Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genei Ryodan

    9 17.31%
  • Meruem

    43 82.69%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member pirateninjahunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Who do you guys do you think would win in a battle between the King and the entire Geneiryodan?

    Let's assume that Lucifer will be fighting as well!
    Reading list in order from best to least good:
    HxH, OP, Gantz, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Berserk, D.Gray-Man, Psyren, Kamen Teacher, Zetman and Fairy Tail

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Ah crap this is very hard to call... I want to say Meruem because he's basically on par with some DBZ SSJ level characters but... vs all the Geneiryodan I just don't know!!

    HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

    "That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Meruem would instant kill the weaker ones like Kurotopi for instance. And afterwards he would feast on them because he considers them as rare food, gaining extra Nen abilities and adding their Nen to his own. This fight wouldn't be funny because he would never run out of power (Nen) he is basically a ever rechargeable battery. To make it clear.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    I'm just going to pick Meruem. Like Host samurai said he would just kill and feed off the weaker members easily. Then go Rage beam, use instant transmission ah what ever the hell he want's to kill off the stronger members like Phinks, Feitan, Kuroro, etc
    Last edited by Netero; August 22, 2011 at 03:06 PM.

    HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

    "That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member pirateninjahunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    I believe that Geneiryodan can win. They might be able to trick the king, because they are also smart. And also Lucifer is very, very, very strong! He might be one of the top 5 nen users today, imo. He has way too many abilities, and probably there are some abilities that would help defeating the king.

    And when you say that the king will kill some of them right away, I don't think that would necessarily happen. If Geneiryodan expects the King to attack right away, they will be prepared for it. Abilities in HxH are very useful! I don't think the King would be able to tank his way through all of Geneiryodan's abilities. One example is the fact that the King was not able to kill Knuckle's mascot.
    Reading list in order from best to least good:
    HxH, OP, Gantz, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Berserk, D.Gray-Man, Psyren, Kamen Teacher, Zetman and Fairy Tail

  6. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by pirateninjahunter View Post
    I believe that Geneiryodan can win. They might be able to trick the king, because they are also smart. And also Lucifer is very, very, very strong! He might be one of the top 5 nen users today, imo. He has way too many abilities, and probably there are some abilities that would help defeating the king.

    And when you say that the king will kill some of them right away, I don't think that would necessarily happen. If Geneiryodan expects the King to attack right away, they will be prepared for it. Abilities in HxH are very useful! I don't think the King would be able to tank his way through all of Geneiryodan's abilities. One example is the fact that the King was not able to kill Knuckle's mascot.
    I have to disagree with you. Lucifer is a strong one but he is not that strong comparing him to the likes like Netero, Zeno, the Royal guards and especially the King. And because he has many abilities doesn't necessarly mean that one might have the advantage. IIRC his abilitiy backfired when he was fighting Silva and Zeno due to Zeno outsmarting him. And on a sidenote Lucifer has a lot of condition/ or in this case restriction, which he must keep in mind. (I don't want to go in details as to what the conditions are, at least not in this thread) Since Meruem is also portrayed as a highly intelligent being I think he would also see through him. He already did such a thing, when he fought Netero.

    Well, the thing is that his speed is beyond anything that we have seen so far in the manga. He traveled a huge distance in a small amount of time, when he used his En for the first time and captured Meloreon and Knuckle in a flash!!! This says a lot about his speed and I personally doubt that anyone of the Ryodan would be able to react. That was a really bad example because Potclean can't be destroyed by anything.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  7. #7
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Country
    Philippine
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    ^kuroro is around zeno's level. read york shin. kuroro asks zeno who will win between them in a fight, zeno said "of course i will. but it will be a different story if you were tying to kill me."

    in any case, meruem would rape, sadly. the ryodan might have 40% chance with the old mereum, but not against this regenerated, overpowered new one

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    680
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    If by any chance Feitan survives the Kings attack, but is also near death, Feitans Ability will be at full power...

    Because as from what we´ve seen in the battle against the Reptile Queen, we could assume that to use his ability to the fulest he has to get damage, and the more damage he takes the more powerfull will his attack be.


    ... i guess my grammar will kill me at this post...
    Last edited by BurnSchulz; August 22, 2011 at 05:27 PM.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #9
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Fiji
    Age
    27
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
    ^kuroro is around zeno's level. read york shin. kuroro asks zeno who will win between them in a fight, zeno said "of course i will. but it will be a different story if you were tying to kill me."

    in any case, meruem would rape, sadly. the ryodan might have 40% chance with the old mereum, but not against this regenerated, overpowered new one
    Of course we could just interpret this as the old "Grandpa Humility" effect. We've seen this with Netero, who lowered himself to Novu and Morau's level. When it's clearly not the case. My opinion on Kuroro's strength is that he's below Zeno but he's somewhat near, only because of the mysterious contents of his Skill Hunter.

    Kuroro - Skill Hunter + the skills inside it
    Feitan - Pain Packer
    Uvo (yes I'm gonna include him) - Big Bang Impact
    Franklin - Double Machine Gun
    Phinks - Ripper Cyclotron
    Bonorenolf - Le Batte Cantabile
    Shizuku - Demechan
    Shalnark - Black Voice
    Nobunaga - unnamed En "instant" reaction attack
    Pakunoda - Memory Bullets
    Kurotopi - Right Hand of Devil, Left Hand of God
    Karuto - The paper manipulation technique

    VS.

    Meryem 2 (the current Meryem)

    Doesn't look good for the Ryodan.

    To damage Meryem one must surpass the damage input of Hyakushiki Zero multiple times.

    Of all the Hatsus from the Ryodan we've seen so far, maybe Ripper Cyclotron would do the trick, only if it give Phinks infinite power after infinite swings. But that's unlikely. Phinks might die immediately before he gets an arm swing off (Kamehameha in the face?).

    If Indoor Fish ignores all defense then Meryem is in trouble. Then again, it's too easy for Meryem to just whiz past that and get to Kuroro's neck. Of course, there might be a lot of other deadly Hatsus Kuroro might have in his book, but I won't count on them for now.

    Or, of course, Kurotopi can cheat and copy tons of freaking Roses.

    There's also the issue of speed. How do you heck do you handle something like Instant Transmission? Who in the Ryodan can handle that? Speculation aside, nobody. Because Kuroro couldn't even get past Zeno, and Feitan couldn't even completely avoid damage with his speed in his fight against Zazan.

    We all know what Meryem is capable of, damage-wise. He can OHKO decently-leveled beings like Knuckle and blasts mountains with ease.

    So I can understand why Togashi didn't have the entire Ryodan (with a possibly rehabilitated Kuroro) fight Meryem 2. Because he doesn't want them to die and give them more appearances in the future for the fanboys and girls. But yeah, I forgot about plot armor for a second, so...

    Doesn't look good for the Ryodan at all.
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; August 23, 2011 at 02:10 AM.

  11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #10
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Yami Sekai
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Genei Ryodan would win
    the king is not immortal hes beat able
    just think about the abilitys of the ryodan they are alone already extrem strong
    combinated no chance

    i hate when people misunderestimate the ryodan they are powerfull
    Last edited by Kiba; August 23, 2011 at 06:59 AM.

  13. #11
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    I think there is a very real possibility that the king actually moves faster than what the ryodan can react. I mean, the king can move around 1 km at least in one second or less from what we have seen which is quite insane. The ryodan are all extremely high level fighters but if the king has that kind of speed then they have trouble.

    Ubo would not be able to do a thing. His attacks can be countered with sheer amounts of nen IMO.
    Feitan could perhaps pull something due to him having many abilities apparently but going as far as winning? I doubt it....
    Franklin: Similar scenario to uvo. He wouldn't get past the kings nen defenses.
    Phinx: An infinite number of spins would perhaps work but at a great cost... I doubt he would get a number nearly high enough before the king basically blits him.
    Shizuku: Her ability is probably one of the more unusuals, rare and deep in the ryodan but I have my doubts about what she could do. I doubt she would get past the kings defenses.
    Nobunaga: I doubt he is nearly as fast as the king. Maybe his reinforced sword can get past the kings defenses but other than that I think he would go through the same as the rest.

    The problem with the king is not the sheer amount of nen he has. He is an infinitely tactical fighter, he applies every bit of his intellect to his fights. Its not an easy enemy to fight at all to say the least....

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    Genei Ryodan would win
    the king is not immortal hes beat able
    just think about the abilitys of the ryodan they are alone already extrem strong
    combinated no chance

    i hate when people misunderestimate the ryodan they are powerfull
    We don't underestimate the Ryodan, we are simply stating the facts of the manga. Meruem and his Royal Guards set the Nen level (amount of Nen) bar even higher!!! Meruem alone would wipe the floor with the Ryodan on any day of the week because Togashi himself displayed him like that. He is the sole being, who is the sole exception of how the amount of Nen alone isn't a guarantee for a win. Here is a reminder.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  16. #13
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    The ryodan are indeed extremely powerful but only to human standards. Mereum has everything a fighter needs, he is a perfect fighter. He has superior intellect, he is a supremely tactical fighter. His ability to see past his enemy's tactics is so overwhelming he could even predict taking netero's arms hundreds of thousands of attacks before doing it. Not a single human alive could ever hope to match his tactical prowess in battle. He has uncanny amounts of nen. Even before he absorbed the royal guard he most likely had more nen than all the ryodan combined. Now he has the combined nen of ten ryodans lol (ok, maybe not THAT much but you get my point). Then we go for nen abilities. He acquired pufu's abilities, took them a step further, and he also has yupi's techniques which should be overwhelmingly powerful with his sheer amount of nen. The fact is that the manga has portrayed the king as a perfect fighter at least, beyond human standards (lets also consider the togashi intends to kill the king with poison, not through combat).

  17. #14
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Country
    Philippine
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by NoFreakingWay View Post
    Of course we could just interpret this as the old "Grandpa Humility" effect. We've seen this with Netero, who lowered himself to Novu and Morau's level. When it's clearly not the case. My opinion on Kuroro's strength is that he's below Zeno but he's somewhat near, only because of the mysterious contents of his Skill Hunter.
    there's no indication that zeno was being "humble." in netero's case novu and morau said it themselves. not with zeno.

    kuroro>=zeno

  18. #15
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Fiji
    Age
    27
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Geneiryodan Vs Meruem

    Quote Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
    there's no indication that zeno was being "humble." in netero's case novu and morau said it themselves. not with zeno.

    kuroro>=zeno
    As I've said in the post, Kuroro couldn't even get past Zeno. Kuroro couldn't really find a way to just go there and steal Zeno's ability. Yes I know Silva is there annoying the heck out of Kuroro. But assuming he already has a chock-full of defensive and evasive Nen-abiities in his book it's surprising he couldn't come up with something better than Owl's giant handkerchief. Assuming he didn't have enough exotic abilties to defend and attack with, it still doesn't clear Kuroro out of his shortcoming. He's just still too young and inexperienced in comparison to Zeno. Why? Just take a look back at the scenes. Zeno was in Kuroro's face at some point. He could've surprised the old man by sacrificing some of his defense for trapping him with the hanky. Because we know the hanky shrinks people regardless of nen amount right? Right. That happened to Nobunaga, and hands down Nobunaga is stronger than Owl. Why couldn't Kuroro do it then?

    Kuroro was too slow to have responded to both the flare of Silva's aura and Zeno's Dragon Head. And I don't recall Dragon's Head being that extremely fast at all.

    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14108...hapter-99.html

    Besides, Kuroro couldn't get a hit in on Zeno. In that instance he was tied up Kuroro had one more hand free, because Zeno was holding Kuroro's leg and just pelted him with punches:

    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14108...hapter-99.html

    If Kuroro was indeed better than Zeno he could've countered Zeno's one hand flurry, but he couldn't. Because he put himself in such a dumb position (he got caught in Dragon Head, which wasn't that fast-moving).

    Now I know that Kuroro is supposed to be physically and defensively weak because he's from Specialization and Zeno's from Transformation (if you didn't get this, it's because Specialization is the farthest from Reinforcement and Transformation is just beside Specialization). But if he indeed is better he had to have some things that would compensate for that. The skills that he stole didn't do much for him in the battle (was only able to utilize one stolen Hatsu which gave away his plan and characteristics of his own Hatsu), and it showed a glaring weakness because he doesn't probably have an original Hatsu for situations like that, except...

    Remember how Kuroro teleported Nobunaga away from Hisoka? People say it's a stolen Hatsu.

    So why didn't he use it in this battle?

    That just shows Kuroro just didn't have quick enough thinking to be better than Zeno. He had mental missteps with stolen Hatsu usage and that cost him the fight. If he just strategically used the giant hanky and the teleportation ability he could have freaking won. But he just didn't think quick enough.

    I can give credit Kuroro for facing the former and current of the Zoldick assassin family franchise, but the encounter really didn't make him any better than Zeno at all. He had some pretty bad decisions in that and Zeno pounced on them all (of course, as well as Silva, but's he more of a bait, annoyer and finisher than the aggressor in the battle).

    And this?

    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14109...apter-100.html

    Judging Zeno's talkativeness at times he could have just trash-talked his way into Kuroro's brain to give him nightmares. So he was still restraining himself. He's "humble" at that point. About Zeno's quote "If you had decided to fight with all of your strength, it would be a different story", that most likely means "you'll get hurt more than you are right now, but shyeah that would mean we'd hurt ourselves in the process as well", because that's what exactly happened in this fight, although in an obviously lesser note. For that quote to mean "yeah you would have won if you used all your strength" doesn't make sense because statements before ("Pff, Me, of course") and after ("You really thought didn't understand your game?") imply Kuroro was already lesser than Zeno. So Zeno could only mean "yeah you'll just get whopped harder but I'll also get hurt in the process though". And Zeno sure doesn't want to get hurt or die. That's how it is a "different story".
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; August 24, 2011 at 02:35 AM.

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts