Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga Chapter 77 Discussion/78 Predictions

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinland Saga Chapter 77 Discussion/78 Predictions

This thread is for Vinland Saga chapter 77 spoilers. If you have spoilers, please PM a moderator or admin to open this thread. Please include a link to your source in the PM.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Josef K.; October 17, 2011 at 03:43 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga Chapter 77 Spoiler Thread

Chapter is out. Honestly felt like a wasted month. An entire chapter to the idiot kid who is just an extra -.- I was so pumped up hoping Thorfinn would do something.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyhow, awesome chapter as usual. Poor Orman, but atleast he thinks he's won the match. Although, it seems like his reaction to the fact that he just killed a man isn't the same as he probably imagined. Also, Thorgin is fucking awesome. And that guy with the coin!

And another break

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter is out.

The only page I loved was the entrails all over the place. Not that I'm that kind of person, but it did really look cool.

I wonder what plans Canute has for Orman. Do you guys have any theory as to how he might use this stupid oaf?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

He will probably somehow use Orman to justify taking his father's farm without looking like an ass.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, but why Orman? He has Thorginn in his army.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice coin-throwing control, that Wulf.
    Wonder what Canute plan with this and how he made it so he can seize Ketil's land?
    It's a duel, so he can't punish Ormar because he killed his opponent. Maybe he has calculated Thorgill killing the other? He used his father's former man to get killed so he has nothing to loose. Although, the men attack first so what Thorgil did is defending his brother. I don't know if the law that time can punish him?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, Thorgin is a BEAST.

Orman is very poor skilled fellow, but you have to admit he has balls. He was outnumbered and even so he started the fight.
    He may be stupid, but at least he has pride and honor.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love it when the one guy has to give the news that Ormann didn't make it into Canute's army and he's trying to hold back his laughter.

Then there's the next page.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but why does Canute need to use Orman for Ketil's land?

Didn't Ketil already pledge allegiance to Canute? Doesn't that already mean that his services are at Canute's disposal? So I guess Canute needs Orman for something else...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I do not want to offend you but try to imagine this. Ketil bows before Knut and swears loyalty to him and gives him many gifts. Then Knut asks: "I need as many funds as I can get so please, bear with it and live in complete poverty. You should feel honoured that you could help your mighty ruler." Knut would look like a torturer in eyes of his subjects and that wouldn't be good. I actually don't know exactly why Knut needs Orman but I have some guesses.

For the chapter itself, It was great as usual. I actually understand those guys... You know, It was a Goddamn roasted pig. When you're a Dane in 11th century it has to be really humilitating. Still I think that Orman had a dull sword of some sort because he tried to slice that pig at one moment and that isn't so difficult if you have a sharp sword (knife, heh...).

I heard some people saying that Thorgill is like Thorkell and I have to disagree. In my opinion, Thorkell loves battles and wars because he can fight. But Thorgill looks like he loves wars because he can slaughter men. In my eyes it's a enormous difference. Then there's "Massacre page". If I remember then this is for the first time we can see innards so clearly. There were some scenes with innards but they (that guts) were never so detailed.

And another break. In fact I really hope that Yukimura's personal life is a-okay... I mean he takes many breaks lately.
    Last edited by You Say; September 30, 2011 at 07:04 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah I think that's a samurai thing, you can't just cut something by swinging at it, no matter how sharp your sword is, you have to slice.

I think the guts were so shocking because there hasn't been any for ages. I'm sure back when Askeladd's crew got slaughtered was just as violent. The big brother's ridiculous rage-face were so funny for the same reason. In fact the faces in this manga are getting better with each chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq View Post
    It's a duel, so he can't punish Ormar because he killed his opponent. Maybe he has calculated Thorgill killing the other? He used his father's former man to get killed so he has nothing to loose. Although, the men attack first so what Thorgil did is defending his brother. I don't know if the law that time can punish him?
    That's not how it works, killing a bunch of people, even if it was a duel or they attacked you, you end up having to pay compensation to their families/ overlords/ whatever. And even so you've still probably got a blood feud on your hands. Ketil is screwed, his sons just killed a bunch of the dead kings personal army, and the judge will be Canute.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that would sound logical. It's not like the sons can walk away with anything. Also because Thergill is a member of the same army and he just slaughtered some men >.> It will have to be taken to court maybe.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Really looking forward to see what are the mental alterations on Omar. He killed his first person, and i think he will be affected by it, though it will prollly end with him being completely normal when he kills some other human beings. I still haven't understand why Canute is planning to do that to Ketil's, but i guess that will be explained later. But once again, i am seeing Thorfinn ending have to battle ...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland Saga Chapter 77 Discussion/78 Predictions

Hey everyone I've just made the registration =)
    Anyway when I saw the last page, the face of Orman, first kill, I felt that he's gonna have an awakening just as Canute had before...
    I'm pretty sure he will be a tough soldier and he will change. Unless he dies x)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast