Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    One thing that was annoying was that Jin Mo-Ri was able to snap the Judge's forearm, yet none of his kicks and punches were able to leave visible wounds on Jae Kal-Taek who was just standing still with his hands in his pockets taking the beating.
    You echo my frustration bro. This was really an annoying read, i mean what good is bone breaking kicks and ultra coolness when you cant break the bones of the opponent who you are supposed to beat?

Any way the chap was good no doubt and its good that i am hating that Taek more and more. Wish jin mori can seriously kick his a$$. Not to mention i am waiting for the the training others are putting into to get in an even footing to bear its fruit.

Incidentally what is the gap between successive release? I kind a check all the manga i read in a given day of a week if i can get it i read it if i cant then i wait for the next week so i was not really keen abt the dates (TOG is an exception). But it would be good to know when it comes out, any info regarding it will be appreciated
    Last edited by shaheer; January 21, 2013 at 07:57 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursday Mornings US time, with a release from mangapirate in the afternoon/early evening US time.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, what's with all those red noses? Like, go home Bak Mu Jin, you're drunk. And 80% of the people as well.

Or is it cold?

Can't get used to it
    Last edited by Razh; January 25, 2013 at 03:23 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

nice chap. it seems there will be a semifinal and we will get to see Taek in a formal match finally. We will see the previous match between Park and Taek in the next chap, the whole company is crumbling internally, the gramps didnt take the death lightly or maturedly.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter irked me. Not for the emotion which was conveyed, I understand all of that. The big guy from the 6 is a storm of emotions after losing his company, betrayed by his members, and losing his grandson. The crippled girl is blaming others for her powerlessness, she still feels weak etc

What I didn't like was how the big guy just went along with what the strong Priest from the religious faction said about Park as a certified fact. Why believe him about Park being the Key? Also, what is the point of this tournament anyway. Just to find a key which is supposed to help bring down gods. Why do you even need to take down the gods? Bak Mu-Jin is a smart guy, he didn't take his former friends words about Park being the key as a definite, but why does he want to use Jae-Kal Taek's power? Why isn't he even questioning if he's on their side or not? Also, why would they even need the power of someone like him when all the Judges are clearly stronger than all the contestants?

None of them have gone over the video of the kid in the hospital bed receiving power from the priest guy, or thought it odd how he just transformed.

I know at this current point in the story man of these questions can't be answered, and some will be answered in the future, but these were just smackhead moments for me.

Also, I am not a fan of how Park and Jae-Kal Taek are fighting the semi final round 1v1. I know that Park's team is crippled, but that didn't stop the previous rounds from fighting 1v3 and so on. We know that Park has much history with Jae-Kal Taek, and now he has even more after he crippled his 2 teammates. There has been much foreshadowing of Jin Mo-Ri's teammates facing off with Jae-Kal Taek's teammates, we saw them scuffle with one another before, and we saw them asking for training from the Judges. So most likely the final will come to a big confrontation of Jin Mo-Ri's team vs Jae-Kal Taek's team. Which kind of makes this semi final match pointless to me.

I had a bunch typed out, accidentally pressed backspace and lost it all, so this post isn't nearly as good as the previous one

---------- Post added January 31, 2013 at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was January 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM ----------

Chapter 93 is a boring transition/backstory chapter. Yet again something dumb happens that irks me. They match the damage both fighters start the fight with. They have both lost 30% of their stamina. Why?

The tournament up till now you are supposed to continue on to the next round with whatever injuries you received in the prior rounds. Why do something different and dumb now? Not every fight till now have the fighters been at 100% health.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1 v 1 and matching their HP makes sense if you consider the clinic fight as Ju-Goks and Taek's fault. There has been interference with Mo-Ri's team but it is easy to assume there was no evidence of that interference: Jin's grandpa retrieval was outside of the tournaments knowledge and his choice, Dae-Wi chose to exclude himself from matches by interfering in one, and Mi-Ra's sonic damage can also be included. So basically Jae-Kal is being punished for overreacting in a non-sanctioned match

Got to get Il-Pyo's backstory since he has been built up and about to go down. Agreed LoS, this is all a buildup to the team Jae-Kal vs team Mo-Ri.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapter is out http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...96&weekday=fri

Don´t need to know Korean to understand what´s happening. The Key is torturing the long haired guy until he pulls out his ace ability. Apparently, he can absorb other people´s abilities and make them his own, probably by killing them in a certain way. I know that i am late in saying this but honestly, those weird abilities really turn me off. I enjoyed the series much more when it was about martial arts, even if it was unrealistic back then.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    New chapter is out http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...96&weekday=fri

Don´t need to know Korean to understand what´s happening. The Key is torturing the long haired guy until he pulls out his ace ability. Apparently, he can absorb other people´s abilities and make them his own, probably by killing them in a certain way. I know that i am late in saying this but honestly, those weird abilities really turn me off. I enjoyed the series much more when it was about martial arts, even if it was unrealistic back then.

This chap pisses me off due to this. It is not a fighting tournament any more its getting retarded.
    mixure of pokemon and HSD kenici.
    i get the summoning the familiar to aid battle but this is too much
    animal summoning to eat the guy and now summoning wizard s and orc like beings what gives !!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This summoned army looks like a bunch of fodder charyeok. Even still hope it is a one off ability as well.

Increasingly unrealistic abilities make characters, already thin to begin with, even harder to understand and care about

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i really think that the green haired guy skill is eating up the power of his enemies because when his summon bites the hand of the fox the fox's ears and powers was gone well half of it anyway i really think that he is just using those summons to tire him out and eat all of his powers and use it for himself

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

This Manhwa jumped the shark once Charyeok was introduced, which is unfortunate because conceptually Charyeok could be pretty cool. As others have mentioned this chapter in particular was just over the top silly, a horde of fodder type extremely goofy and out of place looking Charyeok avatars showing up was too much.

I think every single story about abilities and such always has someone who is a parasite type, who can adopt/steal the ability/power of others.

Thing is that if this is Jae-Kal's ace, his best move, we have already seen all he has to offer. So what would happen in the fight between him and Jin Mo-Ri? I guess that final battle will be interrupted by the Priest organization.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if the green haired dude's team wins that means he is already loss to Jin Mori because Jin didn't even use those summon and just use full strength Jin is not happy that you need some summon to become strong that's why he don't need those at all

this fight is also for the green haired team 100% win because the fox is the only one left on the team and if green haired dude lose there is still 2 members left

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    this fight is also for the green haired team 100% win because the fox is the only one left on the team and if green haired dude lose there is still 2 members left
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was decided this will be 1 on 1 fight, since Kal-Taek made Il-Pyo's team mates unable to fight.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was decided this will be 1 on 1 fight, since Kal-Taek made Il-Pyo's team mates unable to fight.
    yes its 1 v 1 and i think Taek will win even if it was 1 v 3 because this will push Jin mori to go extreme. i mean he will realize how much out of league he is so he will push himself to do sth that we didnt see so far

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a strong feeling this would happen. We wouldn't get to see the end of the tournament because the Priest organization would crash the fights. So basically that power up Jaek just got puts him on the level of the Judges we have seen.

New Reply
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast