Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Next islands (your design)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next islands (your design)

I wonder if New World works similar to Grand Line in the sense you pick a path. I mean, if there is a path then the way to Raftel isn't hard. There must be something else to it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of it being a couple of paths like in the Paradise, but now that you've mentioned it, I asume it will be just a wall of scattered islands, harder to point out, because normal Log Poses don't work their anymore as mentioned at some point I can't a source to right now.^^

I expect than one of the next two isles to be a meeting point with one of the Supernova, as they are so many and the manga won't go for twenty more isles with their own arcs, wouldn't mind a couple of short ones though for a rest though. Hope they will get to Elbaf as soon as posible. Such a big place should be able to host a lot of pirate crews.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be Nami who will make the difference then. Or Robin. Maybe they first have to find an Eternal pose around the New World, going forward and back.

And I think it was Keimi who mention that. :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I wonder if New World works similar to Grand Line in the sense you pick a path. I mean, if there is a path then the way to Raftel isn't hard. There must be something else to it.
    I think there should be several paths for the most part. I can't imagine things being that different... then again, the lock post was said to be useless in the new world so perhaps the means to navigate it and its islands are entirely different. I think the new world will at least have as many islands as paradise though. It would be interesting if there are as many islands but in turn after each one the strawhats get to decide which one will be next rather than having to go to where the lock post says though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

You just randomly sail towards 1 direction and record your route?if ur lucky enough maybe you'll gather info along the way.lolol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PAWERFULL's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

An island where they can encounter either smoker, supernova, emperor. But it would be great if Luffy beat smoker ass.
    If i offended you, too bad.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Metal-plated trees? totally forgot about that. I was trying to get a Galaxy Express fan I know into One Piece because it has the same thing where it's only limited by the writer's imagination, a different planet each week. The reason for One Piece's success and why it has (incredibly unusually) got this far while still getting better is the imagination and the hugeness of the world, combined with characters people want to spend time with.

Anyway prediction:There hasn't been a winter island since Chopper, so I'm thinking a floating island on pack ice would really fit with the One Piece theme of every place they arrive at completely disintegrating a few days later.... and it's an obvious gap in the things that have happened yet (not counting Aokiji, and Franky and Robin's timeskip experiences). Maybe Oda's saving it for Raftel..

Plus curious about the One Piece world. How many days or months did they sail between islands? are all their adventures documented in the story or just the dramatic ones? Shanks and Buggy arguing about the north and south pole is all good, but what? does the Grand Line go round the equator of their world? or on a slant? All that ocean currents stuff when they first set sail under the sea was straight oceanography truth, so Oda knows his shit scientifically when he wants to. I think the plan of making a world that ran off bullshit and rule-of-cool to make it interesting worked, plus ever since Enel went to the moon anything can happen...

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, they first will meet X-drake [ that cute dino guy :3] on random island of beginning xD [and rest supernovas, because they are too weak for NW xDDD]
    Last edited by shinjiru777; September 20, 2011 at 08:37 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

It was Minister Of The Left who said the log posts wouldnt work like usual. I dont want them meeting a Supernova so early, for me that would make it seem like a Supernova wasnt strong enough to jump that first hurdle breaking into the New World. Unless its an island in a Supernovas control, that would set up a good conflict down the line & the Straw Hats cant be too buddy buddy with everyone.

I do wonder if ever anyone else will go to the moon

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    I don't want them meeting a Supernova so early

FuS
    I do....Bonnie I want her to join the crew.For me it was always her or perona and we know perona won't.The potential for comedy during mealtimes if bonnie joined is just too good to pass up...ultimate battle:Bonnie vs. Luffy takoyaki special(lol)....It is clear she has a bigger part to play in the story more so than any other supernovae given the govt's interest in her as stated by Akainu....Am hopping she is in G1/G2/G3...Gx? and the strawhats rescue her and her gigantic appetite and cool age df
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree it would be cool & even if Bonney is my least favourite Supernova, she still towers above most other characters in my book, but it wouldnt make sense if they still that close to the entrance after 2 years its wasted potential considering how strong they should be. It would be better further down the line when the Marines get more involved in the story again.

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda hoping that there's another Yarukiman Mangrove on the other side of the RL. It makes sense to allow bi directional travel to FI easier, and IMO would be fitting..
    I'd love it if in the NW the archipelago was a haven of pirates and pure chaos.
    It could be a place where the SH face off with some new rookies, or an old foe.. Buggy, Croc. etc..?

Though the foreshadowing for the island that lighting rains upon is pretty clear.....
    Last edited by Poneglyph420; September 24, 2011 at 02:06 AM.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

According to this picture, there are in the New World some "island roads" like there were in Paradise. The difference is that some "island roads" connect to others before getting to the final island of this part of the Grand Line. We also notice that there are four main "island roads", which probably makes the 4 Yonkou territories. Anyway, I guess the Straw Hats will have to change several times of "island roads" for plot reason : to meet people (Lola's mom, Elbaf, 2 remaining Yonkou, Marco), to escape/fight (Smoker, Blackbeard, Admiral), to get something (new coating, special log pose, technology/material, vivre cards). Also since people and Yonkou live in the New World, most of them probably don't follow the "island roads" in their everyday life/year's travels like rookies do. There must be some kind of Eternal Pose/Map to go wherever you want, when you want.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I so forgot that map! And I don't think Oda forget it too, since He's quite good at foreshadowing. I bet Fishman Island is the first dot closer to the Red Line.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That map has another interesting feature. It seems there are 5 islands to depart from at the start of the new world. In turn, those 5 roads eventually converge into a lone island. That lone island is bound to be a remarkable location IMO. That particular location would be where new world rookies are bound to converge, that is, pirates of actual strength who got a shot at changing the future. It is bound to be an inherently chaotic place. Perhaps it also serves as recruiting grounds for the yonko as every young pirate would eventually make it there.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast