooner the better! Isshin also owes Ichigo pretty much at this point, his basically at fault for all Ichigo's pains in not only one level and essence, but in multiply... Isshin!! Man up and have a father to son talk already!!
    No wonder he seemed to sad when he was about to help create the sword that gives Ichigo's powers back... Get it over with and talk with Ichigo!

Curious, isn't the mini arc Kubo mentioned the current mini arc...? As such, after this has calmed down, perhaps Isshin will have a talk with Ichigo..? or is it supposed to mean a mini arc after this arc, and not after the Aizen arc...?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Isn't that supposed to be the next arc? And since this one seems to be wrapping up, I guess it'll be happening S.O.O.N.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    Isn't that supposed to be the next arc? And since this one seems to be wrapping up, I guess it'll be happening S.O.O.N.
    Agreed, Isshin can't hide it anymore, or someone seriously has to kick the guy into talking
    Any suggestions on how soon possibilities..?

After the Ginjou/fullbring accident...? I got a feeling it probably won't last long...
    But problem is, I don't see the captains leaving without Ichigo, they'd probably bring him to SS for whatever reason, it just feels like it.
    All of them "just leaving" after all this drama seems wrong.. So if they really bring Ichigo to SS, will Isshin tag along..?

What will happen in SS, will they talk..? Will Ichigo finally become too full of question suddenly being back in Soul Society together with his dad..? I know he has known his dad's identity for 17 months now, but it really has to be wanting to come out of Ichigo by now, is Isshin planning on keeping secrets until Ichigo explodes emotionally on him...?

Isshin is really brutal on his son, it really makes me wonder if this is one of the reasons Isshin looked so sad when he helped bringing Ichigo's powers back..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe SS will WANT a captain and Isshin will step in in place of his son... maybe? XD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Isshin may have transferred part of his reitsu and powers to his first child, which happened to be ichigo. It is said that it is impossible to have two identical zanpaktos. Yet ichigos and isshins are identical.

I think he can temporary seal his powers for about 10-20 years before reactivate his powers, or how else can he regain his powers right before the fight with Aizen? I think the timing is too perfect.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    I think Isshin may have transferred part of his reitsu and powers to his first child, which happened to be ichigo. It is said that it is impossible to have two identical zanpaktos. Yet ichigos and isshins are identical.

I think he can temporary seal his powers for about 10-20 years before reactivate his powers, or how else can he regain his powers right before the fight with Aizen? I think the timing is too perfect.
    hmm, its possible.. but isn't it from the Bleach movie or do I remember wrong..?
    But I still agree about the zanpaktou itself, but not the "abilities" a zanpaktou gives.

Like what if It's perhaps possible that souls inherit their parents powers when born, for example, Ichigo could inherit Isshin's powers, while Karin and Yuzu can inherit some of their grand parents powers...?
    But a zanpaktou's personallity changes depending on the person...? Like how a hollow is an alter ego, the shinigami could be someone you look up to..? Both figures, be it hollow or shinigami will take appearance between the shinigami's/hollows personallity and abilities, like a Ice Dragon, etc.

Another case that seems similar is Byakuya's grandfather, who seems to have the same abilities as Byakuya. This is an assumption, but it just seemed to vibe that way.

Possible, if this is true, one might guess that abilities in a family change slightly over the generations, othervice everyone would have the same shinigami abilities. Plausibly the reason we got so many different shinigami powers is that many shinigami comes from the human population where powers greatly differ because humans don't live long and there are billions of billions of generations to generate special shinigami powers different from others.
    But not all humans have reatsu strong enough to use their shinigami powers, but all humans have the ability, but requires to die, to enter SS and remove the chain of fate completely, and have reatsu to reveal their shinigami powers.

The reason I think all humans has shinigami powers is because seemingly everyone human can become a hollow, so the question is how much reatsu a human has once they're dead and the path of hollow or shinigami is unlocked.

Just a theory anyway, take it with some grant of salt

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo and Isshin's zanpaktous aren't identical, Isshin's is called Engetsu, it seems plauable that he transferred his powers when he concieved Ichigo, and like rukia gave all of his power accidentally.

We only know when he regained his shinigami form, what if he regained his powers years before but was unwilling to become a shinigami. it could explain why he blames himself for masaki's death.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its due to usage of FGT. Now the question would be: when and how and whatnot was used for? I mean: if Isshin used it on someone it was definitely due to someone being 'evil', right? So.. maybe Isshin someeeeee timeee agooooo saved the day with his FGT and thats why he lost his powers. And now, the NEW enemy who will later appear, will be the one on whom the FGT was used.. but he survived... ok, ok, why I'm writing this is: that would be a nice way to connect some stuff in Bleach
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    \
    2. May be Isshin blamed himself for the death of Masaki. If he had not been a shinigami, perhaps, she would not have been attacked by Fisher. He may have wanted to lose his shinigami powers after the loss of his wife.
    This is outrightly wrong as Masaki died about 6-7 years before the bleach timeline not 20 years before

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

This is far out there and doesn't make a lick of sense IMO...If so why does karin also display spiritual awareness much the same as Ichigo...even Yuzu to some extent..did isshin transfer powers to them too? (they have these powers simply because,as Aizen explained they are the children of a shinigami and a human)..

Isshin and Ichigo's zanpaktous are not identical.Isshin has Engetsu, Ichigo has zangetsu...they have similar names,have similar abilities but are not identical.Identical would be two zangetsus.We have never seen another father son shinigami pair before so we do not know the rules for zanpaktou power inheritance....for all we know it could be a normal occurence in SS
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast