Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Hell Blade by Je Tae Yoo

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell Blade by Je Tae Yoo

Author : JeTae Yoo

Artist : JeTae Yoo

Demographic : Seongin (Seinen)

Genre : Drama, Historical, Mature, Mystery, Seinen, Supernatural

Groups Scanlating : Dredshi, Scantily Clad

No. of Volumes : 04 (Ongoing)

Description

London, 1888 A.D. The entire city is consumed by fear of a serial killer known only as Jack the Ripper. He mutilates female prostitutes with extreme brutality. However, his victims hide a terrifying secret and Jack’s destiny is to continue hunting them down.

I was looking for random manhwa and found this one. Four chapters have been scanlated. Its been long time that I had a similar feeling when I started to read Berserk. The feeling of dread, hopelessness, etc. The magnitude wasn't I had for Berseerk but it was there for first 3 chapters. Anyway, this series might turn out to be very good or may be not. But worth keeping eye on it for at least few more chapters.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; April 14, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

MH's Most Passionate Member 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Seongin] Hell Blade by JeTae Yoo

Oh already started this one, long time ago, but only 3 chapters were available at that time. But i didn't have a good impression of this manhwa. All i saw was a stupid main char manipulated by the psycho woman that he love, trying to cover her.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_54.gif

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Seongin] Hell Blade by JeTae Yoo

Chapter 4 had some revelations. I will only spoil you, better you read yourself. The story isn't what it looked like in first 3 chapters. I can't say the story took a turn for good or worse.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hell Blade by JeTae Yoo

So only 4 chapters are out, and damn with chapter 4 twisting the story into a totally different direction, I can not wait for more. Have there been signs of new chapters?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, no further development. I tried to contact Scantily Clad but I got no reply from them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

I could only find 6 chapters translated, are there more out now?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumTough View Post
    I could only find 6 chapters translated, are there more out now?
    Check this out. You will find volume 2 scanlated.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mat's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The main flaw of this manhwa is that it's too short. Only five volumes... It's really a pity given that this interpretation of Jack The Reaper is really convincing. I'm glad Hell Blade talked about Crusade, Jack, Holmes, Illuminati... It's a nice "melting pot".

I don't know if Je-Tae Yoo is working on another story but I hope he will propose a Hell Blade II or something like that. Jack' deserves it !

« If you walk the path of darkness... we will most definitely meet each other again »
    "Men often act knowingly against their interest: For which reason, the view of the greatest possible good does not always influence them." (D. Hume, 1739-1740, A Treatise of Human Nature: Being an Attempt to Introduce the experimental Method of Reasoning into Moral Subjects.)

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply