Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park

there are still un-answered questions in my mind

* what is the purpose of the key?
    * is the key the only way to become a god?
    * if the white hair dude knows that Monkey King is alive should he serve the true god?
    * is Jin Mo Ri this guy? before his memory loss?
    * how in the world Jin Tae Jin and Il-Pyo's dad manage to survive that Monkey King?
    * does the US know that there is a base on the moon?
    * how Jin Mo Ri lost all of his memories?
    * does Jin Tae Jin use a tech to erase Jin Tae Jin's memory?
    * is the greedy guy who absorb anything survive that lightning strike from Kinto Cloud?

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Did EG Scans drop this series? They haven't had an update in weeks. Kinda sucks, because Mangacow has some obvious poor word choice in their translations.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

On the final page there is a "fin" so does that mean goh ends?

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like it. But the last 3 chapter brang much more questions than answers...

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Scanlation available, it's not the last chapter, but the epilogue is near. As it seems, it would only be the end of an arc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that part 2 is ending with the epilogue of next week. I wonder if there's going to be a part 3. Anyways, things are starting to make sense and I wasn't deceived by this kind of end for Greed. I loved how the Grandpa was proud of his grandson! Let's see what happens in the next chapter, I hope they give answers to where those gods comes from etc...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that the part 3 would be the actual war, now that the six found the key and have now the lost king.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The original king i think is sun wukong but jin tae jin hide that and now the bishop and the other priest think that tjey need a new king and they need greed eating a key to become god but the difference of those god was explained by the old alchemist that sun wukong was born a god flesh and bone and greed was just borrowing the power of a god and i think the fox is just a normal animal that hates human and transformed into a demon and people starts to worship the fox thinking he's a god

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mngacow.com/the-god-of-high-school/111/
    Where are all those characters coming from? I really don't know what to expect anymore. But it's still great and it's starting to make sense little by little. Also the new member of the six is hilarious lol

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Elder that died was trying to contain the explosion within a dome that would have destroyed that underground cavern, but he opted not to because the kids were down there. But oh wait, so too was a member of the 6 who was asleep. Seems like a last minute oversight by the author.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    So the Elder that died was trying to contain the explosion within a dome that would have destroyed that underground cavern, but he opted not to because the kids were down there. But oh wait, so too was a member of the 6 who was asleep. Seems like a last minute oversight by the author.
    I disagree, since the beggining of the tournament the goal of the contenders was to win in order to get their wish fullfilled. Moreover, we've just learned now that the wish can only be fullfilled by the last member of the six who happened to be resting under the tournament dome in some kind of shrine in order to get his full power back.

It does make sense since we're going back to the original goal of the tournament with the last member of the six help so I don't see that as a last minute oversight by the author but more like a clarification to how they can get their wish fullfilled.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    ... they need greed eating a key to become god ...
    The key is less becoming a god, and more a power up to stand up to gods while still being human. For godhood you need both power and immortality. Power that lets you live forever doesn't count, but rather actually living beyond a normal span of years

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    ... the fox is just a normal animal that hates human and transformed into a demon and people starts to worship the fox thinking he's a god
    In a culture with animism and ancestor worship it isn't too useful to think of false gods. A destructive hateful god just means you pray for its peace and departure

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    I disagree, since the beggining of the tournament the goal of the contenders was to win in order to get their wish fullfilled. Moreover, we've just learned now that the wish can only be fullfilled by the last member of the six who happened to be resting under the tournament dome in some kind of shrine in order to get his full power back.

It does make sense since we're going back to the original goal of the tournament with the last member of the six help so I don't see that as a last minute oversight by the author but more like a clarification to how they can get their wish fullfilled.
    Literally nothing you just typed answers why he would have allowed the explosion to happen knowing a member of the Six was down there asleep. He seemingly only canceled the restrictive dome because of the children below.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Literally nothing you just typed answers why he would have allowed the explosion to happen knowing a member of the Six was down there asleep. He seemingly only canceled the restrictive dome because of the children below.
    The magician knew the kids were down there when they fell but he still wanted to kill Sang man duk but when he saw that they climbed their way up to the arena near him, he cancelled the explosion so that they wouldn't get harmed.

He didn't seem like he would cancel it if they were still down there, this makes me think that the underground area was either too deep or that Sang man duk's shield would prevent it to go that deep.

I still don't see how this would make you think that the cavern and the last member of the six were a last minute oversight.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Actually I forgot about this panel, http://mngacow.com/the-god-of-high-school/98/4/ . So I don't think it was a last minute oversight!

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the fact that the female 6 member would grant a wish has been foreshadowed for ages now. Just not that her location was in a cave beneath the arena, a cave right where the kids were which was deemed too close to the explosion blast radius. So then wouldn't she be too close to the blast radius as well?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever heard of blast shelters ?

New Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast