Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Which Female Fighter is left standing?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harribel low-mid difficulty

10 52.63%
  • Harribel high-extremely high diffiuclty

5 26.32%
  • Soifon high-extremely high diffiuclty

3 15.79%
  • Soifon low-mid difficulty

1 5.26%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harribel vs Soifon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Harribel vs Soifon

3rd Espada vs 2nd Division Captain

Starting Distance: 65 meters
    Knowledge: Full
    Restrictions: None
    SOM: In character but intent to kill.
    Harribel - Soifon just tapped all of her fraccions
    SoiFon - Harribel just took Yoruichi away from her

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tengou's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harribel vs Soifon

Funny how that Harribel picture has outlined nipples, even though in reality she has bone segments covering them.

We saw what happened when Harribel forwent her great physical advantage against Hitsugaya and decided to play along with the element game. As such, Harribel probably went down the annals of time as the Espada who fought most stupidly, right after Zommari. Ignoring the strength, speed and defenses that being an arrancar gave her was the dumbest thing she could have done. Against Soifon, a speed relying fighter, I don't quite see her making that same mistake. Or rather, it will kill her if she does. Similarly, Soifon cannot afford using her bankai against a mobile fighter like Harribel. So it depends on whether Soifon is capable of landing her Nigeki Kessatsu. I don't know if she can. If Harribel were to batter Soifon with continuous attacks from up close and didn't spend two chapters holding back and feeling out her opponent, I think she can win relatively easily.

Still, the state of mind gives me pause... Harribel? Taking out Yoruichi? Not happening.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tengou View Post
    Still, the state of mind gives me pause... Harribel? Taking out Yoruichi? Not happening.
    Harribel didnt actually have to defeat Yoruichi...just not let Soifon see her.

Eg. trap Yoruichi temporary in that dimension prison.

Its just to show neither character will be playing around...
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Harribel is the third espada. Even holding back, she was owning Hitsugaya in Bankai while she was sealed. She survived his ultimate attack (aka Sui Feng's missle) with no damage. She's fast enough, imo, to not get killed instantly. Her attacks in Ress get stronger as they go on, and with Trident (the attack she used to kill HItsugaya's clone) she could kill Sui Feng from any distance.

Match goes to Harribel.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a interesting fight IMO. Harribel vs Soi Fon first thing first Can Soi Fon's shikia pierce Harribel's skin and if so can she get that 2nd strike in? If you ask me No she wouldn't be able to get the 2nd strike in because she had to use her best Technique with her Shikia vs Barrangan's Fraccion, who's speed wasn't bad at all he was skilled enough to bring out Soi Fon's technique and have her fight seriously once she released. So I believe Soi Fon would definitely need Flash cry to compete with Harribel's base form or to simply survive her released state. We don't know how much Soi Fon improved on her Flash Cry or destructive it has become Yourichi was able to pummel Aizen and crack his crytalline stage with her skills. Also Her bankia I believe she's gonna need to use 2 shots which is her max to kill Harribel. However I believe Harribel can use a massive shield of water to escape most the brunt of that blast, Barragan is nothing but bones and he manged to survive. SO i think she's gonna need some type of Kidou to keep her still.......I honestly Think Harribel would be the winner though. Soi Fon needed a Kidou master who was/Vizard to beat 2nd Espada.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Harribel has the win. No doubt in my mind!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soifon can kill Harribel, she'd match up far better than Hitsugaya....the same way Hits would matched up better against Barragon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Soifon can kill Harribel, she'd match up far better than Hitsugaya....the same way Hits would matched up better against Barragon.
    Kill her how? I'm gonna ignore the Hitsugaya comment cause his ice still gets decomposed....But can you explain how Soi Fon can kill Harribel?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Soi-Fong's only fit is her speed, but Harribel is as good in range as in close fighting and she also seems to have higher Reiatsu, than Soi-Fong, so Soi Fong should go down after one hit from Harribel as I see it.
    Also Soi Fong's speed won't be superior to Harribel's that much. Aizen easily trashed her in speed department as well as Yama, so no matter how you look at it, she isn't the best in terms of speed and it's her only fit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Espada weren't very impressive in the long run of things though Barragon and Stark had their moments. So the feat where Harribel seemingly dodges Lisa, Hits and Hiyori with ease couldn't be replicated by Soifon? I'm pretty sure she could do the same...those attacks weren't super speedy attacks and she has some impressive speed feats.

Soifon would have faired better than Hits, I'll stick to that. Its possible she could have killed Harribel too...she's fast and Harribel would have been ignorant of her abilities, she would have been double tapped before she knew what hit her...unless of course you think she's that fast.

Aizen didn't use speed to counter Soifon, he used illusions...

And Hits is a better match for Barragon though he a bit on the weaker side...exactly how do you age ice?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

If Soifon's shikai is effective, then she has some chance to win this. Her fighting style, as has been pointed out, is far more effective against Harribel than Barragon. I think she has the ability to keep up speed-wise with Harribel, the only question is whether or not she survives long enough to get in two accurate hits.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, dunno if she mastered Shunko at Yoruichi's level, but I could see her win just her Shikai + Shunko, it's not like Harribel did show anything that impressive... She gave too much time for Hitsugaya trying to prepare the field, she should've went for the kill sooner

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    And Hits is a better match for Barragon though he a bit on the weaker side...exactly how do you age ice?
    ......that can also be applied to : "how do you age rock?" yet he still did it with the buildings. bricks and stone and cement.

But with Soifon's bankai, Harribel can just use water against the missile to explode it away from her and also to shield from the same explosion as well.
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hossice View Post
    ......that can also be applied to : "how do you age rock?" yet he still did it with the buildings. bricks and stone and cement.

But with Soifon's bankai, Harribel can just use water against the missile to explode it away from her and also to shield from the same explosion as well.
    You have to understand why she used Bankai : because she was unable to touch Barragan to begin with, which isn't the case her, in fact using her Bankai would be a disadvantage here if you ask me

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm saying though, either way it isn't working out for her.
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast