Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Off to the Next One

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Off to the Next One

Heeeey, people!
    First: first thread, yaaaaay!
    Second: My name is Adriana and my friends call me Adi, which some of you may already know, so sorry for repeating myself.

I'm a social and shy person at the same time, don't know how that happened to me. I enjoy being with my friends and I'm really lonely when I'm not. I'm not single anymore, hehe.

I love listening to music, mostly rock. My favorite band since 2004 is Green Day. I've had an acoustic guitar for at least 4 years now. Currently I'm not very good at it, but I'm trying to get better. I've enjoyed singing since I have memories of myself, really. So my dream is to be a singer and a guitarist in a rock band. I didn't realize I actually want that until recently, maybe because I don't believe in myself much.

I'm constantly trying to change myself, I've always wanted to be a better person. I'm very self-conscious. I can get really emotional sometimes. Lttle things can make me very happy.

Well, that's all I can blabber about myself right now, feel free to ask me anything. ^^

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random Paradise

Hey, Adi!

I think I know what you mean about being social and shy. I'm usually shy around new people but once I get to know them better, I become more talkative. ^^

What was your first manga/anime?
    What song(s) do you like to play on your guitar?
    Do you like to sing in the shower?
    If you have a band, what would your band name be?

I think that's good for now.

MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

yo random girl
    do you listen others stuff like hip hop?
    do u read manhwa?
    are u a good dancer?
    so u wanna be a roooooockstar, do u have some songs?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Hey, Adi!

I think I know what you mean about being social and shy. I'm usually shy around new people but once I get to know them better, I become more talkative. ^^

What was your first manga/anime?
    What song(s) do you like to play on your guitar?
    Do you like to sing in the shower?
    If you have a band, what would your band name be?

I think that's good for now.
    Yaaay, someone understands meee! I'm just like that, I'm nervous around new people and I'm fine when I already know them.

My first manga was Chobits. I'm not sure what my first anime was though, it might be Pokemon. There were some on television when I was really young, like 9, 10, 11. I really started watching anime when I was around 13. I watched some Ghibli movies, don't remember which ones exactly. And then I started watching Naruto, which I really really loved at the time. So I like to say that's my first, because that's when I started knowing what anime is.

I like to play anything I like, really. When I get into a song, I try playing it. Currently I'm learning the acoustic version of "45", a song by Shinedown.

I LOVE singing in the shower. The one place where I sing a cappela with all my might.

If I have a band, which is what I'm looking forward to, I'd like the name to be "Daemon". I like how the word has a positive and negative meaning at the same time. I'd want to use that name because my general opinion about music is that it's perceived differently by everyone.

Thanks for the questions! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    yo random girl
    do you listen others stuff like hip hop?
    do u read manhwa?
    are u a good dancer?
    so u wanna be a roooooockstar, do u have some songs?
    I'm not really into hip-hop, sorry. It's catchy, it can be fun to me, but no, I don't really like it.

I'm still not into manhwa, but I was reading one, called "Love in the Mask". I like it, but I kinda dropped it. Will start reading it again sometime.

No. No, no and no! I'm a really bad dancer. I'm really shy about it, really nervous and I'm always stiff. When I'm at home I like to goof out, but it's not really dancing, so... And I don't like going to mass parties. I'm also not a club person, because clubs here are generally... erggh. There is this one rock club that I like though. But the atmosphere there isn't really dancy.

Yes, I wanna be a rockstaaaaar! Not really a star, no. I don't know how I'd be able to get out all the stress if I duddenly become famous or something. Too much stage fright. Too nervous. Too shy. >< I don't have songs, I usually write down some stuff, but they aren't good at all and it's usually not long before they end up in the trash can. I kinda make melodies though. There are times that I somehow go somewhere else and I don't think about what I'm really playing, and the melody starts on its own. A friend says I'm really good when that happens, but... don't know. And sorry, I might be exaggerating a little bit, but that's how I feel.

And thank you too for the questions!

To be continued~
    Last edited by Adorien; August 27, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i would recommend you to read Noblesse then. Btw post your stuff on youtube, i would like to listen
    u'll have to bury your shyness if you wanna be a singer i was in a hiphop band in high school till the last years,i did alot of stuff in the school, i wasn't shy but i remember the feeling when u have to sing or to do a show in front of lots of people

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, I'm trying to beat up my shy self. But I don't think I'll be posting on youtube, no. But I may appear there one day, when I'm known at least.
    That sounds really cool! And I can't believe you weren't shy. So jealous >< But I'm glad for you!
    There was a music-club-thing going on the last two years of highschool, but... There was this jerk and... it didn't go well. And the whole thing kinda wasn't working well.
    I was already going to read Noblesse, thanks for recommending it.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

heh shy or not believe me u'll feel like ur heart is going to explode before u start a show (unless u're really used to it, thought i don't know if it's really possible to be used to it). When u finish, peeps applaud, u'll feel great and later u'll want to do it again (shy or not ).
    we didn't have stuff like music club in my high school, it's just we used to organize stuff with my friends, and sometimes there were some event at school or peeps used to gather around us when we were making battle between us.
    btw what "this jerk"did?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I know well that my heart will explode and that's what bothers me. My heart is pounding like crazy when I'm excited or a bit nervous over something shyness-related. And that's when I can't sing nor play the guitar. I'm all stiff and can't breathe. But it would be like the happiest day in my life if people applaud me. I already really want to do it, even though I'm really nervous about it.
    That jerk, well... He was being a jerk. At first he wanted me to be in the club with him. Then he wanted me to play acoustic guitar while he plays electric. And after I learned what I was supposed to do and practiced it enough, suddenly, I'm not in. We were gonna participate in an event. I waited till the end. But I didn't do anything. And I was really mad after that, at the jerk who just couldn't say a word to me about not wanting me to play with him anymore, and at a teacher who was one of the organizers. Who just couldn't let me sing, even though my name was on the list with participants. But that jerk I'm talking about, he really is a jerk. One day he is like my only friend in my class, the next day he is all mean to me. Ahh. Sorry for the rant.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

aw sad story, he's a jerk indeed

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What a jackass.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    It was hard for me to get over the idea that he's my friend, because when I have a bond with someone, it's hard to let go.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Adorien!
    Green day
    I see that you are aiming to become an awesome singer and guitarist, that's really cool.

So..anyway, do you watch alot of anime? If so, what are your thoughts on jpop?

and I read that..yeah, that's a jerk <_<

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, explains why everyone was calling you Adi-chan~

Hello, what've you been doing?

You love greenday too, huh? Sing Boulevard for me on that voice thread ^^
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Adriana is my grandma's name.

Heyho, Adi-chan! (May I call you that?) I think it's not appropriate to say "welcome to MH" to you, so I'll say "welcome to MZ" instead!

You have to read Noblesse. And Tower of God. I think those are the best manhwa I've ever seen. Not that I've read lots of manhwa, but well... :P

I wanted to read Chobits, but there is no good scanlation of that series, so I gave up. Not interested to check the anime, though. Did you watch Chobits' anime as well? Do you follow any other CLAMP series? ^^

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Hi Adorien!
    Green day
    I see that you are aiming to become an awesome singer and guitarist, that's really cool.

So..anyway, do you watch alot of anime? If so, what are your thoughts on jpop?

and I read that..yeah, that's a jerk <_<
    Yep, he really is a jerk.
    Ahem...

GREEN DAY FTW!

I don't know how awesome I'll get, but I really want to try. ^^

Recently I don't watch a lot of anime, I ususally read manga. But I'm watching One Piece with my boyfriend. We also watch Soul Eater from time to time too. And I haven't really watched a lot of anime overall. But that's a secret.

I'm not really a big fan of j-pop/j-rock. I really like openings and endings in anime. I also listen to OSTs from time to time, Elfen Lied's one for example. I like Japanese music, but I listen to only a little bit. I like most of Naruto's openings and endings, some Bleach ones, some One Piece. I love those of Kimi ni Todoke, Nana, Skip Beat, Spice and Wolf. I like two songs by B'z, and two songs by GO!GO!7188, which are both rock bands. Oh, and I like Ayumi Hamasaki's 'Game', 'Black Cherry' by Acid Black Cheery, 'Ashita ga arusa' and 'Ue o muite aruko' by Kyu Sakamoto, and 'Shimanchu nu takara' by Begin. And I think that's about it. I'm just not really into it, but I like it.

Thanks for joining and asking me questions! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    Ah, explains why everyone was calling you Adi-chan~

Hello, what've you been doing?

You love greenday too, huh? Sing Boulevard for me on that voice thread ^^
    Hello, I have been doing nothing much these days, but at least I met up with some friends, which is like heaven to me. And I meet my best friend from time to time, which is good.

GREENDAY FTW TWICE! I really love that song, but... no. Sorry.
    Anyways, thanks for also joining in! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Adriana is my grandma's name.

Heyho, Adi-chan! (May I call you that?) I think it's not appropriate to say "welcome to MH" to you, so I'll say "welcome to MZ" instead!

You have to read Noblesse. And Tower of God. I think those are the best manhwa I've ever seen. Not that I've read lots of manhwa, but well... :P

I wanted to read Chobits, but there is no good scanlation of that series, so I gave up. Not interested to check the anime, though. Did you watch Chobits' anime as well? Do you follow any other CLAMP series? ^^
    Interesting. Greetings to your grandma then! ^^

Yes, you may call me that, almost everyone calls me that anyway. Ecept for "some" that call me "Dori". Thanks for welcoming me to the MZ! ^^

Yes, I've watched Chobits' anime, I think right after I finished the manga. I haven't read/seen any other CLAMP series. I'm thinking of reading Kobato if I find a good raw. I'm planning to read only in Japanese from now on.

I will be sure to read them! ^^ I'll tell you if I like them.

And thank you too for joining and asking questions as well. ^.^

Yaaaay!
    Last edited by Adorien; August 28, 2011 at 07:23 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast