Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: HSDK 443 Discussion / 444 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 443 Discussion / 444 Predictions

Chapter is out:

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/443

This is for chapter discussion and predictions, yeah.

There you go dude! they officially gave each other´s scars.

I can´t help but agree with Akira, if Suzuki wanted to die as a martial artist then you have no right to choose for him anything! luckily for the Katsujinken there is the "Obey the winner" rule.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; August 23, 2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: I, for one obey the loser hahaha!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 443 Discussion / 444 Predictions

Awesome chapter this week. Saw a lot of karate moves being used and I'm very curious as to what Sakaki's kill move is even if he never uses it.

Next chapter will have the conclusion and I for one, can't wait for it.

I have to say that Sakaki was being a bit selfish but at the same time I couldn't fault him for wanting his friend to be alive and teach karate to kids.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Philosophically I don't agree with Hongo at all. Sakaki wanted Suzuki to live a long life helping others. In other words living according to the teaching of the Katsujin-ken. Sakaki wasn't being selfish at all. Suzuki was being selfish and Hongo was being thoughtless and uncaring. But that is often the way of the Satsujin-ken.

Oh and when I read that the next chapter is 3 weeks from now I almost fainted.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbear View Post
    Philosophically I don't agree with Hongo at all. Sakaki wanted Suzuki to live a long life helping others. In other words living according to the teaching of the Katsujin-ken. Sakaki wasn't being selfish at all. Suzuki was being selfish and Hongo was being thoughtless and uncaring. But that is often the way of the Satsujin-ken.

Oh and when I read that the next chapter is 3 weeks from now I almost fainted.
    I think you do not understand how sakaki was being selfish. Hajime had a particular ambition and a particular way in which he wanted to live his life. He wanted to be the strongest karate user or at the very least die trying. He was willing to die for that particular dream (kinda like a duh comment but still worth mentioned). Hongo understood hajime in that regard and gave him an honest chance of fulfilling his ambition, his true desire. In turn, sakaki disregarded hajime's wishes, he wanted for hajime a life that the guy had no interest in whatsoever. Hongo honored hajime's wishes while sakaki disregarded them. You could almost say sakaki wanted to impose his own will on hajime in a extreme case. Sakaki was selfish because for his own principle he would not give hajime a chance at his dream and he would rather impose a lifestyle on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i the only one who gets impression Hongo wants to be killed by Sakaki?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

This is hard to decide because Hajime wanted to burn brightly even if temporarily but Sakaki wanted him to burn mellow but for as long as possible. The situation is exceptional, who could stand by & watch their friends fight to the death but, it was his friends choice. I think if Hajime died fighting a third party Sakaki would respect it but to Hongo its different. So I side with Hajime, free will is all we have

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    Am i the only one who gets impression Hongo wants to be killed by Sakaki?
    I get what you mean but that is not the impression I had. hongo wants to very much kill sakaki but he wants to do it under his own terms, not sakaki's. As far as hongo is concerned, sakaki is pulling his punches since sakaki is not fighting to kill. He wants sakaki to fight while being willing to kill which is what hongo sees as fighting seriously. I don't think hongo will consider the fight a victory if he thinks sakaki held his punches back in any way. I wonder if sakaki will actually use the move hongo mentioned though. It makes no sense for the move to be mentioned if it is never going to be used...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What you are all missing is that Sakaki has choosen the Katsujin-ken and Katsujin-ken's principles are "Do not kill" and "Do not allow yourself to be killed." To Sakaki death of any kind on the battlefield is to be avoided. And how is wanting someone else to live, when they had every chance of living, selfish?

@kkck: I do understand how Hongo thinks Sakaki is being selfish. But the character Hongo doesn't understand that Sakaki views Martial Arts as a way to LIVE as true to yourself as possible. Dying even while being true to yourself, in terms of the Katsujin-ken, is a cop out--the easy way out. Living and struggling on no matter what is hard. Hongo doesn't understand this. And apparently kkck neither do you.

And as to whether or not Sakaki is holding back, of course he isn't. He's fighting all out. But to someone following the path of Katsujin-ken withholding your strength to keep others from getting hurt too much or getting killed IS fighting with everything you have.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like in this department Agaard bested Akira. Agaard thought of the Katsujinken as another path to power and by no means weaker than the Satsujinken (When he praised Apachai for holding back despite being a Dou user). When a Satsujinken is like this they are on the "Lawful Evil" side and I do not see them as inferior to a Katsujinken just because of the "Life-Death" philosophy. We agree to disagree.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbear View Post
    What you are all missing is that Sakaki has choosen the Katsujin-ken and Katsujin-ken's principles are "Do not kill" and "Do not allow yourself to be killed." To Sakaki death of any kind on the battlefield is to be avoided. And how is wanting someone else to live, when they had every chance of living, selfish?

@kkck: I do understand how Hongo thinks Sakaki is being selfish. But the character Hongo doesn't understand that Sakaki views Martial Arts as a way to LIVE as true to yourself as possible. Dying even while being true to yourself, in terms of the Katsujin-ken, is a cop out--the easy way out. Living and struggling on no matter what is hard. Hongo doesn't understand this. And apparently kkck neither do you.

And as to whether or not Sakaki is holding back, of course he isn't. He's fighting all out. But to someone following the path of Katsujin-ken withholding your strength to keep others from getting hurt too much or getting killed IS fighting with everything you have.
    You crazy or something lol? I was not explaining my own views here, I was merely attempting to explain hajime's and akira's perspective. In this particular case, as far as akira and hajime were concerned, sakaki was outright not giving a fuck about their views. Sakaki could have wanted hajime to live until he was 150 but hajime would have still preferred to live until 21 and dying the strongest karate master. Akira honored hajime's wish and gave him an honest chance at his wish. Sakaki ignored hajime's wish and would do everything in his power to stop him from getting there.

You can say sakaki is not holding back but he is still never going to go for akira's vital points nor use his deadly techniques. These has been referred to as the chains of the katsujinken before in the manga. Sakaki is being as brutal as this chains allow him too but many would still say that is in some form holding back.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ej619ako's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 444 is up! Nice chapter for me can't wait for 445.

Spoiler show
    Top 3 Favorite Manga:
    1. One Piece
    2. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    3. Fullmetal Alchemist

others: Detective Conan, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Mahou Sensei Negima!, Bleach, Naruto Shaman King, To-Love-Ru, Rosario+Vampire I & II, Eyeshield 21, Aiki, Rurouni Kenshin, Etc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ej619ako View Post
    Chapter 444 is up! Nice chapter for me can't wait for 445.

Spoiler show
    I have already made a thread about the chapter

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ej619ako's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    I have already made a thread about the chapter
    o sori bout that, didn't noticed it .
    Top 3 Favorite Manga:
    1. One Piece
    2. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    3. Fullmetal Alchemist

others: Detective Conan, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Mahou Sensei Negima!, Bleach, Naruto Shaman King, To-Love-Ru, Rosario+Vampire I & II, Eyeshield 21, Aiki, Rurouni Kenshin, Etc

New Reply