Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MMA

right
    and i'm certain that jones will shut Chael's trash spitting mouth with a submission

i think the duo will square off at an unnamed event on April 27, 2013.

do you remember the beef between Jones and Sonnen began in late August, when Sonnen's Team Quest teammate Dan Henderson was forced out of a scheduled fight with the champion. Sonnen attempted to step in on short notice, but Jones refused to fight the former middleweight with only one week to prepare a game plan.
    so The UFC President Dana White, was forced to cancel UFC 151 due to the absence of a PPV-worthy main event.

i'm really excited about this dual

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonnen getting a tittle shot was the joke of the year. Seriously, Hendo didn't fight only because he was hurt... now he'll have 2 tough fights to get another tittle shot. This was WWEsque. Chael has no chance by the way. The only guys who can strip Jones are Hendo(on good H bomb in) and Machida(who was fighting well until he got caught)... but both of them have small chances

I'm so sad with the beating that Cigano took last saturday, that was just bad man... and he asking why people were booing him.
    Anyway, I don't like Overeem and I think he has no chance against Cain... and he would have no chance against Cigano. He has no shin, I can't forget Shogun destroying him.
    And Shogun is another disappointment, he still young... but he isn't a shadow of he was once.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I don't like Overeem and I think he has no chance against Cain.
    totally agree with you ..he has no chance..with the pitbull attitude he have..i personally don't like his fighting

yup ..i didn't like the way he lost ..especially the last minute of the 5th round..'''Dos Santos keeps throwing punches in the last minute but Velasquez is just too strong, holding the Brazilian on the fence and mugging him with punches inside to the final horn.''

lost with an Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-43, 50-44)

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Thread

I've merged both current and previous MMA threads to avoid confusion.

souhail, can you refrain from using bright colours and huge font sizes for your posts please, it makes it difficult to concentrate. Thank you.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    Sonnen getting a tittle shot was the joke of the year. Seriously, Hendo didn't fight only because he was hurt... now he'll have 2 tough fights to get another tittle shot. This was WWEsque. Chael has no chance by the way. The only guys who can strip Jones are Hendo(on good H bomb in) and Machida(who was fighting well until he got caught)... but both of them have small chances

I'm so sad with the beating that Cigano took last saturday, that was just bad man... and he asking why people were booing him.
    Anyway, I don't like Overeem and I think he has no chance against Cain... and he would have no chance against Cigano. He has no shin, I can't forget Shogun destroying him.
    And Shogun is another disappointment, he still young... but he isn't a shadow of he was once.
    You do not Recover from a KnockDown,especialy from the 240lbs man that Cain is.Even with the minute rest in between rounds. Cigano did'nt even land his famous combinaison of fast,deadly punches.Velasquez's first round knockdown,then the relentless pressure of wresling and ground & pound made him the victor. Junior Dos Santos is my favorite brazilian fighter with a heart of a true champion. I think Velasquez may lose the belt against Overeem if he gets into the clinch to eat an Uber knee

Btw way Overeem has a chin.The thing is that damage taken throughout a fighter's career is accumulative. When alistair was as young as JJ, he fought as much as 6 times/year at the highest level(Pride)he has almost 50 MMA bouts + K1....being an active fighter has had consequences on his chin which is normal

@ souhail,I would to also to point GSP-Condit as the fight of the year.really impressed by Condit whom I at the time did'nt know about. same opinion as Goldy your color and character sizes have the effect of a Visual Bang
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that only means he has no shin anymore! The time he took his beating, he didn't have the mileage that he have now.

Guys who lost his shin with time are Wanderley Silva and Minotauro. The guys were monsters back in the day, now they can't stand too much punishment, Minoutaro still has something in him, but it's just sad to watch Wand these days.

And about Cigano, I know what that big punch did to him, after that he was like a drunk man out there. I was sad because he put himself in position to take that punch... I still believe in him, he didn't fold and keep trying until the final bell

---------- Post added February 02, 2013 at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was January 06, 2013 at 06:34 PM ----------

wow, today card is awesome.
    Aldo vs Edgar
    Evans vs Minotouro
    Overeem vs Bigfoot (I don't like bigfoot though)
    Fitch vs Maia

---------- Post added February 03, 2013 at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was February 02, 2013 at 10:11 PM ----------

Overeem got no shin
    I told you guys.. hehe

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So happy Bigfoot won! He yelling at KOed Overroid was priceless!

Aldo's cardio is really worrying past 4th round.... and Pettis chalenged him!!!! THAT would be a sick fight between amazing stand up fighters with great kicks!!!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what he gets for being so cocky.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

No title shot for him now.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yaeah... and now the HW havea problem. Who will get a title shot now? Bigfoot was destroyied by Cain, that was awful. The other top guys are already booked. Will they give Cigano another shot?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah! Werdum will get the shot if he beat Minotauro....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Nah! Werdum will get the shot if he beat Minotauro....
    I know, but until he fights Minotauro it will be june
    a time to rest time and the title fight will be at the end of the year?
    nobody wants that, Cain is healthy and should be defending his belt

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ninja2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how Jones uses that side leg kick to the thigh pushing back his opponet hard to get in close with him also is a excellent wrestler in his own right and has shown he can defend take downs well. Sonnen doesnt have a chance tko in the 2nd round I predict.

I'd love for Condit rematch over Diaz but I think the end result was the same. Who ever is going to beat GSP needs to have outstanding takedown defense andcommit to staying in close. Everytime Condit would circle out of an exchange he backed up a little cant do that..

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

JDS vs Overeem, and Bigfoot vs Cain II are set to UFC160....

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

JDS vs Cain should be cool... and Bigfoot probably will get his ass kicked again.
    I just hope that he don't trow some half assed kick at cain in the start of the fight again... that was just bad

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

JDS VS MARK HUNT UFC 160!!!

Quote Quote:
    and Bigfoot probably will get his ass kicked again.
    Highly doubt Big Foot will make the same mistake twice. Big Foot has shown his Coraçao in the Overeem fight
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast