Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Song of the Cloud by Ho Rang

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Song of the Cloud by Ho Rang

Title: Song of the Cloud
    Genre: School Life, Slice of Life, Drama, Romance
    Publishing Status: Completed at Naver
    Scanlating Status: Ongoing by Webtoon Live
    Writer: Ho Rang
    Artist: Ho Rang

Summary:
    These people have been living unhappy lives because they've never been able to do what they want.
    Ga Yeon's smart, but wants to become a singer. However, the Korean educational system strongly enforces studying to students without considering the goals and dreams of the student. She's been forced to live a life of suppression.
    Jae Hee is a piano player, but he's been living in constant delusion of his life. He has mental problems and cannot distinguish reality from a dream.
    Dong Woo and Min Seo are a couple who are talented musicians but cannot make music they wish to make because of the current situation of the Korean music industry.
    Hyuk's a very good guitar player, but is forced to be in an idol band, rather than what he really wants to be.
    The five come together to make a band of their own.

Personal Thoughts:
    I was first caught by the title when I was browsing through MangaUpdates. I was even more interested when I read the summary. I love stories about music, and after reading quite lots of fantasy lately, I bet switching to a series about real life would be interesting. I'm still reading it at the moment, but I can say that I'm enjoying it quite much. The art is nice, the plot is nice. I like the messages conveyed through the stories; some parts even fit me. I think it's a realistic story, thus making it interesting.

Unfortunately, it seems that the scanlation of this series by Webtoon Live is halted for some reason, although the webcomic has been completed at Naver. Links to MangaUpdates page, Naver page, and Webtoon Live page are all provided above.
    Last edited by Charlie; September 30, 2011 at 01:03 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Song of the Cloud by Ho Rang

Have just seen the latest chapter, chapter 25, which is also the end of the third episode for Dong Woo and Min Seo's story. I think it has a positive message (though things related to religion is a sensitive case). It taught us not to be too worried and do whatever you can do to improve your life and do great things instead. I like the positive messages conveyed through this series and its amazing artwork. ^^

---------- Post added October 17, 2011 at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was September 19, 2011 at 09:44 PM ----------

Interesting. The plot finally advances.

The scan by Webtoon Live is now up to chapter 28. Like I said, the plot finally catches up and moves forward. Now the small band Ga Yeon, Jae Hee, Dong Woo, and Min Seo made is going on an audition. But as you perhaps know, entertainment world is not that easy and simple. You don't only need talent, but also luck. And perhaps some connection. I'm looking forward to see how they struggle through this audition, change their future, and sing. ^^

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 33 was quite surprising. As much as I understand how pissed off the director would be with Hyuk's action, resorting to such violence is... I appreciate Hyuk's bravery, though. Spitting out such a private information on public which would greatly affect his group and his own image is something.

It also seems that from chapter 34 The Cloud, the main characters' band, is getting more recognition from the public. That is a great idea, though I'm worried if Jae Hee is getting pressured by his delusions again. I wonder what will happen to them. >__<

P.S.: Hyuk is so cool~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lunacat's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

am going to read it soon, is it like Beck in anyway?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but I don't read Beck so I couldn't tell.

I hope you will like. It presents the story in a different style but touches the right part as well. Reminds me to go check up the new chapters, I'm so late behind.

New Reply