Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Off to the Next One

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    I think it's because of the economy. If I don't find any job soon, I might go back to school and try for another major...
    don't do it if that's the job you love I'm sure there are a lot of kids there who would want to be teached by you. I cannot believe that there's not a single educator needed

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

hang in there, you will definitely find something!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that when there is an opening, there are around 200 applicants. Not to mention, school districts tend to hire internally first.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I see, that's definitely a very harsh situation what about working in another town maybe? :/

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No such luck there either.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Nii-chan, here is my brother, he'll tell you:

Quote Quote:
    I am currently a CNC machine operator and programmer in the Institute of Metal Science at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. I'm currently in my last year as a mechanical engineer at the Technical University of Sofia.
    And there you go!
    Spoiler show

Riki, two majors is cool! You could still work as an educator during your second major, right? Ganbatte!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    No such luck there either.
    that sucks you ever considered working in another country? It's a very difficult step and to be honest, I wouldn't want to do that, but it can be an interesting experience.
    Still I agree with Adi-chan, two majors are a great thing too, so just try your best, I'm sure you will have some luck sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Adorien View Post
    Nii-chan, here is my brother, he'll tell you:

And there you go!
    Spoiler show
    I especially like the blahblah part
    but that sounds nice, working with machines can be very interesting
    And thanks for asking him

no work today too Adi?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Riki! You'll manage, sooner or later, just try to be in high spirits! (Cause Happy is the way to go! ) Good luck!

Nii-chan, I'm free today too. ^^ But more free days will be kinda bad...

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold on, did I know that Adi-chan is working? What do you do anyway? Do you enjoy your work? Planning on getting a new job or another job?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm working in a pre-election campaign for one of the candidates for city mayor. I'm handing out flyers (sometimes newspapers, books and ballons too) on different spots in the city with my best friend and some other people that dress as mimes and walk on stilts. Usually they hand out more of the flyers because they're interesting. I'm looking for a regular job too.

And yes, I enjoy my work. It's fun!

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see. So it's a temporary job. What kind of regular job would you like to have?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, something like helping with documents. Writing in Excel/Word, printing... There's not much that I can do actually... With just my school graduation diploma.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, something like helping with documents. Writing in Excel/Word, printing... There's not much that I can do actually... With just my school graduation diploma.
    aww come on, I'm sure you're good a lot more things you like working on the PC?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww shucks! ^///^ It's just that i studied IT in highschool and... that's all I can do, not that I'm good at it. I kinda... hated Access. xD HTML was fun. And C/C++ was just... o.o Before highschool I had this idea that i want to learn programming. xD Such a naive kid I was. But I knew nothing about it. So at first programming seemed interesting. But then it started annoying me, I couldn't understand it... It's just not my thing.

I like artsy stuff. I like to do things in Photoshop, not that I do much, but I like to mess with pictures. And I like browsing images and keeping them and folders. And I like organising things on my comp! It started with file names. I wante them to be correct. With spaces and capitals. Then folders and subfolders and subsubfolders... xD I'm usually not an organised person, but I think I have a sense of organising... Not sure.

So yeah... working on the PC is the only thing I can do right now.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww shucks! ^///^ It's just that i studied IT in highschool and... that's all I can do, not that I'm good at it. I kinda... hated Access. xD HTML was fun. And C/C++ was just... o.o Before highschool I had this idea that i want to learn programming. xD Such a naive kid I was. But I knew nothing about it. So at first programming seemed interesting. But then it started annoying me, I couldn't understand it... It's just not my thing.

I like artsy stuff. I like to do things in Photoshop, not that I do much, but I like to mess with pictures. And I like browsing images and keeping them and folders. And I like organising things on my comp! It started with file names. I wante them to be correct. With spaces and capitals. Then folders and subfolders and subsubfolders... xD I'm usually not an organised person, but I think I have a sense of organising... Not sure.

So yeah... working on the PC is the only thing I can do right now.
    don't hide your light under a bushel (it's a german saying XD if you're wondering about the meaning it's something like "I know you are good at it, don't be so modest)

but if you dislike programming you shouldn't do it, try to study music or maybe specialized businesswoman (when you enjoy to organise )

you like to work with photoshop? Show me some of your works

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was something like that. I'm not being modest, I'm just... not good at... anything.

I really do dislike programming and it wouldn't work out. I'd love to study music, but I need some lessons first. I'm planning to do this huge thin and apply to the Musical Academy here in Sofia only after one year of practise at some vocal lessons. It probably won't work out, but I'm trying not to think that way. xD

I like to work with Photoshop and... there isn't much to show... And most of my stuff disappeared with time... xD My hard disk crashed last year, so... I have just some. Write to me in Skype and I'll show you some. ^^ But they aren't.. nothing special... o.o I'll join the Sig Contest sometimes though!

Thread Closed
Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast