Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lost Shinigami Agent Arc - Purpose and Effect

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Worst Arc in Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    One Piece is so severely overrated.......and it's bored me since the Sabaody arc, which was over a hundred chapters ago, and my boredom with it has gotten much worse since we started the current arc. Personally, I think the reason it does so consistently well with fans is because Oda constantly follows the same pattern:
    1. SH's arrive at a new island
    2.new enemy appears with a dubious plan
    3. Luffy gets owned by new enemy/some kind of setback for SH crew happens
    4. something happens, somebody cries/screams
    5. Luffy comes back and beats the crap out of new enemy

Oda always gives the fans the exact pattern that they want. He doesn't switch anything up like Kubo tried to do with the Fullbring arc, taking out all the shinigami, taking away Ichigo's shinigami powers and having it focus solely on what its like for Ichigo having a normal life without having any powers and interacting with completely new characters and getting a completely new power.

However, Ginjo being revealed as an ex-substitute shinigami might help the Xcution plot....well it doesn't matter now though, since SS is here, everyone is content in Japan I would think. I was fine with SS and Ichigo owning, it made sense. Don't think it harmed the plot, though I'll be disappointed if Jackie isn't alive, want to know about her flashback. Giriko got trolled, but whatever, he was pretty quite and arrogant anyway.Tsukishima actually beating Byakuya would be a delicious surprise though, and Moe has made Fullbringers look like they have the capacity to be threatening.....and I have high expectations from Ginjo. He is a shinigami after all, so I don't think Kubo will troll him.
    I kind of agree with you, but please drop the One Piece criticism, it all started because I used it as an example of relative ratings.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    I kind of agree with you, but please drop the One Piece criticism, it all started because I used it as an example of relative ratings.
    Sorry....sometimes there are certain OP fanboys that come in on other discussions that have nothing to do with the manga and start going on about how One Piece is better than said manga and even call Oda's writing "godly" or something like that. It's so annoying. I try to stay on topic, but whenever OP criticisms start going on in a thread I'm reading I can't resist lol.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Sorry....sometimes there are certain OP fanboys that come in on other discussions that have nothing to do with the manga and start going on about how One Piece is better than said manga and even call Oda's writing "godly" or something like that. It's so annoying. I try to stay on topic, but whenever OP criticisms start going on in a thread I'm reading I can't resist lol.
    Then ignore them because rabid fanboys of any given series tend to be ignorant and wrong. Stay on topic or better yet, stay away from bad threads like these, hate posts tend to be as bad as fanboy posts.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually surprised that nobody compared this arc to SS, pre-ss, pre-arrancar and arrancar saga yet.
    But instead we are comparing them to DB and OP. Granted, we all have our own personal opinions on which one is more..godly.
    To actually stay on topic, I suggest we compare the current arc to the previous arcs to say which is worse.
    I'll rank bleach arcs according to my enjoyment of them, not sure if its allowed in this thread:
    Pre-SS > SS > Pre-Arrancar > FKT Arc (Starting from when kenpachi saves ichigo) > TBP > Fullbrings arc > Arrancar arc (where ichigo team enters hueco and fight from there.)
    But really, if ichigo vs aizen can be an "arc", it'll be the worst.
    No matter how we look at it though..over the course of 10 years Bleach only had 2 major sagas.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ChiiChoh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about the same, I used to be very excited when Bleach, Naruto and One Piece came out every Wednesdays and such; but now Bleach has kind of just drifted away from what used to be.
    The chapters now are just kind of dry.
    Akemi Rossy Miyagusuku Pinto<3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU Wavebossa...damn i been feelin like this the entire time and its jus so damn frustrating, and if you vent after each damn ridiculously inconsistent/pointless/etc chapter than u just get hated on, so im gald someone started a 'venting discussion' if i may call it so....to me the thing thats been been keeping me coming back is the art, always flawless its almost like at this point Kubo should do the art and hand over the writing to a capable writer everytime it seems like he's got a chance to redeem his story and many holes and many many untold/unfinnished details he only seems to manage to add to the list...and this isnt bashing its an observation that is just OBVIOUS

i agree wtih many of the points you made and its been bothering me forever too, Bleach seems to be a manga that requires an incredible amount of patience from its readers/fans....but DAMN....come on Kubo

this arc should definetly just end as 'the arc to get ichigo his powers back' and nothing more because its only gonna make things worse if more comes out of this situation with these convenient, yet needless fullbringers

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner WordlessDemon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Op is a good manga but to become the god of the mangas it has a lot more to go (Op fan).
    This arc i really liket it at the begining because it had a lot of misterys, but now it has dropped a little because of the fights and the part that i haven't enjoyd was the rirukka rukia fight it was sooo booring and rukia after 1 and a half year hasn't improved much i tought she was more than just talk and a midget. I hope that this arc endes with a big boom like the king of souls that comes and stopps ginjo or ichigo or somthing like this

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, for me this arc wasn't good until the fights came. I enjoyed every shinigami fight until now, even though I am a bit disappointed with Riruka vs Rukia. It's clear that Kubo made Rukia not show everything she got, so I'm just hoping that it means there's a fight prepared for her that is super awesome or something..
    plus, so far it seems likeit's not end for Riruka's story (I'm guessing Riruka possessed Rukia) and I'm quite looking forward to see what happened and what will be the consequencies.

I think the story sucked, fights were good for me.

But this arc really needs epic ending. Opening to the new arc. Hell, Royal Realm, King, whoever. The 'restart'.

ex oriente lux

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it will have an epic ending, riruka possessing rukia is pretty cool but who knows maybe she forsaw the ending of this mess and got away before she gets pawned. The fights were a little lame, because the sinigami are much more powerful then the Fullbrings users, and it was like killing time for them so i haven't seen epic fights like the ones in the other arcs (hueco mundo, karakura town).

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WordlessDemon View Post
    I hope it will have an epic ending, riruka possessing rukia is pretty cool but who knows maybe she forsaw the ending of this mess and got away before she gets pawned. The fights were a little lame, because the sinigami are much more powerful then the Fullbrings users, and it was like killing time for them so i haven't seen epic fights like the ones in the other arcs (hueco mundo, karakura town).
    Could be, if I am not horribly mistaken, Riruka didn't desire to have Ichigo's powers. She did not strike me as an evil character. I agree, except for Tsuki vs. Byakuya, the rest of the battles weren't that good.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Could be, if I am not horribly mistaken, Riruka didn't desire to have Ichigo's powers. She did not strike me as an evil character. I agree, except for Tsuki vs. Byakuya, the rest of the battles weren't that good.
    I agree, the byakuya fight was pretty amazing but not because tsuki was so powerful but because byakuya owned him in a great way, the other were just "yeah okay nice" but nothing special.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cez View Post
    Many of us has asked what the point is with the fullbring arc over the time since it started, so far, the point seems to have been revealed to be Ichigo's personal development and to give the reader new perspectives on SS, along with fresh new artworks.
    If nothing big comes out of Ichigo starting to question Soul Society after all the mistrust, then this arc would return to pointless, nothing came out of it... A story is a red line, not a circle afterall, development!
    I'd say this arc was
    1) to give our Deathberry his powers back (because it couldn't be done just like, 'One chapter, lost powers, second chapter, time-skip, third chapter let's give him his powers back... why would he need to loose them then?)
    2) expand on the hints left before (Ishida's feelings of the badge, Afro-guy not knowing about it)
    3) transition arc between two BIG arcs

4) yes, to connect us to the next arc. Attacking Soul Society? He wouldn't be able to attack half of the Cpts and Lts (bcos of the bonds, feeling etc etc. They cannot be erased just like that, by one badge thing. We have seen that Ichigo still trusts Isshin even after he was being lied to for 17 years. He didn't ask anything.). Yeah so let's let him wipe out other 2900 shinigami who are below the level of fodder. After we were told that Cpt Commander has started changing thanks to Ichigo. Especially after we've heard that the Soul King is something 'it' and awful (foreshadowing of unseating him).
    Soul Society has already started changing. Thanks to Ichigo. Ginjou can go to.....

I don't think, I just CAN'T see why should Kubo make Ichigo turn against SS.

ex oriente lux

13. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member oniichan powaa's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lost Shinigami Agent Arc - Purpose and Effect

Agree.
    I believe that this arc will connect the next arc with 'Turn the Pendulum' chapters. We'll see more about the past of SS and Ichigo (might) go against the Spirit King (for the sake of his friends, again). Just an opinion..
    Last edited by oniichan powaa; December 24, 2011 at 09:45 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4