Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: How did you felt this chapter?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boring, too much talk.

1 3.03%
  • No sketchy art!

3 9.09%
  • Interesting Development of Events

11 33.33%
  • Pufu's death was the coolest thing.

4 12.12%
  • Emotional!

19 57.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 314 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 314 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by twasdfzxcv View Post
    The chess move is Komugi talking in her sleep.
    Ohhhhh, yes, this makes a lot more sense then. Sorry for the mistake, the dialogue box points to no one, so I thought the King was the one who says it. Thanks.
    Last edited by huntersq; September 01, 2011 at 02:41 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh, how much I hate how long it takes to see the actual chapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    As for Komugi, it has already been established that she's the world champion of Gungi--she's already a genius. However, Nen allows her to transcend. I don't think that the aura is figurative, but a literal light. When the King meets up with the Royal Guards near the end of the chapter, he mentions that he literally sees Komugi's body covered in light. Since the King never refers to Nen by its actual name (he calls it "the awakening" and aura is referred to as "light"), it can be inferred that it is what he means.
    Now I understand what you're saying, and I even may add that She imposed a rule over herself (Die if losing) so it's possible.

However and only due plot-wise, I think it's not Nen.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member IamJacky's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read Chinese and this chapter is really touching, kind of sad really but it's a great way to conclude the arc. Basically King persuaded Palm to reveal the location of Komugi, saying that he understands the humans had won, and that his last and only wish is to spend his remaining time with Komugi, nothing more. And when the King found Komugi in the box, she was actually muttering Gungi-talks in her sleep, King's smile did look kinda creepy but I don't think he had any negative/evil intent at all, rather he just felt happy/amused that even in her sleep, Komugi is still thinking about Gungi, hence the ending lines "Wake up Komugi, let's play!"

--

Just want to add that Pufu's death scene is... I can't describe it. Togashi is just brilliant, after all, the ants (bugs) were all doomed by poison (bugs spray).
    Check out my friend's clothing company - Copy & Paste Apparel Repping San Francisco Giants!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamJacky View Post
    I read Chinese and this chapter is really touching, kind of sad really but it's a great way to conclude the arc. Basically King persuaded Palm to reveal the location of Komugi, saying that he understands the humans had won, and that his last and only wish is to spend his remaining time with Komugi, nothing more. And when the King found Komugi in the box, she was actually muttering Gungi-talks in her sleep, King's smile did look kinda creepy but I don't think he had any negative/evil intent at all, rather he just felt happy/amused that even in her sleep, Komugi is still thinking about Gungi, hence the ending lines "Wake up Komugi, let's play!"

--

Just want to add that Pufu's death scene is... I can't describe it. Togashi is just brilliant, after all, the ants (bugs) were all doomed by poison (bugs spray).
    Dude, can i ask you something?
    when she is talking to the king she added the king to her crystal vision? (page 14)

It seems that she realized that pufu is dead, and she erase him and then she added the king to keep him under surveillance.
    >.<!
    Last edited by Freecs; September 01, 2011 at 08:24 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Argh, how much I hate how long it takes to see the actual chapter.

Now I understand what you're saying, and I even may add that She imposed a rule over herself (Die if losing) so it's possible.

However and only due plot-wise, I think it's not Nen.
    I always had the impression that the King was responsible for her awakening. Komugi is considered a genius, when it comes to Gungi, she even made her own ultimate unstoppable move! Then Meruem played against her, he too is a natural born genius, who adapts very fast.

At first he was no match for Komugi but at some point, he became her equal, who was on the verge of surpassing her, by using Komugi's ultimate move. She then came up with another countermeasure and caused her awakening, at that time she discovered her Nen, which was in a form of new Gungi moves, that she 'wrote' down.

Well, that's how, I interpret that scene.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    At first he was no match for Komugi but at some point, he became her equal, who was on the verge of surpassing her, by using Komugi's ultimate move.
    Well even if it was quite impressive that the Kind himself came to that Move that original came from Kumogi, the countermove was from Kumogi long ago, not vs. the King.
    She tells that in her little story about that move.
    She once won with it, but then in a regional Tournament someone used that move against her, and there she had to came up with a new move, so it was like killing her baby.
    She was gently touched after the King himself came up with this, but she had to "kill" her "baby" once again.

I would also say tha the Aura wich was surrounding Kumogi is Nen. It proofs that nen doent only have to be something about physical Strenght. In this case it is the specialization of Gungi. She told the king that this is the only thing she is any good in. But she had to keep getting better and better. She was more or less forced to. The kind improved more and more but same does she.
    With this forced development and then the fast improvement of the king she simply had to get better and better. Or more like it was the result of all the games against the king.
    All her spirit and soul was focused on Gungi, so she instinctively developed Nen. Its not physical nen, its more like... well how could you say... Brain Power.
    Other people developing Nen have the goal to get stronger in a physical way, but she was just focused on gungi (i guess she didnt notice this like other ones would, thats why she was overwhelmed by her own improvement.)
    So her kind of Nen does not make her Body stronger but her Brain faster. And why couldnt be it like this?
    Because that proofs that there are indeed all kinds of different Nen usings. Someone compared her to Neon, wich is actually a pretty good comparison.
    Kumogi was in the first steps of developing Nen (without even knowing though) but does not have a hatsu yet. And if she develop a Hatsu, then it would (from this point outgoing) be something about Gungi.

Ever heard of a genious way to play Games like Chess wich is called "The Hand of God"?

I can imagine that Kumogis Hatsu would be something like 'Sai' from 'Hikaru No Go'. I seriously want to know where this will go now. Kumogis awakening phase before was just the beginning. And i wouldnt be surprised if she will develop Hatsu in the last few games with the king at least.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Captain-Awesome's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter. I am really anxious to see the King's last minutes. I wonder how Komugi will feel.
    But i can't wait that we see both Gon and Killua soon !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 314 Discussion Thread

I am in love with the fluid pace right now. In every new chapter something big happens, maybe this arc will reach its end before the next hiatus (if there will be one).
    But where is the octopus ?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was really intense. I really, really enjoyed it and it was very touching. No doubt Togashi can pull the best dialogues and handle the best pacing.
    I think that it will take only 3 chapters to end this arc, and only one more to "finish" with the King if it's not this the end of it.

And I added a poll, not the same as I use in One Piece because I think the rating here should be somewhat different. Tell me if you like it or if you would want a different poll. I'm all ears.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    BTW:

Is this sure the right order? Looks like the last 3 Sites there are not in the right order.
    There it is:
    http://34.imagebam.com/download/Aaey...7471579/17.png
    http://42.imagebam.com/download/HHZe...7471607/18.png
    http://36.imagebam.com/download/5t-F...7471628/19.png

But i think it should be more like:

http://36.imagebam.com/download/5t-F...7471628/19.png
    http://34.imagebam.com/download/Aaey...7471579/17.png
    http://42.imagebam.com/download/HHZe...7471607/18.png

Mostly because in the last panel of site 19 it looks like someone is opening something. It could be interpreted as kumogis view (if she could see) from in the box when the King starts to open it.
    Then site 17 because he just opened it.
    Then site 18 mostly because there is the Hunter X Hunter "End" Symbol.

Would make sense. (Note: from this point here i only have the pictures and no information of what the translation is.)
    But of course the page 19 could mean some other place, like the dark Place in this cave and someone is opening a door.
    So what i said could be hardly wrong but i just wanted to mention that it just depends of the viewpoint.
    Wow i actually was right with this.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter, to me, is brilliant. What a way to approach the closing stages of this arc. I was impressed by how calm Meruem was, even though he saw his own imminent demise. And I also liked how he admitted defeat so humbly. Did something change inside of him after surviving the Rose bomb? He hasn't taken a single life since his rebirth ( I think ), and despite his growth in power, he hasn't done his creepy split personality thing, where one moment he's questioning his actions, and the next, he's smiling murderously.

I think this arc has been incredible. Rather long, but no manga has ever stimulated my emotions so much. From the sadness of the death of Kaito and the boy who became Coruto, to the anger towards these Ants who were killing humans just for the heck of it. There were just so many fantastic moments. The difficulty of the mission, the tension and stress of these Hunters who faced foes far beyond their league of power and Netero's sacrifice. I wonder how Novu must have felt. Despite being a rather high-level Nen user and an upper class Hunter, his hair turned completely white and he snapped, just by seeing the Royal Guard's En.

This arc also made me examine the things that we humans do ourselves. Our cruelty to animals and even to one another. Not that different from the Chimaera Ants, are we? Togashi is a brilliant author and mangaka, and I hope he will not lose devotion to this series, because it could potentially be one of the greatest ever.

Anyway, I predict the next chapter the King and Komugi will play and he still keeps losing. Maybe Knuckle and Meleoron will gain consciousness and the both of them together with Palm and Ikalgo will watch the Gungi matches. And during the last match, just as Meruem approaches victory, the poison takes over and he dies, bidding farewell to Komugi. That way, she still remains undefeated and doesn't have to kill herself. I think after that, we will see the reactions of the Hunter's Association, and maybe even a bit of the rest of the Hunter team who are recuperating, like Gon, Morau and Shoot.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was simply amazing. The Art was good, and oh my god Pufu's death was fantastic! I've been waiting sooo long! to see that bastard keel over and die. Also Meruem probably has become one of my favorite character out this arc, his character development has been amazing! The next chapter or two we'll probably see Gon and Killua.
    Last edited by Netero; September 02, 2011 at 01:10 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member IamJacky's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the Chinese and English version, and I'm simply astounded by the fact that both translations are equally intense. Much thanks and respect to the translators, you guys did such a wonderful job. Togashi did great writings and the translators were also brilliant. Much appreciated!

--

Though I must add that Palm did not say "It's USELESS!!" but she said "YOU CAN'T!!!" in the Chinese translation, which I find more suitable.
    Last edited by IamJacky; September 01, 2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Check out my friend's clothing company - Copy & Paste Apparel Repping San Francisco Giants!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meruems's split personality was due to his conflict towards wanting to embrace his human side and his duty as an ant. In a sense this whole war in somewhat like a culture clash but done on a more extreme scale. Instead of something between humans like Germany and the holocaust, instead we have Human's vs ant hybrid's that have slowly begun to develop human personalities. The line between the two becomes extremely thing as the arc continues up to the point we are at now.

The funny thing to wonder though is which side is which. It you were to take parallels I would say that the ants are Germany and the humans are the jews. In this sense I say that because we even get up to the point where a nuke like object is used and at that same time the enlightenment for peace is arrived. Even though it was an extreme method to obtain such a method one does have to ponder if it was really necessary

I take pity on the King because I think he actually wanted to resort to a peaceful method before he was forced into a fight in which it resulted in the rose bomb going off. You have to remember though that the reason why things were done in such an extreme though was because the whole time frame of things. Like this whole situation happened in about an hour, though in that hour the ants evolved in such a way that had this fight been a longer one perhaps they could have come to a peaceful agreement. Though when you consider that it happened in such a time frame an old man like Netero can't change the situation on the fly for such a reason. Netero feared that the conflicting nature of the ant and human would cause him to go on a rampage if his duties as an ant took over. The part of intel that the hunter's failed to analyze properly though was the human girl that was in the building. They never took the variable that this girl would actually sway the Kings heart in such a way without her the King would just be a ruthless ant without any humanity to him.

I wonder if we're going to get another chapter with the King or if things are just going to be implied that he died in a peaceful manner. Perhaps we'll see what Gon and Killua are up to now cause I think by now we basically got the point of the King overall it doesn't feel like there is anything else to add that hasn't already been said through the other chapters. That a conversation between him and the girl would just be redundant if it were to take up a whole chapter. I think if I were to start the next chapter I would just have a lifeless King embracing her and then pan over to what Killua and Gon are doing, unless something happens where she dies and the kings rage takes over it doesn't feel like there is any other conflict left anymore.

Even though the King's ordeal has been fulfilled we still have a very emotionally scarred Gon who basically sacrificed his own potential to seek revenge on Kaito's death. While the war might be over the lingering battle for Gon's compsure still lingers and I really don't know what anyone can do to help him. Even if his father appeared it wouldn't change the fact that Kaito is gone. Kaito was more of a father to him then his actual father I don't really see much impact coming from him appearing. If anything Gon would probably want to kill his father for not being there to protect Kaito and letting his close friend be killed by the ants. If you think about it his father is pretty messed up his friend Kaito is dead yet we have not yet seen him take any action or send any remorse over the situation.

As it stands now I don't think Gon would even want to see his father now, personally I would be discouraged to meet him considering the situation that's been going on, a war against ants and yet he offered nothing to help the cause. He could have easily entered the battlefield without meeting up with Gon yet he offered no help to the hunter's society. In a way his father is just a child while Gon is more of a man then him. Even though Gon himself didn't even have the strength to hold his own against the ants he was still willing to risk his life for Kaito's sake yet his father did nothing.

I really hope he doesn't go on hiatus anymore it's gonna be really interesting to see where things go from here. There's still so much to know about Gon's ordeal I'd really like to know how he'll recover or if he'll recover from everything that's happened. To see such a carefree person turn into a cold hearted dark soul is a pretty sad site to see right before your eyes. While Gon himself had been through so much he never really stared death right in the eyes til it happened to Kaito. He always managed to save those close to him and everyone was always safe.

He let himself become to attached to the idea that Kaito could actually be saved that it ended up becoming his undoing, while he thought there was in his mind a 100% chance for him to come back to life it just broke him as a person to see that he deluded himself into thinking such a thing could happen. I really wonder if he'll ever regain that carefree personality. It seems like to much has happened to him that unless they just wipe his memory of ever knowing Kaito he'll never recover.

Though that would be interesting if perhaps one thing that they have in mind is considering if they should wipe Gon's mind of ever knowing Kaito. While Kaito was a big part of his life as it stands now the memories of him are causing more damage then any potential happiness they could give him.

I think I'd like to see that, if they give Gon the option to relinquish his memories of Kaito but then he composes himself into realizing that it's better to keep a person in his memories rather then forget about them and let the pain disappear with all the happiness those memories gave him.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast