Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Magician by Kim Sa Rae

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

[Webtoon] Magician by Kim Sa Rae

MAGICIAN

Demographics:
    Seongin (Seinen)
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance
    Publishing Status: Ongoing
    Writer: KIM Sarae
    Artist: KIM Sarae
    On MH: Magician / manga updates
    Groups Scanlating: Easy Going Scans

About the Story
    In the village of Adatt, Iremi, the tomboy granddaughter of a local witch, sees the infamous mage Edermask en route to her hometown. Wanting to find out who's stronger, she sets off to challenge him with his childhood friend Enzu, a novice swordsman who's always being dragged around wherever she goes… However, in the background there is a war going on between the two powerful nations Teodorl and Aleumhan in order to rule the sea!

See manga updates > Magician for additional introduction.

Personal Note: This is story rooted in adventure, fantasy, mystery, fantasy with some Romance elements. Without spoiling too much, I will say that the main character is a man wanted for over 300 years! If you like to read a series with any of these types of genres mentioned above, please read Magician. It is very enjoyable and the art work, scenary and fights shown throughout the series draws you to the series.
    Last edited by Charlie; September 06, 2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: magaupdates link added.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Magicain

I read the serie for the art which is nice and original for a web-comic but the plot is a bit to RPG like for my taste.

For those who want to try it, the serie seems an old one from naver and the scanlation are still far behind. So don't expect regular update like for Noblesse and Tower of God.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Magician

The scans for chapter 67 are out from EG scans.

Spoiler: Chapter 67 discussion show

---------- Post added September 16, 2011 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was September 01, 2011 at 06:10 PM ----------

Chapter 68 and 69 are out from eg scans.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added September 23, 2011 at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was September 16, 2011 at 12:38 AM ----------

Magician chapter 70 is out from eg scans. Get it from there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading it now.... Good manhwa! Andi think i choose the right moment to start reading since some mystery may be revealed now.... That Janus guy obviously know from where the imortals (him and edermask) are.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Magician 71 is out from eg scans.

Spoiler show

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ethan is really getting better as a character, i almost don't want the brat to kill him anymore! After all, someone has to do things like he does when the country is at war and being manipulated by some bastard in the shadows!

And the talking sword is more funny than D!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just started this one.

The art's a little sketchy and the start seems like prototypical shounen but seems ok.~
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still reading, but it isn't one of the best webcomics out there.... The plot seems slow now and the characters are not that charismatic, that Enzu just pisses me off! I get the feeling the story is good but the author should show more others plots....

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a little late with the updates here but the current scan is up to chapter 82. I have not read the current scan yet.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    Just started this one.

The art's a little sketchy and the start seems like prototypical shounen but seems ok.~
    Hard to fully agree. It has a little bit of everything I think. It doesn't really follow shounen standards at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I'm still reading, but it isn't one of the best webcomics out there.... The plot seems slow now and the characters are not that charismatic, that Enzu just pisses me off! I get the feeling the story is good but the author should show more others plots....
    Keep going, its a bit different and a tad slow at times.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well slow pace seems to be something typical from web comic, it's also part of their charms. I like the art of magician and it gives him a particular atmosphere. As for the plot, it's true it's a bit conventional. However, the current chapters seems to be interesting to test the current potential of the children.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was time that we saw something else than Edermask. This sword battle is entertaining. I didn't expect Enzu was this strong already.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't too slow moving, it's not too bad. Kind of reminds me of dungeons and dragons or Lord of the Rings. The art is defiantly different than any other art out there but I find it enjoyable for this reason.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the art and I can handle slow pacing but the Edermask character isn't someone I think I'll ever be able to really invest in. He's got nothing that really pulls me in.

For a while the other characters were like that too but over the course of the series Enzu and Iremi have endeared themselves to me. The sense of growth with them and the character dynamic they have with the rest of the cast is good enough to keep me reading; but Edermask himself is somebody I really just don't care about. I realize he's supposed to be somewhat anti-heroic but I don't feel like I've been given enough reason to have a rooting interest in anything he does.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 04, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just caught up on Magician after not reading for a while.

My opinion of Enzu and Iremi continues to soar and my opinion of Eldermask and his whole storyline continues to drop like a stone. This series is ok as is but just imagine for a moment if Eldermask got killed off and there was a time-skip of like at least 4-5 years. I think this series would be soooo much better. Have Iremi be the "Magician" with Enzu as her main traveling companion, she's pretty much carrying the series as it is anyway. There are more than enough story threads to build off of.

Because this Eldermask versus his equally overpowered evil twin business is like Aizen versus Aizen; no matter who wins the audience loses.

---------- Post added July 12, 2012 at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was June 22, 2012 at 03:40 PM ----------

I'm up to chapter 177 now and I think I can finally recommend this series. It took a while to really get going but starting but at around chapter 150ish things finally started moving.

Spoiler show

In many ways the Magician up until now has been a kind of a spiritual successor to Berserk. But unlike Guts, who was a well developed Byronic Hero(meaning heroic but also arrogant, scornful, and such), Eldermask is a far less well developed anti-hero character with a benevolent and paternal streak. To me that has always been the thing holding the Magician back from being as good as Berserk. In fact I think other character comparisons of similar characters actually look favorable for the Magician in my opinion.

I like Iremi's character more than Schierke's

I like Enzu's character more than Isidro's

And with recent plot developments I feel like things are finally going somewhere that the series can make full use of it's strengths and really take things to another level.

---------- Post added July 14, 2012 at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was July 12, 2012 at 09:37 AM ----------

After reading 180 the final chapter of Volume 1 I would like to amend my opinion of this series once and for all.

The Magician is @#$in' great!!!!

The pacing maybe be slow but the place it ultimately gets to so is amazingly stunningly fantastically good. This series is a MUST read now in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 12, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Magician by Kim Sa Rae

Well with your last posts I may restart especially since the new scanlation team is making huge progress at the moment. I stopped at the end of Natasha arc if I remember correctly. Like you I found the pace terribly slow, honestly 150 chapters...
    It's a bit like crepuscule, the plot seems to finally starting to get somewhere.

New Reply
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast