Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genei Ryodan

    9 17.31%
  • Meruem

    43 82.69%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64

Thread: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member pirateninjahunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    OK, people believe that the King is perfect and that he has beyond human intellect. But still he is not able to beat Komugi... That goes to say that the same way there is a human better than him at a game, there might be others with a higher fight IQ.

    I don't think any of the posters here are wrong, each one of you could be right. A fight between Geneiryodan and the King in my opinion could go either way. There are so many ways the abilities of Geneiryodan can be used together to create some amazing combos!

    We know that Kuroro is a genius. At such a young age he battled the zodiac head and Silva together. I'm not saying the Zoldiac went full power, but still, Kuroro made it competitive. For instance, he is able to predict the future, that would help a lot against Meruem.

    Right now I can't think about a combo they could use to defeat Meruem. But they don't need to kill the king to win, they can just suck him with Kuroro's or shisuku's ability. Once locked inside he won't be able to get out. Once inside the vacuum or inside kuroro's hanky, they can drop rose's inside it to kill the King. Or even better, once inside, they can throw something inside the vacuum cleaner, so that the King get's weaker, and then they put him outside and Kuroro can try to copy the king's ability. But of course, it would be very difficult to get the king inside.
    Reading list in order from best to least good:
    HxH, OP, Gantz, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Berserk, D.Gray-Man, Psyren, Kamen Teacher, Zetman and Fairy Tail

  2. #17
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sátántangó
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by pirateninjahunter View Post
    OK, people believe that the King is perfect and that he has beyond human intellect. But still he is not able to beat Komugi... That goes to say that the same way there is a human better than him at a game, there might be others with a higher fight IQ.

    I don't think any of the posters here are wrong, each one of you could be right. A fight between Geneiryodan and the King in my opinion could go either way. There are so many ways the abilities of Geneiryodan can be used together to create some amazing combos!

    We know that Kuroro is a genius. At such a young age he battled the zodiac head and Silva together. I'm not saying the Zoldiac went full power, but still, Kuroro made it competitive. For instance, he is able to predict the future, that would help a lot against Meruem.

    Right now I can't think about a combo they could use to defeat Meruem. But they don't need to kill the king to win, they can just suck him with Kuroro's or shisuku's ability. Once locked inside he won't be able to get out. Once inside the vacuum or inside kuroro's hanky, they can drop rose's inside it to kill the King. Or even better, once inside, they can throw something inside the vacuum cleaner, so that the King get's weaker, and then they put him outside and Kuroro can try to copy the king's ability. But of course, it would be very difficult to get the king inside.
    You seem to be insistent on getting the Ryodan to win despite not fully understanding certain crucial points, fact that you suggest Shizuku's Deme-chan as being able to suck the king in reflects this since we all know what Shizuku's conditions are with Deme-chan which the King clearly does not fit. Also your scenario is NOT how Deme-chan works, it is NOT a battle oriented ability and your speculation fails to consider the limitations which exactly prevent such a scenario from occurring.

    Secondly, how can Kururo copy or steal the King's ability when clearly AGAIN conditions would not be met since he's using purely brute strength - he has no specific techniques that particularly stand out just his biological physique - moreover King wouldn't exactly spill the beans so easily and in terms of speed tier there would be difficulty restraining him much less capture him for skill hunter to activate.

    Finally, you seem to be underestimating the most crucial aspect of the King that you keep insisting to be the Ryodan's advantage namely intelligence. Unfortunately, as many have pointed out the King is VERY intelligent and quite tactical himself as a result of his constant battles with Komugi. Just because he could not beat Komugi doesn't mean he's any weaker since he took his losses and LEARNED from them, and he lost to the best possible person to teach him about battle tactics. He's basically been refined in his intellect, tactics, and battle experience thanks to his continuous shougi matches, which says a lot about the respect Togashi gives shougi. Add that with his naturally high physical abilities (especially speed) and vast amounts of nen, along with his way of replenishing it, the King would wipe the ants out. We just need to look at Netero who would clearly be an equivalent for many of the Ryodan already and we saw one very crucial thing which is that Netero could NOT dent the King, assuming Netero's damage would be on par with Ubo that would not bode well for the battle since they couldn't pierce through his defense.

    Plain and simple the King is hands down the strongest creature HOWEVER that is why we have the twist with poison, doesn't make him any lower on the hierarchy nor does it feel like such a cheating way to kill him since now the challenge is still staying alive till he dies.
    Last edited by Hamy; August 25, 2011 at 08:18 AM.

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member pirateninjahunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    You seem to be insistent on getting the Ryodan to win despite not fully understanding certain crucial points, fact that you suggest Shizuku's Deme-chan as being able to suck the king in reflects this since we all know what Shizuku's conditions are with Deme-chan which the King clearly does not fit. Also your scenario is NOT how Deme-chan works, it is NOT a battle oriented ability and your speculation fails to consider the limitations which exactly prevent such a scenario from occurring.

    Secondly, how can Kururo copy or steal the King's ability when clearly AGAIN conditions would not be met since he's using purely brute strength - he has no specific techniques that particularly stand out just his biological physique - moreover King wouldn't exactly spill the beans so easily and in terms of speed tier there would be difficulty restraining him much less capture him for skill hunter to activate.

    Finally, you seem to be underestimating the most crucial aspect of the King that you keep insisting to be the Ryodan's advantage namely intelligence. Unfortunately, as many have pointed out the King is VERY intelligent and quite tactical himself as a result of his constant battles with Komugi. Just because he could not beat Komugi doesn't mean he's any weaker since he took his losses and LEARNED from them, and he lost to the best possible person to teach him about battle tactics. He's basically been refined in his intellect, tactics, and battle experience thanks to his continuous shougi matches, which says a lot about the respect Togashi gives shougi. Add that with his naturally high physical abilities (especially speed) and vast amounts of nen, along with his way of replenishing it, the King would wipe the ants out. We just need to look at Netero who would clearly be an equivalent for many of the Ryodan already and we saw one very crucial thing which is that Netero could NOT dent the King, assuming Netero's damage would be on par with Ubo that would not bode well for the battle since they couldn't pierce through his defense.

    Plain and simple the King is hands down the strongest creature HOWEVER that is why we have the twist with poison, doesn't make him any lower on the hierarchy nor does it feel like such a cheating way to kill him since now the challenge is still staying alive till he dies.
    So, are you trying to say that it is impossible for Geneiryodan to win?
    The King is not perfect, e.g. he loses to Komugi in shougi.
    It is possible to beat him.
    What I am understanding is the following:
    YOU: it is impossible for Geneiryodan to beat the King.
    ME: is is possible for Geneiryodan to beat the King. I am not saying they always win, but it is possible. Maybe not even probable, but still possible.

    What I like about HxH is that nen volume is not everything, the way you use your nen abilities is what matters the most. Even if Meruem could tank through many nen abilities, I am pretty sure that there exist some nen abilities that match up well against Meruem.

    I know there are conditions to be met for Kuroro's ability to work. I just didn't write them here, I know it would be difficult for the conditions to be met. I know. And the King does have one ability, it is the ability to acquire nen abilities by eating nen users.

    Don't worry, I see your arguments as to why it would be difficult for Geneiryodan to win. Thanks for the reply.
    Reading list in order from best to least good:
    HxH, OP, Gantz, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Berserk, D.Gray-Man, Psyren, Kamen Teacher, Zetman and Fairy Tail

  4. #19
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sátántangó
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by pirateninjahunter View Post
    So, are you trying to say that it is impossible for Geneiryodan to win?
    The King is not perfect, e.g. he loses to Komugi in shougi.
    It is possible to beat him.
    What I am understanding is the following:
    YOU: it is impossible for Geneiryodan to beat the King.
    ME: is is possible for Geneiryodan to beat the King. I am not saying they always win, but it is possible. Maybe not even probable, but still possible.

    What I like about HxH is that nen volume is not everything, the way you use your nen abilities is what matters the most. Even if Meruem could tank through many nen abilities, I am pretty sure that there exist some nen abilities that match up well against Meruem.

    I know there are conditions to be met for Kuroro's ability to work. I just didn't write them here, I know it would be difficult for the conditions to be met. I know. And the King does have one ability, it is the ability to acquire nen abilities by eating nen users.

    Don't worry, I see your arguments as to why it would be difficult for Geneiryodan to win. Thanks for the reply.
    Here is the problem with you and Komugi she only beats him in ONE aspect, he beats her in every other way no question about it. The King unfortunately is FAR from being as specialized as Komugi so that he certainly has MANY other aspects which he surpasses his foes, and unfortunately because of his multi-faceted nature he's able to incorporate that quite well in a battle to win. Thing is you shouldn't consider hierarchy by a loss - remember Kuroro was outwitted by Hisoka by your logic that would mean Hisoka > Kuroro.

    You also have to consider you've never mentioned how it would take a rose bomb point blank to beat the King, which is where Komugi can come in again as you notice in BOTH instance human intellect triumphs not brute strength. In other words THERE IS a possibility to defeat the King assuming the Ryodan - which shouldn't be that impossible - procures a Rose bomb and manages to detonate it in close range to the King which would easily end up killing him. However, the difficulty would be in LURING the King alone, he had reason to face Netero as he wanted something but in this situation of a hypothetical match up there is nothing the Ryodan could offer. Kuroro COULD devise a trap with the Rose, and with Shalnark to help it would be great help here. However, because the King has developed an ability to see through lies lets just say that should add a new difficulty in trapping him.

    However, in facing the King off in a battle royale as the discussions have so far been geared towards clearly the King is at an overwhelming advantage to easily kill them, just by the fact that they cannot dent him. You also fail to realize why Skill Hunter would be useless since the King would not speak of his "ability" - if you consider devouring to be his nen ability which I sincerely doubt it to be but rather attribute as a natural mechanism as we've seen with the Queen giving birth to ants with nen abilities after devouring people with nen. Moreover, the King only releases a godly amount of Nen aura that surrounds him which amps up his offense - his nen abilities are so far the ones he has gained from his Royal Guards but they are more of a mix of a nen ability/physical enhancement. Simply put the King has no pure hatsu technique for Kuroro to exploit so as to steal and seal his nen, hence Skill hunter would be useless other than providing possible skills to help him stay alive.

    Edit: Also given what we've seen with the Ryodan so far it is possible that there are members who cannot fight all out when they are in a group. Feitan is a case in point remember how his ability is indiscriminate hence it would damage his allies. Ubo and Nobu would be an issue for a long range fighter like Franklin who would not need obstacles in his way as he fires his bullets. The list can go on but point is you seem to be thinking that because they are a group it would be possible for them to fight with teamwork. Their style so far as shown is to split up individually - rarely do they work in a duo - and try to keep out of each others way.
    Last edited by Hamy; August 25, 2011 at 09:50 AM.

  5. #20
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Obviously it is plausible for someone to be better than the king at something very specific but that does not mean every skilled person around could have something he is better than the king.

    Based on what we know and the many aspects that a fight can take, where is the king inferior to the ryodan? Lets consider the many factors a fight involves.

    nen amount:

    In general the least important aspect. Even then, we have every reason to believe the king has more nen than the ryodan combined. Nen amount can be directly correlated to your basic attack and defense though and in this regard we have every reason to believe is insanely stronger than the ryodan. his nen amount can also be correlated to his speed. Knuckle is an insanely skilled hunter, perhaps even capable of matching a ryodan fighting member, and he still did not even react to the kings speed.

    Resistance to damage:

    Before getting the power of the royal guard he was strong enough to quite literally take a nuke and survive. Now he is much stronger than that. Is there one among the ryodan members that can even come close to a nuke? I honestly doubt it.

    Intellect:
    I already wrote about this. The king is a supremely tactical fighter on top of being impossibly fast, impossibly strong and impossibly resistant to damage.

    Fighting abilities:
    The king just got every ability that yupi and pufu had and took them a step further. He can shot kamehamehas and blow up a mountain effortlessly. His en is so wide it is impossible to hide from him in a fight. he can fly meaning he has instant highground advantage in any fight.

    Phinx and franklins abilities can be tanked with greater amounts of nen since they are pretty straighforward. Anyways, if netero's hundreds of thousands of attacks barely put a scratch on the king I doubt any of these two has a chance. From feitan we have only seen one ability which involves an armor and a sun like thingy.If a nuke did not kill the king then this would not even warm him up.

    Shalnark is a manipulation type which means he actually has a shot at controlling the king if he manages to put his anthena in place. Problem? Putting the anthena in place should be pretty close to impossible given the sheer physical capacities of the king. Using the anthena on himself would be stupid, there is no way it can bring him even remotely close to the king.

    The mommy guy would be interesting although he is most likely outclassed in every physical aspect to begin with. I doubt his meteor would even begin to put a scratch on the king either.

    Kuroro is the one with the actual chance of doing anything since he does have many abilities although he still has the need to react to the kings movements. It is extremely likely he also cannot react to the kings movements.

    The king is being killed by poison for a reason, he is simply too strong, too fast, too smart as a fighter....

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    I am tempted to believe that Meryem is almost invencible.

    However, we can never tell the outcome of a battle beetween Nem users, and the Ryodan have several different abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  7. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by pirateninjahunter View Post
    Right now I can't think about a combo they could use to defeat Meruem. But they don't need to kill the king to win, they can just suck him with Kuroro's or shisuku's ability. Once locked inside he won't be able to get out. Once inside the vacuum or inside kuroro's hanky, they can drop rose's inside it to kill the King. Or even better, once inside, they can throw something inside the vacuum cleaner, so that the King get's weaker, and then they put him outside and Kuroro can try to copy the king's ability. But of course, it would be very difficult to get the king inside.
    Sorry but i laughed at this one
    Shikuzus Vakuum Cleaner can only suck in dead things or materials.
    And for Kuroro to steal (he did not copy them) abilities there are plenty of prerequisites required.
    For example: The Nen user from wich he wants to steal the ability he needs them to tell him about what the ability does. Then the User has to put his hand on Kuroros book. Also, and thats the most important thing, if the Nen User dies, Kuroro cannot use the ability again.

    Be sure you read Hunter X Hunter properly before making such predictions again.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    All the Spiders?

    Does Hisoka count?
    What about Uvogin?
    And Kalluto?

    I say the King dies but takes out about half the spiders.

    Now King plus Pitou, Pouf, and Youpi vs the Spiders?

    There's a battle.

  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    All the Spiders?

    Does Hisoka count?
    What about Uvogin?
    And Kalluto?

    I say the King dies but takes out about half the spiders.

    Now King plus Pitou, Pouf, and Youpi vs the Spiders?

    There's a battle.
    Even the Ryodan combined wouldn't do any harm to the King. Because they are simply no match for him. Yupi alone would murder them same goes for Pitou, they might have a chance against, Pufu but that wouldn't be an easy tasl either.

    http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/Hunt.../191162-9.html
    http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/Hunt...191162-10.html

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  11. #25
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Fiji
    Age
    27
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    All the Spiders?

    Does Hisoka count?
    What about Uvogin?
    And Kalluto?

    I say the King dies but takes out about half the spiders.

    Now King plus Pitou, Pouf, and Youpi vs the Spiders?

    There's a battle.
    I don't understand why people keep underestimating Meryem's speed and armor despite the earlier posts. What I don't understand more is that people just say "oh hell Meryem would be defeated" then not say a word about how theyre going to be able to pull it off. Oh well.

    Even if you add Hisoka, Uvogin and Kalluto they're not gonna add anything mindblowingly phenomenal to the fight, just more corpses. Good luck with any of them catching up to Meryem first.

    Protip:

    If by any chance Meryem ingests Shalnark's Black Voice antenna maybe he could be controlled but good luck with that happening in the first place.

    Protip:

    Also, as Phinks, try to enter the battle after swinging your arm for like a hundred thousand times already and keep swingin while in the battle. If you're feeling lucky you might destroy Meryem along with the whole planet. That is, if that's how it works (by giving you infinite power with infinite swings).

  12. #26
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    To be honest I would think the royal guard would still be within the range of the ryodan. It would be an unlikely victory for the most part but at least plausible. Feitan actually burning pufu seems plausible for instance. Still, each royal guard having as much nen as the ryodan combined is not that far fetched and we don't have to forget that the royal guard are strong enough to take people like kaito or knuckle with ease overall.

  13. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    I still don't see how the Ryodan could beat Meruem. Meruem before his power up could still solo the whole Ryodan.

    If Meruem could survive this I don't see how something like Feitan's or Phinks ability could do any worse.

    Spoiler show

    Spoiler show

    The King has some insane durability.
    Last edited by Netero; August 27, 2011 at 09:52 PM.

    HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

    "That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

  14. #28
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Fiji
    Age
    27
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    I still don't see how the Ryodan could beat Meruem. Meruem before his power up could still solo the whole Ryodan.

    If Meruem could survive this I don't see how something like Feitan's or Phinks ability could do any worse.

    Spoiler show

    Spoiler show

    The King has some insane durability.
    Also Zero ignores Meryem's speed because Kannon appears behind the enemy and traps it with its hands. So by far its the most sure-fire Nen-based way of damaging Meryem we've seen (Uber Gon could still miss the kick he launched Pitou with on Meryem).

    The more interesting matchup I think would be the Royal Guards vs. Ryodan. However the Ants still have an edge.

  15. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by NoFreakingWay View Post
    Also Zero ignores Meryem's speed because Kannon appears behind the enemy and traps it with its hands. So by far its the most sure-fire Nen-based way of damaging Meryem we've seen (Uber Gon could still miss the kick he launched Pitou with on Meryem).

    The more interesting matchup I think would be the Royal Guards vs. Ryodan. However the Ants still have an edge.
    Royal Guards vs the Ryodan would be a pretty cool match up. I agree the three Ants would definitely have the edge in the fight.
    Last edited by Netero; August 28, 2011 at 01:05 AM.

    HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

    "That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    First time poster here, though a long time HXH fan.

    First of all the talk between Zeno and Kuroro just goes to reinforce the fact that you cannot know anything for sure unless you know each other's ability completely. It's pretty clear Zeno is far stronger than Kuroro in any tangible measurement, i.e. aura level, raw power, experience, and probably even tactics (Zeno saw through all of Kuroro's tactics easily). However this doesn't mean much when you don't know what kind of aura power the other guy may have. Zeno is an assassin who is very interested in getting out of his mission alive. He is not going to say he has this much aura power so no way he's going to lose. He clearly has no idea what kind of ability Kuroro may have on that book, so even though he can tell he is stronger, he's not going to risk his life for no reason. That's why he said he'd almost certain win a normal battle but can't say the same if it was to the death. For all he knows maybe Kuroro has an ability that only works on assassins!

    Meryem cannot be compared to the Spiders, even in his initial form. Novu said that it's okay if the rest of the assault team got wiped out by the Royals as long as they defeated Meryem. This implies by himself Meryem is considered a threat to humanity itself. If the Spiders can defeat him that'd mean they too are a threat to humanity itself. This simply is not true. If Kuroro didn't hire his own assassins there was a good chance a significant portion of the Spiders would be taken out by Silva and Zeno.

    At any rate a fight between Meryem and Spiders would have answer the question how is the fight going to start. If Meryem is in 'dinner' mode, the fight would begin with a significant portion of the Spiders missing their head or at least a limb, possibly including Kuroro (there is no reason to believe he is the top 3 most capable physical fighter out of Spiders themselves), and of course each person he kills would make him even stronger. When Meryem first met Zeno and Netero, Zeno and Netero were momentarily distracted and both of them realized that they could've died for just taking their eyes off Meryem for even a split second. If being distracted for a split second could've killed Netero, I don't see how the much weaker average Spider member would stand a chance even if they've their full attention on Meryem.

    However, Meryem could be in his more human side, and in this form he clearly wants to find a challenge. After all, he gave Netero a considerable handicap (he promised he wouldn't kill him). I'd imagine Meryem might give Spiders something like no killing (from him), and he must give the Spiders some kind of lead time to charge up attacks. This criteria is crucial because if Meryem can attack first he'd just remove the limbs of all the spider and that'd pretty much stop any of the abilities the Spiders possess. That said even if they have time to plan and execute an attack, there's no way the Spiders can dish out enough damage to hurt Meryem physically. I'm going to assume there's no way they're going to be able to stick an antenna in his body (the antenna wouldn't stick even on grunts without an opening), and Phinx won't just get to spend his arm a million times. The only attack that may affect him is by sucking up his blood (Shizuku). It's pretty clear that he does bleed and presumably even he will die if he lost all his bloodm though given Shizuku's rock bottom physical ability, it's hard to imagine how she can continue doing that once Meryem realize what's going on.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts