Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

27 75.00%
  • Mediocre

8 22.22%
  • Awful

1 2.78%
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 119 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 119 Spoiler Thread

Raftela is tampering with Roxanne's field of vision and sword trajectory~
    Rox also comments on how bad their healing is given the time she gave them.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sum up of the chapter by weils of animesuki

Quote Originally Posted by Weils View Post
    Miria vs. Hysteria:

- Hysteria is thinking about how reckless Miria's method of fighting her is. She comments that it's a fighting method which does not require any skill to speak of, and it disgusts her so much that it makes her sick.
    - Miria replies that it's an honor to hear from someone like Hysteria, an expert in elegant techniques. This makes Hysteria even furious.

This part of Cassandra's flashback translated from TSS Chinese version:
    Spoiler: Cassandra's flashback show
    Hmm... this does nothing to impress upon me Cassandra's power level. I wonder why Dae thought cuts equaled power here? How did she hit the legendary top 8 of all #1s... was it the recklessness of her attack adding to her mystique or something? Or Roxanne playing up her strength to make herself appear even more awesome?

If anything to have Roxanne defeat Cassandra using the dirty sword makes Roxanne seem that much more badass not Cassandra, since she didn't even need her super secret sword technique... I wonder if she'll be able to use it on Cassandra this time or if she'll be stuck fighting the shrimp twins? :

Though in all likely hood the twins will back up Miria right after Cassandra AO takes on Roxanne. Maybe the twins will play medic (taking them to safety not healing) and help the wounded or go help Raki take on the MiB but I see that as less likely.
    Last edited by Ryus; October 03, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Is just one case that the true friend of cassandra, have the same face of cynthia??

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mei Terumi View Post
    Is just one case that the true friend of cassandra, have the same face of cynthia??
    She pretty much looks identical to Cynthia minus her bangs are parted one direction instead of just going straight down. Though her mannerisms make her even more scared or funny looking depending on the situation than Cynthia ever is but over all I do see rookie Cynthia as being very like her. She's only in 8 panels though... and one seen from behind.

Last edited by Ryus; October 03, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm okay with AO Cassandra killing Roxanne now (after she shows us everything she's got and awakens of course).

I also don't think Cassandra deserves to be in the top 8. I wish Yagi had chosen Sistina the Divine Oracle or Lutecia the Universal instead of her
    Last edited by White Silver King; October 03, 2011 at 05:09 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 03, 2011 at 09:57 PM.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Weil's translation has some huge problems within it... ugh, it's too convoluted to even explain...lol, but I'll try to provide what I can of it's convolutedness:

(sources used: ch 117 and Weil's Translation of ch 119 seen in Ryus' post above in this very thread)

Roxanne is now a rank 2 and leader of an AB Hunt, who survives the AB Hunt along with 2 other Claymores out of the 3 other Claymores of the assumingly 4 AB Hunting Team, however there is the one Claymore tortured and then killed by the AB, thus making this AB Hunt be Rank 2 Roxanne's first failed AB Hunt, at the exact same time Roxanne is that exact same Claymore, Rank 5 Roxanne, who was tortured and killed by the AB, and lastly, in this highly F'ed up time travel convolutated chaos, Roxanne is also the rank 35 Claymore which Rank 1 Cassandra would save the life of, and in response, Cassandra goes and learns her Dust Eater, so she can protect her friend, Rank 35 Roxanne should she be in trouble again, which, this friend Roxanne is now rank 5, on some AB Hunt, and was about to get killed, but Rank 1 Cassandra happens to show up and save Rank 5 Roxanne, revealing her Dust Eater to this Rank 5 Roxanne... which now "warps" back to Roxanne now becoming a Rank 2, and is leading an AB Hunt... (see top/beginning of this very paragraph, lol)... and now, Cassandra is peeved at Rank 2 Roxanne for just letting the AB torture and kill her friend, Rank 5 Roxanne, and thus tries to kill Rank 2 Roxanne to get justice for her dead friend Rank 5 Roxanne, but Rank 2 Roxanne screams that Rank 1 Cassandra is committing mutiny, and the other Claymores see Cassandra going for Rank 2 Roxanne, believing Rank 2 Roxanne's cry of mutiny, and try to protect Rank 2 Roxanne from Rank 1 Cassandra, Cassandra tries to get past the Claymores without hurting the Claymores, to Roxanne, but they are slicing her to pieces, so Cassandra then Awakens, as the claymores are trying to hack her to pieces, sliced up ~115 - whatever number of times it is, as she still tries to get revenge on Rank 2 Roxanne for letting her friend Rank 5 Roxanne get tortured and killed by the AB... but Awakened Cassandra finally dies, after that ~115 slice to her, by Rank 2 Roxanne getting the final fatal blow upon Awakened Cassandra....

-----------------------------------

anyone wants to take their shot at understanding Weil's translation of ch 119? My brain has completely melted...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 03, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh God, I always expected a twist like this when those ex number 1 appeared. At least Roxanne is going to be busy. I think Miria´s fight lost charm to me, it looks plain there.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That's kind of screwy, but not that out of the ordinary for what we've seen out of Yagi lately.

I'll try to wrap my head around that. So, whose head does Cassandra have? How the hell does this work anyway? It seems as if Cassandra should figure out that there's something majorly wrong here.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just viewed the RAWS and was quite surprised to see Dae in the closing pages. He appears content, almost in awe of this event. There is good reason to fear this individual, whether you side with the Organization or with the Warriors. Some of his comments, as he conferred with Rubel in his chamber, still echo loudly. "Do you want me to send out three new Abyssal Ones?"

He's the unknown element that could bring the ruin to both sides. He simply used the Organization's current lack of firepower to further some very dangerous experiments. The goal appears to be a controlled awakening or a controllable awakened being. However, I don't believe Dae cares for the "controlled" part. He just wants to see how powerful a creature he can create. The Organization and Warriors may find common ground in a new foe. It would very interesting if Yagi gave us another character that could match Rubel's cunning and aura of mystery.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ravenstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    I'm okay with AO Cassandra killing Roxanne now (after she shows us everything she's got and awakens of course).

I also don't think Cassandra deserves to be in the top 8. I wish Yagi had chosen Sistina the Divine Oracle or Lutecia the Universal instead of her
    I agree with you in thinking that Cassandra lacks in power.. If only her strength or her speed were exceptional too I'd believe she'd deserve to be called one of the mightiest of no. ones.. i mean blinding speed combined with her dust eater technique she would be frighteningly powerful and close to unstoppable..

Considering that Cassandra was chosen to be one of the most powerful among the former no. ones who did not have "physical deficiencies" available to the organization (According to Dae in the 1st part of Claymore 113) I think she felt short on that criteria.. i really hope she still has something up her sleeve.. although i doubt it she has any left coz she was killed even if she used her ultimate technique.. maybe her secret power is extreme endurance since it took her several hours to die even with her extensive damage?

What I'd like to believe is that Sistina the Divine Oracle's and Lutecia the Universal's bodies were unusable because they had significant physical deficiencies although they where much more powerful than Cassandra.. for example the organization was only able to recover less than half of their bodies or they simply were not able to recover the bodies..

I assume this because I think Sistina and Lutecia have uber cool nicknames >_< it would be a shame if they weren't powerful

what would be a good nickname for Clare? Copycat Clare or Clare the body part collector? Hehehe! :P

on the contrary I think ultimately AO Cassandra will fall at the hands of Roxanne..

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Oh but don't get me wrong I think Cassandra is still a very interesting character worthy of being featured because of her personality/humanity, her unique technique and her life's story especially because it tells us that Roxanne is simply the incarnation of Evil.. she's sooo twisted maybe the yoma that she encountered when she was young abused her and f*cked up her mind.. how sad!

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! Oh my! Oh dear! The chapter is not yet out? Oh well. Guess I just have to be contented on those spoilers.

I have to disagree that Cassandra is not one of those powerful ones. She was only killed because she let her guard down and did not retaliate on those claymores who hacked her. Her technique is undeniably powerful and efficient but definitely not the most impressive one.

I will give my further thoughts when the chapter comes out. I hope the chapter will surprise me. Looking forward to it.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wait... a minute.... again... lol

Cassandra was sliced to pieces:

"Lost my right arm, lost my left foot, a single eye was also cut off. Even then, I never lost speed as I came closer to Roxanne (Weils)."

and

"I who lost all my limbs, the vengeance for my friend, I will never be able to take it anymore. By the hands of all my comrades, I was cut into pieces (Weils)"

------------

can you say this kinda contradicts her being "whole" for the Ressurection of her in the first place by Dae ???

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

my fan-names/titles:

Clare the Impulsive One (based on only using a single word to best describe Clare: Impulsive)

based upon Weils' translation of ch 119: Roxanne the Succubus.

Pissy Prissy Priscilla the Psychotic Pretty Princess of Pwnage Power
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 04, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ravenstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

@hegemon khan Yes she was sliced to pieces literally.. and she lost her body parts.. but the organization was clearly able to retrieve all her body parts i think mainly because she wreaked havoc and died in the organizations premises.. (easy clean up) therefore she did not have "deficiencies".. i think they put all her pieces in a bag and put it together again in like a jigsaw puzzle and lo and behold she is whole again.. until she remembers how she died she literally opens up the wounds of the past.. stupid sad little girl.. :S

@zushiko err Cassandra did retaliate.. she turned the girls around her and between Roxanne and her into sashimi.. although she was careless that's why she got cut down.. she let her emotion get the better of her.. although i can't blame the poor thing..

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened to Cassandra, it could be due to the fact that the effect of the Priscilla arm, is now over?

30. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast