Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Off to the Next One

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random Paradise

Ah, I see. Do you also enjoy knowing what the weather is before anyone else?

Nah, not too long. No worries. ^^

What manga do you read?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Your exactly as tall as me ^^

And yeah, I'm considered short in my school; we have the nationals basketball player here (think he's 2m+)

And I don't think I've ever seen anyone worry about being tall, I thought that was generally considered rather attractive?

I think that height wise guys worry a lot about being short, and it's probably a bigger problem as well, cause girls can be small and cute...
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adorien View Post
    Yeah, I get that really often. xD I might be tall, but I'm skinny and... I don't think it's the thing for me. There weren't really sports clubs in school, but each school has a team. I was never really into that kind of stuff. I like playing sometimes, but it's not my thing. I like roller skating though. And riding a bike. And if I have and mp3 with me, it's priceless.

Btw, if I share some cm with you, would you give me some meat? I'm like 52 kg now, which is... 115 lb, but I used to be 55 and I know that with the height I have I should be 65. I should eat more, I know. xD
    I see. Me too, I don't go much about sports. Prefer to watch them than to play them. XD I agree, riding a bike is awesome! I used to do it when I was at my hometown for holiday. The air was so fresh, the wind was nice. Accompanied with my lovely favorite songs from my phone, I could ride on the bike pretty long. XD I really miss those moments.

Whoa! If I could, I'd share you some meat too. I was 48, during holiday I might even get to 50, while it's not very appropriate for my current height. If I take 10 cm from you then give you around 5 kg, that would be a brilliant change. XD Yeah, it's weird how those who need to be a bit fatter can't get fat while those who don't want to get fatter always have it the other way. =____=

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

BLEH, I R COOKIE MONSTER! PH34R MY COOKIE EATING POWA!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Ah, I see. Do you also enjoy knowing what the weather is before anyone else?

Nah, not too long. No worries. ^^

What manga do you read?
    Weeell, if I told you I mainly read shojo and some josei, you would probably disapprove of me, so I won't tell you. Oops...
    I think I'd like most of the genres, but I'm kinda fixated on shojo/josei, because of reading mostly that. But I like Naruto and FMA, so I guess you can say I also like shonen. The ones I know I don't like are yaoi and shonen-ai. Definitely. xD

Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post

Your exactly as tall as me ^^

And yeah, I'm considered short in my school; we have the nationals basketball player here (think he's 2m+)

And I don't think I've ever seen anyone worry about being tall, I thought that was generally considered rather attractive?

I think that height wise guys worry a lot about being short, and it's probably a bigger problem as well, cause girls can be small and cute...
    Yaaay, we're the same height. ^^

I can't believe you're considered short, you'd be average here. I think...

Being tall is generally considered attractive, but like you said, guys worry about being shorter than girls, so that's why sometimes guys didn't like me because of that. Besides, when I was younger, it was kinda considered strange. You know how it is. Kids are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I see. Me too, I don't go much about sports. Prefer to watch them than to play them. XD I agree, riding a bike is awesome! I used to do it when I was at my hometown for holiday. The air was so fresh, the wind was nice. Accompanied with my lovely favorite songs from my phone, I could ride on the bike pretty long. XD I really miss those moments.

Whoa! If I could, I'd share you some meat too. I was 48, during holiday I might even get to 50, while it's not very appropriate for my current height. If I take 10 cm from you then give you around 5 kg, that would be a brilliant change. XD Yeah, it's weird how those who need to be a bit fatter can't get fat while those who don't want to get fatter always have it the other way. =____=
    I think we should ride bikes together one day! ^^

It would be perfect to exchange! Although I don't really want to lose cms. And yeah, it's strange how it is. It's tough trying to get skinnier/fatter.

I really should eat more! xD

BLEH, I R COOKIE MONSTER! PH34R MY COOKIE EATING POWA!
    I PH34R UR COOKIE EATING POWAH!
    Btw, there was this time when I made a Cookie Monster sig for the sig contest. I'd give it to you if you want it (intentional advertising). ^^

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto was awesome though, so no worries. \o FMA is good too.

What shoujo do you/have you read? Kimi ni Todoke is definitely worth a read. If you like shoujo due to romance, then give GE - Good Ending a try. Definitely a great romance shounen, and Beelzebub is a great shounen as well. I think it parodies action manga. So much humor. xD

PH34R IT H4RD!

I don't want it, but I don't mind seeing it. :3

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto was awesome though, so no worries. \o FMA is good too.

What shoujo do you/have you read? Kimi ni Todoke is definitely worth a read. If you like shoujo due to romance, then give GE - Good Ending a try. Definitely a great romance shounen, and Beelzebub is a great shounen as well. I think it parodies action manga. So much humor. xD

PH34R IT H4RD!

I don't want it, but I don't mind seeing it. :3
    Well the sig is somewhere around the galleries in some archives. I don't know where it should be. xD

I am reading Kimi ni Todoke and really like it. I'm also reading Skip Beat, Hiyokoi, L DK, Ao Haru Ride, Cosplay Animal (josei), Natsume Yuujinchou. I just started Runway no Koibito. I was reading Dengeki Daisy too. I need to pick it up again, but... too many ongoing manga. I prefer the completed ones usually.
    Others that I've read and also like are NANA (in love with it), Paradise Kiss, Koukou Debut, Othello, Beast Master, Lovely Complex, Strobe Edge, Zettai Kareshi.

It also appears I enjoy shonen with romance, since I really like Chobits, Midori no Hibi and Nyan Koi. So I was planning on Reading GE - Good Ending. I'm also planning on reading Beelzebub, thanks for recommending them.
    Other shonen that I like are GTO and Beck.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yaaay, we're the same height. ^^

I can't believe you're considered short, you'd be average here. I think...

Being tall is generally considered attractive, but like you said, guys worry about being shorter than girls, so that's why sometimes guys didn't like me because of that. Besides, when I was younger, it was kinda considered strange. You know how it is. Kids are awful.
    Reading this I can see that the way we (as in boys v girls) treat height in a totally different way. As kids, we were always comparing to see who's taller. And when we were taller than kids in higher grades, we'd be proud. And yeah, whoever's taller is more awesome
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno. I've always been one of the small kids back in elementary school. Can't say I'm a giant now, with my 172 cm, but it's sufficient enough for me

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading this I can see that the way we (as in boys v girls) treat height in a totally different way. As kids, we were always comparing to see who's taller. And when we were taller than kids in higher grades, we'd be proud. And yeah, whoever's taller is more awesome
    It's not fair how people tend to view tall boys as awesome but tall girls as strange or alien-like. XD Boys' pride are too much on their height, lol~ Even here it's like that. XD

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not fair how people tend to view tall boys as awesome but tall girls as strange or alien-like. XD Boys' pride are too much on their height, lol~ Even here it's like that. XD
    There's nothing strange about that. It always was, is, and will be supposed that the man in a family is bigger then his wife. A man's height shows his physical strength, while woman aren't supposed to have that physical strength in the first place.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    There's nothing strange about that. It always was, is, and will be supposed that the man in a family is bigger then his wife. A man's height shows his physical strength, while woman aren't supposed to have that physical strength in the first place.
    Maybe it is, but sometimes people take it to an urgent level that makes things even worse. I for one don't think that boys should feel inferior to girls in case of height or even economy as long as that superiority is not abused. It's the mindset of the community that boys are and must be above girls that makes me a bit uncomfortable. Of course, this is subjective.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, first reaction: O.O PEOPLE!!!

Me and my friends also compared our heights. But there was nothing to compare when I was taller. . The others kinda compared though.
    I've been liking my height since the past few years. Now I feel awesome. Thank you, Haze!

I dunno. I've always been one of the small kids back in elementary school. Can't say I'm a giant now, with my 172 cm, but it's sufficient enough for me
    I'm glad you're alright with your height! And you aren't really that small. This is around or a little bit lower than average here. Well, boys tend to be taller usually.

Yaay, someone understands!

That's true. But in my case, I'm tall and don't really have physical strength, so even if the boy is shortet, he still is stronger than me, just looks shorter.

Maybe it is, but sometimes people take it to an urgent level that makes things even worse. I for one don't think that boys should feel inferior to girls in case of height or even economy as long as that superiority is not abused. It's the mindset of the community that boys are and must be above girls that makes me a bit uncomfortable. Of course, this is subjective.
    That's a bit uncomfortable for me as well. My boyfriend is taller and we have the perfect height difference , so I don't really care anymore about people not liking me because I'm tall.
    Btw, recently I think that couples don't care that much about height differences. I often see a girl on high heels, walking alongside a boy, shorter than her at least with 5 cm, not including the heels.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, first reaction: O.O PEOPLE!!!
    I suggest you to get used to this feeling

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like