Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Gon's Nen Recovery: possible or impossible?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon's Nen Recovery: possible or impossible?

I personally think that Gon's possible Nen recovery is the hottest topic in the entire section aside from the actual chapter. This thread's purpose is to collect ideas of how it will or could be done. I've seen already good ideas regarding that in many different threads, but I don't recall, which thread it was, so I took the initiative to make this thread, in order to share my thoughts in one place regarding Gon's possible Nen recovery.

Here is what, I think of what might happen to Gon. Since we know that Gon must have sacrifice his own use of Nen, it's likely to assume that he won't ever be able to use his 'own' Nen as Pitou confirmed.

http://www.mangareader.net/207-50826...apter-306.html

That leads me to believe, if Gon won't ever be able to use his 'own' Nen anymore then how will he continue his journey? So I re-read the whole Arc again and stopped, when Gon was reunited with Kaito.

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I think Kaito might come into play. Well, Pitou confirmed that he died, when he told Gon that he wasn't capable of restoring him. And before the invasion began in their reunion, Knuckle also said that despite being controlled by Pitou's nen he still was able to use his own Nen. On top of it Knuckle sealed Kaito's Nen as shown on this page. That's really the only way of how Gon will be able to use Nen, if someone transfers Kaito's nen into Gon.
    We know that transferring one's Nen is possible, when Yupi and Pufu voluntarly transferred theirs to the King.

Credits:Shinsatsu

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon's Nen Recovery: possible or impossible?

Yupi and pufu did not merely transfer their nen, they literally gave their bodies away. I don't think you can just transfer nen like that. Also, we still don't know what exactly will be the result of gon using that form. Losing his nen is the most extreme scenario (and perfectly possible) but in turn he could have also merely lost his talent and as a result he would take that much longer to learn nen and thus not reaching the heights he would have earned before... Anyways, merely transferring someone's nen wouldn't help one way or the other, moreover, whoever restores gon to what he was would invariably have to pay a huge price for restoring whatever nen related thing gon lost, it is not something which can be done by anyone we know off.... heck, what gon lost is invariably so HUGE that it might as well cost whoever restores him his life.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

We can always expect the King giving his Nen to Gon now that He actually want to be a human. I know it's a bit too much asking and not very likely to happen but it's a great way to heal Gon. By giving the King's talent.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Yupi and pufu did not merely transfer their nen, they literally gave their bodies away. I don't think you can just transfer nen like that. Also, we still don't know what exactly will be the result of gon using that form. Losing his nen is the most extreme scenario (and perfectly possible) but in turn he could have also merely lost his talent and as a result he would take that much longer to learn nen and thus not reaching the heights he would have earned before... Anyways, merely transferring someone's nen wouldn't help one way or the other, moreover, whoever restores gon to what he was would invariably have to pay a huge price for restoring whatever nen related thing gon lost, it is not something which can be done by anyone we know off.... heck, what gon lost is invariably so HUGE that it might as well cost whoever restores him his life.
    We can definetly assume that whatever Gon's result concerning his one time power up will be, he will pay a huge price for it. Because his power up wasn't ordinary, he basically turned himself into from a bug waiting to be crushed (from Pitou's perspective) into a vermin exterminator and that in a matter of seconds. That's why, I only can think of Kaito since he is already dead and his Aura would be wasted on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    We can always expect the King giving his Nen to Gon now that He actually want to be a human. I know it's a bit too much asking and not very likely to happen but it's a great way to heal Gon. By giving the King's talent.
    I think that by the time Killua and Gon arrive at the palace, the King won't be alive anymore. If Gon would be consicous, he wouldn't accept it. You know how stubborn Gon can be his pride would never allow such a thing.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I think that by the time Killua and Gon arrive at the palace, the King won't be alive anymore. If Gon would be consicous, he wouldn't accept it. You know how stubborn Gon can be his pride would never allow such a thing.
    Let's put the situation in which Gon fades away due the effort made, Killua uses his God's speed and reaches the palace just in time. Killua talks with Palm and gets updated in the situation and goes to the King to be certain of things. Then He finds out the King who can feel Killua's loyalty to Gon and in his last moment returns his potential by giving his.

Too many events to happen and I doubt it gets like this...But oh well. One can dream. Still I think it would be more interesting to take an entire arc for its recovery.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gon could possibly get Nen from someone else transferring their own nen (and losing their nen in the process) to Gon.

Who could or would do this? Well who better than Gon's own father, Ging Freaks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Transferring aura just seems completely out of the league of what people should be capable of based on the established worldview. If there's an entity who can do it, it would have to be Meryem since he clearly breaks the law on what ought to be possible. I originally believed that there was no way Meryem would help Gon, but right now there seems to be some indication that Meryem may indeed help human beings, not out of benevolence, but because it's his duty. After all, Meryem always viewed it as his duty to guide humanity since he's supposed to be the light that shines upon all. He also said that special humans deserve to live so maybe Gon will be one of those special guys too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Transferring aura just seems completely out of the league of what people should be capable of based on the established worldview. If there's an entity who can do it, it would have to be Meryem since he clearly breaks the law on what ought to be possible. I originally believed that there was no way Meryem would help Gon, but right now there seems to be some indication that Meryem may indeed help human beings, not out of benevolence, but because it's his duty. After all, Meryem always viewed it as his duty to guide humanity since he's supposed to be the light that shines upon all. He also said that special humans deserve to live so maybe Gon will be one of those special guys too.
    That's possible and would be interesting. Though that could possibly put Gon at risk for the Rose Bomb poisoning.

Still I think Ging would be a good choice too. He's a 2 star hunter (though I think it's been said he could be 3 star rank)
    and he's most likely a very skilled nen user. So I wouldn't be surprised at him being able to do something like nen transfer.
    Also since it's Gon's father it would make more sense for him to give up his own nen for Gon rather than some complete stranger.

Though with the King about to die anyways it's a good alternative.

I don't think nen transfer would be completely out of league. It wouldn't be like trading cards. One person would give up their
    nen to someone who has no nen and the person who gives it up no longer has nen. The difficulty with it is that few people
    are just going to give you their nen that they worked so hard for.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

the problem is that nen isn't tangible like that. They *produce* nen. This would be like one of them giving up his ability to think or something. Not impossible given what Gon did, but...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tombadgerlock View Post
    the problem is that nen isn't tangible like that. They *produce* nen. This would be like one of them giving up his ability to think or something. Not impossible given what Gon did, but...
    Well it could be exchange nen and die or something.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, *talent* isn't something that is tangible neither.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, *talent* isn't something that is tangible neither.
    Hence why i said 'given what gon did, it might not be impossible'. Still, i htink there is a difference between forbidding ourself to access our talent and actually gifting it to someone else.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hence why i said 'given what gon did, it might not be impossible'. Still, i htink there is a difference between forbidding ourself to access our talent and actually gifting it to someone else.
    Yeah I know, I was adding yo your post :P

And well, King's Gourmet could also mean that He can do a final meat for someone else than himself. Metaphorically speaking.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the fact that no major character showed up in part 315 increases the chance of Gon's recovery. Let's face it, it really wouldn't make much sense to have a long drawn theme where Gon or Killua plead to Meryem for his help (and I see no one else capable of doing something like this). But, if it's merely a flashback, it could be something like "Meryem helped us for reasons we do not understand".

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I think Gon could possibly get Nen from someone else transferring their own nen (and losing their nen in the process) to Gon.

Who could or would do this? Well who better than Gon's own father, Ging Freaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    That's possible and would be interesting. Though that could possibly put Gon at risk for the Rose Bomb poisoning.

Still I think Ging would be a good choice too. He's a 2 star hunter (though I think it's been said he could be 3 star rank)
    and he's most likely a very skilled nen user. So I wouldn't be surprised at him being able to do something like nen transfer.
    Also since it's Gon's father it would make more sense for him to give up his own nen for Gon rather than some complete stranger.

Though with the King about to die anyways it's a good alternative.

I don't think nen transfer would be completely out of league. It wouldn't be like trading cards. One person would give up their
    nen to someone who has no nen and the person who gives it up no longer has nen.
    The difficulty with it is that few people
    are just going to give you their nen that they worked so hard for.
    I have to disagree. IMO Gin would be the worst candidate ever just because he is Gon's father doesn't necessarly mean that he would voluntarly give up his own Nen! He is the worst father one can have but is the best Hunter there is. Let me make it clear for the both of you of why, I think so. You seem to forget that Gin basically gave up on raising Gon and put him in Mito's care due to his selfishness! Can you really imagine a selfish person as Gin giving up his Nen that he worked so hard for many years just for his own son's sake? I say: no way in hell.
    According to this, being a Hunter is more important to Gin then being a father to Gon.

That's why for me the only person that comes in my mind is Kaito.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply