Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Magician by Kim Sa Rae

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Magician by Kim Sa Rae

Yandere, Tsundere, Kuudere, and Deredere all have to do with how girls react to love. A Yandere isn't the same thing as a stalker. That's actually generally a part of the Deredere domain.

To throw out my definitions.

A Yandere looks innocent and loving but underneath is actually violent, insane, or otherwise scary.

- Examples vary from cutely scary like Ayase from Orimo, Tsukihi from Monogatari, and Momo from To-Luv Ru to full blown psychopathic like Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki. (I prefer the cute side of that range)

Most Commonly Associated Crime: Conspiracy to Commit Murder or Premeditated Murder (depending on how extreme they are.)

A Tsundere on is a girl who puts for the exterior of being angry of violent but deep down is loving.

- Examples that jump to mind would be Jinie from The Breaker: NW, Taiga from Toradora, and of course Iremi.

Most Commonly Associated Crime: Aggravated Assault

A Kuudere is a girl that keeps on a cool/cold exterior but is actually loving underneath.

- Examples would be Senjogahara from Bakamonogatari, Saber from Fate/Stay Night, and Sera from The Breaker: New Waves

Most Commonly Associated Crime: None (They tend to adhere to rules.)

A Deredere is a character who is overwhelming loving outside and in.

- Examples would be Tachibana from Nisekoi, Ayame from Gintama, and of course Mollivore.

Most Commonly Associated Crime: Breaking and Entering (Nothing gets in the way of true love.)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stalking is something both Yandere and Deredere characters can do but I think most of the more famous ones are Deredere. Take Ayame from Gintama for example she's the highest tier of stalker and she's all Deredere.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... so the guard captain wants to retire .....guess he'll die soon then [retirement + boasting of a character is generally a sign of killing him/her to give MC some mental upgrade of sort]

Anyways , I think Kal knows about Enzu being the prince right ? I hope that the old man informs on Enzu to the current king , it might make things interesting .

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    Hmm... so the guard captain wants to retire .....guess he'll die soon then [retirement + boasting of a character is generally a sign of killing him/her to give MC some mental upgrade of sort]

Anyways , I think Kal knows about Enzu being the prince right ? I hope that the old man informs on Enzu to the current king , it might make things interesting .
    Yeah, that's death flag #2.

(Having the little girl who can't stand being separated from him is death flag #1)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

if you like : Tolkien , George R. R. Martin, you need to give a shot to this title. While it maybe doesnt have as much dark/gritty tone that the Song of ice and fire ( game of thrones) has ... it will still feel like a true epic fantasy.

Story : is well rounded, with an interesting plot surrounding 3 main characters.. its simple at first and get more and more interesting.. while i feel like the story is a little to straightfoward and sometime a little repetitive, it is still an amazing adventure, and i can only praise the well balanced world and idea behind this journey story.

Dialogue : this is probably the greatest problem in this title... dont get me wrong, the dialogue are great , they are funy , well done , really clear and has a nice pace to the conversations itself .... why do i say its the biggest problem ? in truth it s maybe about the story , but it feels as if this title is the longest and more SLOW PACE title ive ever read ... many chapters and conversation feel like its a little too much and just dont bring anything new on the table... with this slow pace the whole story sometime test ur patience... it is not that it is not interesting if you are really dedicated , but sometime it feels like things are just there to be there, and u wished things would develloped a little more instead of stopping at every meaningless town or cities and adding not really usefull conversations.

Animation : it is by far one of the greatest art ive seen ... while proportions and sometime place feel like they have been done in 2 seconds , somehow the author magicaly make it feels like this is a piece of fantastic art .. it is fully colored. The working with the lights is probably the stronger point. the style the feel of the art is just very well done ... its different that most other style ive seen but the animation it carries to the reader is immersive and great....
    I cant tell you the fights scenes are one of the most epic you ll seen , with lot of light , hue saturation effect to be impressed with ... one fight with Edermask and one with his friend the swordman in the snow are in the best fight sequences i ve seen in all that ive read , and believe me ive read a lot of titles ....

entertainement : While this is not in my favorite title to read at the moment it is certainly one of the best title ive read in a long time... and it worth a look to anyone looking for a great adventure... it is enjoyable , especially if you skip some place where it is just too slow, that is seriously my only issue, overall it is a really cool title

peace

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Lately magicians pace has been really low, its all about strategy and talks and social bonding. Almost the precise reason why S1 was boring. Wish they hurry up with the thrilling actions...i am dying to see some super sword actions

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we got a OMAS is going to be releasing a bunch of chapters starting today.

I thought the chapter that was just released (111 of vol 2) was really good despite the fact that Enzu isn't on the move yet. And the way the mercenaries were presented more like a group of commandos that individual fighters was pretty sweet. Sets them apart from the bounty hunters in a good way.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mass release out.

Shit truly gets real. And keeps at it. The sudden Edermask reveal was really unexpected!

---------- Post added September 09, 2013 at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was September 08, 2013 at 11:40 PM ----------

Hold on... what about the injury that Edermask was supposed to have?
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap. OMAS is awesome! Thats a **** ton of chapters in a few days time. We have done something i never would have expected. We pretty much are caught up on chapters! The revelation was kind of shocking. Im pretty sure Edan will end up finding them so Enzu can actually compare levels to him and to also show off the groups powers to edermask so he can have a better understanding.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

OMAS is on a spree wow, and I am really annoyed by the excessive power of Janus i mean this is unreal the difference between janus and eldermask is like the difference between say mercenary king and eldermask or sth. Thats simply crazy

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more annoyed that Eldermask seems to have gotten a pass for being a prick yet again.

Runs off and leaves Iremi, Dirt, Mattew and Enzu to die. Doesn't even act sorry about it. Instead acts like a total dick to them for even looking for him in the first place. Then they all run out and rationalize his douchery away; and convince themselves he's somehow a saint. Then there is the hot elf girl whose friend was literally murdered by him in addition to him trying to murder her; for no good reason that I can recall other than she was looking for him. Yet now she's running around all Deredere...

Maybe this is my dislike of the Eldermask character bleeding through but...seriously?!
    Last edited by Jammin; September 10, 2013 at 06:59 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

ya i think its your raw annoyance with eldermask showing out. To be honest i thought eldermas was right in asking what was their reason, ie why are they searching for him He never really asked for any companions in the first place with regards to enzu iremi and dirt... and not like he used them to gain much
    but i agree with u about the elf girl... she was annoying

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, is it just me or does the elf girl's explanation her relationship with eldermask make no sense at all....

She's like yeah I remember you murdered my friend or comrade or whatever but since I ran around thinking you were my hubby for so long I'm just going to roll with that. Is there something I missed or is that what just happened?
    Last edited by Jammin; September 29, 2013 at 03:04 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Ok, is it just me or does the elf girl's explanation her relationship with eldermask make no sense at all....

She's like yeah I remember you murdered my friend or comrade or whatever but since I ran around thinking you were my hubby for so long I'm just going to roll with that. Is there something I missed or is that what just happened?
    One reaction to that chapter 306: WTF ? It was appaling and easily the worst chapter of this webtoon. Marie x Edermask makes just no sense. I didn't get it either.
    Basically, Marie had a mental breakdown & Edermask took advantage of the situation. That's how I get it & It's just wrong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither do I. TBH I expected Marie to just say "fuck off, I don't wanna see you ever again" when she finds out she's been deceiving herself all that time. I sure hope that won't stay relevant in the story, because it'd seriously spoil it.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand chapter 306 seemed pretty retarded. I'm thinking he just lets Marie say whatever she likes. No way they're together nor have a sexual relationship. All I got from that chapter was she's severely delusional.

New Reply
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast