Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tommy rod

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member pirateninjahunter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tommy rod

Hello guys!

I think it is weird that Toriko defeated Tommyrod. I mean, Tommyrod had to use his strongest weapon ( that bug inside him) to try to defeat Toriko. It is probably safe to say that Toriko already surpassed Tommy today.

What is funny is that Stadyjun seems to be leagues above Toriko. Grinparch on the other hand seem to be quite strong. Because when he went to the isotope, there were two very strong guys waiting for him the Gourmet Association second and third.

What are you thoughts?
    Reading list in order from best to least good:
    HxH, OP, Gantz, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Berserk, D.Gray-Man, Psyren, Kamen Teacher, Zetman and Fairy Tail

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dasbones's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tommy rod

I think that if Tommyrod didn't fool around and waste all of his energy on the bugs and went full strength the whole time, Toriko would not have made it out of there.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally difficult to say. Both were pushed at their limits and it was eventually a third party, saseiya teppei who intervened. I think that without his help, toriko and others would have been dead. It was teppei who ended the fight.

I expect a rematch between these two, both grown stronger
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that what we saw of Tommy was what he was capable of doing at that time. Just like Koen i expect a rematch between these two, who will obviously be a lot more strong by then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Tommy would've won had he not been fooling around and went all out against Toriko. He only needs to develop his cells more, then add some new, nasty GW insects.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They made a point in the Ice Hell arc that all the fighters were weaker than their opponents. Takimaru was beaten nearly to death, as were all of Match's men. And Match lost a leg. Toriko got totally exhausted until he couldn't use his arms anymore. He won by tricking Tommyrod using the phytoncide and the bugs. It allowed him to get Tommy to exhaust all his bugs. Then he came up with a new technique at the last moment to take one of Tommy's arms. And even after that, Teppei had to finish him off, but he still survived. So Tommyrod was stronger than Toriko at the time, but Toriko still managed to win, really.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

"Toriko defeated Tommyrod"
    How come? In the end Tommyrod was the one standing, and was about to finish the unconscious Toriko, but Teppei stopped his attack. So Toriko didn't win, he lost and was saved by Teppei. You are not the winner, when the opponent is standing above you, and he is about to kill you and you can't do nothing about it. Yeah Tommyrod was injured a lot by Toriko, but was defeated by Teppei and not by Toriko.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Unok. lol

Back then they were on different levels and as for a rematch I'm sure that Toriko will win. Toriko will have a hard time fighting TommyBug, though.
    I can't stand TommyRod and he's only back again to get his ass kicked by Toriko.
    Only to show Toriko's growth.

Edit: No offense, though. I just hate bugs, so...
    Last edited by ~Andrew~; September 15, 2011 at 08:40 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know why, but tommyrod really reminds me of Frieza

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pirateninjahunter View Post
    Hello guys!

I think it is weird that Toriko defeated Tommyrod. I mean, Tommyrod had to use his strongest weapon ( that bug inside him) to try to defeat Toriko. It is probably safe to say that Toriko already surpassed Tommy today.

What is funny is that Stadyjun seems to be leagues above Toriko. Grinparch on the other hand seem to be quite strong. Because when he went to the isotope, there were two very strong guys waiting for him the Gourmet Association second and third.

What are you thoughts?
    Toriko didn't defeat Rommyrod, saseiya teppei did.
    And he didn't need his strongest bug for toriko but for saseiya teppei because he was knocked by him.

He was jast heavily injured because he underestimated Toriko, but if he would have gone fullstrength in the beginning toriko would probably be dead now. But eh he probably got a lil stronger now but has probably not endured such harsh training as toriko so if they have a rematch they probably will have a good all out match, caus Tommy won't go easy on Toriko for a second time, the first time almost got him killed.
    But ofcource Toriko wil win to show he 's at or above a lvl of a souschef

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't really need harsh training. When he fought Toriko he was said to already be strong enough to enter the Gourmet World, so I'm sure his increased G-Cell powers will be more than enough to match Toriko and the Gang when they fight again. Then again, I myself am hoping he fight Sani instead of Toriko. That fight would be hilarious.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    He doesn't really need harsh training. When he fought Toriko he was said to already be strong enough to enter the Gourmet World, so I'm sure his increased G-Cell powers will be more than enough to match Toriko and the Gang when they fight again. Then again, I myself am hoping he fight Sani instead of Toriko. That fight would be hilarious.

I think that it would be very likely. It is somewhat destined that Toriko and Tommyrod would fight again because there last fight was interrupted. A rematch is logical BUT everyone is nowadays acknowledging Toriko. Grinpatch, Staajyun,... etc I think all these bishokukai want to fight Toriko.

Well, I hope for a rematch between Toriko and Tommyrod but I wouldn't be surprised if another heavenly king claims to be Tommyrod's opponent
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot187 View Post
    Toriko didn't defeat Rommyrod, saseiya teppei did.
    And he didn't need his strongest bug for toriko but for saseiya teppei because he was knocked by his fascination for teenmanga.

He was jast heavily injured because he underestimated Toriko, but if he would have gone fullstrength in the beginning toriko would probably be dead now. But eh he probably got a lil stronger now but has probably not endured such harsh training as toriko so if they have a rematch they probably will have a good all out match, caus Tommy won't go easy on Toriko for a second time, the first time almost got him killed.
    But ofcource Toriko wil win to show he 's at or above a lvl of a souschef
    Hi. I've found great interest in reading your post but can you please explain what makes you think he did underestimate Toriko ? Thanks very much

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the most plausible reason why we can conclude that Tommy understimated Toriko is that he didn't go all-out from the start - neither with his physical strength, nor with his different bugs.
    If he used anything of it from the start Toriko would have been dead for sure.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Tommyrod vs Love, who do you think would win?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast