Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: How did you felt this chapter?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boring, too much talk.

1 3.03%
  • No sketchy art!

3 9.09%
  • Interesting Development of Events

11 33.33%
  • Pufu's death was the coolest thing.

4 12.12%
  • Emotional!

19 57.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 314 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ragnell93's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 314 Discussion Thread

I really liked this chapter and the death of Pufu was epic, he died failing his mission of protecting the King from the connection of Komugi. Also, the meeting with Palm was well designed, I think she did not expect the serenity of Meriyem knowing his fate, likewise the art was as good as the chapter itself (just my opinion).

@Uriel. I Liked this pool, don t think that a chapter of the actual HxH can be qualified as good or bad, you just have to apreciate the feelings Togashi transmited

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't understand what Palm tried to say when she said "with my ability, I would like to ascertain things for you"... or when she said "¿¡with everyhing in his grasp.... tricks are useless!?" ---> it would be like imposible to fool him... (sth like that?).

I was really confused when I read that.
    Last edited by Freecs; September 01, 2011 at 04:00 PM.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    yes, Palm realized that tricking him is imposible because, if i remember correctly, the King can tell if it si a lie or not with after his rencarnation.

IMO when she said "with my ability, I would like to ascertain things for you" she was recording him with her big eye.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freecs View Post
    I didn't understand what Palm tried to say when she said "with my ability, I would like to ascertain things for you"... or when she said "¿¡with everyhing in his grasp.... tricks are useless!?" ---> it would be like imposible to fool him... (sth like that?).

I was really confused when I read that.
    Here's how I understood it:

When Palm said "I would like to ascertain certain things for you", she wanted to verify if Pufu if dead. As we know Pufu is a b**** that would likely interfere with the negotiation and Palm doesn't want that, so she wants to make sure the RG is dead.

When Palm said "With everything in his grasp... tricks are useless!?", I think she saw how Meryem was able to interrogate Werefin and how she saw they couldn't lie to him because in some way Meryem knew if what they said was a statement of the truth or not. Plus, judging from the way Meryem talked, it's as if he knew what was up with his own body (he's slowly gonna die of the Rose poison in a matter of hours) so he just chose to do what he wants to do (play Komugi) and ask Palm politely cuz it's pretty much over.

---

So if Pufu is really dead and that's just not a clone or some dirty trick like that, no one would be there to interrogate Knuckle and Meleoron. If Jairo is Meleoron he could just slink away and rebuild his empire. Or maybe he could continue hanging out with the Hunters to gain favors. Or just drop the idea and live peacefully.

Problem is the possible irradiation case again. The people that are in the proximity with Meryem are Werefin, Meleoron, Knuckle, Palm, and the rest of the people mulling around in front of Meat Garden. If the spread is airborne they should have been infected now and are on the way to die as well.

Projected survivors (not counting of course the possibly infected) are Novu, Morau, Shoot, Killua, Gon, Ikarugo, and that lobster guy. And Hina the Nen Erasing Ant, and Bizef as well, sorry. And oh, Biscuit. Plus the other guys who used to hang out with Kaito.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I realize that she was recording him, but with the word "ascertain" the meaning change, right?.

it is like "let me establish/determine things for you" and then it shows pufu dead.

I do not get the meaning of the sentence =/.

-----

so she was reassuring that pufu was dead, but that is not a good condition.

she said "i have one condition" "let me reassuring things for you (about pufu's dead)"
    Last edited by Freecs; September 01, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freecs View Post
    I realize that she was recording him, but with the word "ascertain" the meaning change, right?.

it is like "let me establish/determine things for you" and then it shows pufu dead.

I do not get the meaning of the sentence =/.

-----

so she was reassuring that pufu was dead, but that is not a good condition.

she said "i have one condition" "let me reassuring things for you (about pufu's dead)"
    She just wanted to confirm Pufu's dead because he'd screw up the negotiations if he's still alive. He's the master of making plausible BS even the King accepts so Palm is wary of him. That's really the only thing she can do for now because she can't lie to the King anymore due to his ability which Palm might have caught a whiff off when Werefin was interrogated (how ironic). She can't set any other condition other than that at this point.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked to the translator, and he answered me this:

Quote Quote:
    Palm's original nen ability is to track anyone that she has seen with her own eyes. The easiest interpretation is probably that she will continue to monitor/track the king and Komugi while they have their reunion. However, since she's activating her power right on that page, and certainly seemed to me like she was getting ready do something a bit more invasive/trying to verify a bit more than just location, I maintained a somewhat open-ended translation, rather than just saying she would keep an eye on them. So she might just be using her existing nen ability to keep tabs on the movements of Komugi and the King, or she might be using something a bit more invasive. I wanted to allow for either. Perhaps we'll find out in the next chapter

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What bothers me is that it was mentioned before (when Palm was captures) that Meryem objective is procreation... and now he will spent his final moments with Komugi. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoFreakingWay View Post
    Projected survivors (not counting of course the possibly infected) are Novu, Morau, Shoot, Killua, Gon, Ikarugo, and that lobster guy. And Hina the Nen Erasing Ant, and Bizef as well, sorry. And oh, Biscuit. Plus the other guys who used to hang out with Kaito.
    Wow, that a lot more than I expected when I first read about Meruem's power.

It went well, overall. And I like the concept of Ants maybe that will lead to a new political arc that tries to integrates them. Or not and I'm just hallucinating.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    What bothers me is that it was mentioned before (when Palm was captures) that Meryem objective is procreation... and now he will spent his final moments with Komugi. =/
    Well the natural objective of the Chimera Ant King is to find a Female and procreate, but at a few points i doubt that the King will do with kumogi.
    He never had interest in it (or never showed) wich proofs that he is not an ordinary Antn but rather a Human. Its like the whole build up is showing him become a Human instead of being an insect.

But before you misunderstand me: I dont want to Disagree to that point. Because it might be still possible. Kumogi impressed the King so much... and he someway fell in love with her (likely!). So... who knows...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if the king were to mate with someone, would it be relevant? If he has poison running through his body then odds are whoever he impregnates will also die.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Probably... Also why admite defeat if you want to have decendants, he just accepted his condition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Even if the king were to mate with someone, would it be relevant? If he has poison running through his body then odds are whoever he impregnates will also die.
    As you mention, it is super unlikely. Thats what i mean. But not impossible thogh.
    I would say his state is the main reason for him not to do anything like procreation... at least if he is true with everything he said. But i dont see a reason for him to be lying at everything.
    He was both, human and Ant, and in the End the Human in him won. That is what you can say from the actual development.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the Human won, I think that it "merged" as Netero mentions when He faced him.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I said this before and I say this now: this arc was about pride and its defeat.

It was love that defeated pride: love for mankind enough to sacrifice himself, love for Komugi, love for Meryem's mother, who gave him a name, love for the King and love for Kite. The guards were severely weakened and killed due to their love for the king, Pitou was defeated due to Gon's love for Kite, and the king forfeit his goals for loving Komugi. Actually, he was defeated ultimately due to him finding his mother's love for him and the opposite as well, otherwise he wouldn't be moved by it. And Netero's love for mankind allowed him to trade his life for the king's defeat.

All pride ended with humility due to love. And doesn't that defeat the pride in all of us? Togashi = epic.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast