Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter!

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

1 0.77%
  • 2 (Boring)

3 2.31%
  • 3 (Regular)

26 20.00%
  • 4 (Good)

66 50.77%
  • 5 (Epic!)

34 26.15%
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 637 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 637 Discussion / 638 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    WE STILL HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING FROM HYOZO and WE STILL DONT KNOW WHERE CARIBOU IS which leads me to believe this arc still has a ways to go.
    ^^^ A VERY long ways to go. I don't think the arc will be over until AFTER the current cover story is done. We'll probably get 2-3 for Alabasta, a couple with the Salvage guys and Cricket, probably 2-3 for Sky Island, 1 for Long Ring Long Land (and probably Foxy), 2-3 for Water 7 (maybe 1 of Enies Lobby), and a couple from Thriller Bark. I'm thinking we have about 12-14 more chapters. And if you think about it...add in a few holidays and breaks and that takes us right into the new year.

But this was just a so-so chapter to me (I think this is the week of so-so chapters). I'm guessing to make it an interesting battle, it will be Luffy vs. Decken and Hody (with Hody having some water around to give him a better chance). The rest of the crew will take care of the plaza. And I think when its all said and done, FI will be destroyed because of the ship and the image Shirley saw will be Luffy appearing out of the destroyed ship having won the fight.

I also think hyozo and Caribou will be making an appearance soon. Then maybe we'll get a better idea if one of them will be the next crew member.
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fighting Hody and Van Der Decken in the water may actually be a challenge for Luffy...

Caribou will probably show up in the next few chapters to give Sanji someone to kick around...

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

oh is there going to be another poll... I found that rather enjoyable last week
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

god hodi can take blows, those steroids really re-enforced his body like crazy, but one armament gatling gun should calm his soul real quick.

Also dekken is out of his mind to wipe out a whole island just to kill one girl, and the rest of NFP generals are just sitting around and not doing shit hopefully everyone will break of into the respective fights and deal with them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure but I heve feeling , that Shirahoshi and Hody will join to Straw Hat's That would be tottaly awesome ^^ Why I had that feeling? Because of Luffy's spreeh about tough guy http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/27862757/13 Hope Hody will join >>

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jet Piston's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what's funny to me. It seems like the roles have shifted in this arc. Luffy is usually the one that tanks several attacks from the enemy but keeps on going only to win in the end. Now Luffy is so strong he is the one dealing out the damage and not taking many hits.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like hodi is joining up with luffy for the time being...Hodi + Luffy vs Decken + Caribou would be nice. Almost makes me wonder if Hodi won't join the SH.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked this chapter..........although it was predictable.
    I knew Luffy would have to fight inside water at some point in time, so that he doesn't completely over power the two main villains in this arc. Oda did something similar in Arlong Park arc as well.
    I'm glad to see he used both COA and COO but Luffy when to easy on Hody.........she should have used COA along with the jet pistol and I believe that would have finished off Hody.

I know alot of people don't like this arc but I think it's good...........so far it's show casing how strong the SH's have become, which is what it's suppose to do and I believe the next couple of arcs might be the same way........although I am expecting the marines (with admiral support) to waiting in ambush for SHs once they surface in the NW.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 637 Spoiler Discussion

Gotta love Robin dark comments in middle of this kind of situations.

And nice turn on the events, without making it obvious. I'm still eager to know what the King has to say to this. It's also rather obvious that the Arc is not related to the poneglyph (Looking at Robin reaction, at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    oh is there going to be another poll... I found that rather enjoyable last week
    Of course there is! I just happened to wake up later today :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but ... this time, I liked the chapter .
    I didn't like the spoiler very much but the drawings & some remarks made it for me.

The fishmen realize the strength of the world-class pirates. Hodi withdrawing can mean that he understood he can't take on Luffy directly at his current level. I liked Robin in this chapter, her cold-blooded analysis in dangerous situations is really funny.

Rant on hold for this week

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

that was an amazing chapter ......i mean luffy is freaking awesome i can't believe he learned so much about all 3 types of haki in just 2y ....he can harden what part of body he wants and with such ease i guess he's a tensai

and LOL at robin's dark humor as always she's very funny and BTW i can't believe sanji accepted to let luffy handle everything is the world coming to an end i mean she's the mermaid princess he always dreamed about and i was sure he will beat VDD to a pulp himself since he hurt shirahoshi ....anyway i still wanna see saji deal with VDD or at least caribou ....ohh right i really wonder where he is he must pop out pretty soon , maybe he is on board of the ship and is waiting to make his move

Ghosted 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member godofthesunn's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy almost appears to be unbeatable. I mean any other average foe would be defeated in one hit. His power over haki makes him a force to be reconded with, Once he can teach his first mate and perhaps sanji and usopp about haki it will be game over for most over crews.

Of course Blackbeard is still a force to be reckoned with because of his darkness ability.

This ark wont take much longer, luffy will own hody, van decker, and caribou all at the same time if need be. Noah is a problem but someone will deal with that. I'm curious as to when to what the next battle will be for the Strawhats. What will they look to do next.

Oh and Jinbei is going to join the SH crew. Thats fairly obvious.
    How much heat can you take?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

In details I had some issues with the chapter, but I turned out to be loving it in the end... How do you do it Oda...?

A 3 front battle is gonna be fairly interesting, really looking forward to see how it turns out next week
    However, if Decken is defeated, wouldn't the arc fall down on fishman island anyway..? The situation seems a bit bleak unless Luffy does something crazy..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by godofthesunn View Post
    Oh and Jinbei is going to join the SH crew. Thats fairly obvious.
    I don't know about that anymore. His bounty has gotten higher than Luffy's and as the captain, Luffy should have the highest bounty of his crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member monkey D luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

love the fact that luffy didnt use a single named attack on hody yet. this means that a COC named attack (any attack at this point) will KO hody.
    also luffy is now lierally "hard headed" XD
    as @Cez said, if VDD is indeed defeated wont the arc fall down on FI and destroy it anyway?
    my new dragons:

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Oda had to make things challenging without making them randomly happen or making the SH's look weak in certain situations. So the best way to go about that it is have Luffy fight two opponents on a battlefield possibly containing water.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast