Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 27 Discussion | Ch. 28 Prediction

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 27 Discussion | Ch. 28 Prediction

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 27 Discussion | Ch. 28 Prediction

Discuss away!

My personal synopsis: Rin and Bon embark on an EXCELLENT adventure. Yukio is not going to enjoy next month's chapter.
    Last edited by earthforge; August 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 27 Discussion | Ch. 28 Prediction

Poor Yukio things aren't looking so good for him right now Didn't expect Bon to get all flamey! Thinking him and Rin will go all tag-team to take down big scary dude and Rin will finally be able to draw his sword but maybe something'll set him off to make it possible (maybe something like Yukio getting hurt or in trouble).... Oooo looking forward to some action next month!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Rin will be able to unsheathe his sword next month. I think that is going to be a major point in the plot. That's just my opinion, of course :3.

I was thinking while reading this chapter... Earlier, someone said a theory of Toudou being Yukio from distant future. I doubt, too, of Toudou being an older version of Yukio, because time travel is an element that, until now, doesn't really fit with the story. And, well, because he doesn't have moles on his face nor he has the same kind of eyes and eyebrows. He resembles Yukio but isn't really like him.

But the thing is... Why unleashing an evil who is vulnerable to fire, getting and eating a fire demon for yourself and teasing a powerfull half-demon of fire like Rin? It really doesn't look like the clever thing to do if you are thinking in making mass destruction here and there. So what if he's trying to improve Rin's current status for whatever reason he has?

I know, it sounds unlikely, but... Just a theory. We still don't know Toudou motivations.

(Idk if you can undestand what I mean. My english is a little so-so. I'm sorry)
    Last edited by Zaresh; August 13, 2011 at 03:21 PM.

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaresh your english is perfect wouldn't have even realized if it wasn't for your end note.

About Yukio being Toudou no I don't expect that at all I just think there's some similarities between them and Toudou sees that so he's going to try get Yukio over to his side.....let's hope Yukio is stronger than that. I think Rin will draw his sword though for defeating this monster but it won't be in any way what'd be expected, it fits though that he would. I have no clue still of Toudou's motives though.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... drawing his sword but in an unexpected way. That's interesting. I wonder how would it be.
    Last edited by Zaresh; August 13, 2011 at 03:51 PM.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukio doesn't need any humiliation... yet. Not until he's off the edge, at the funny farm and being a very naughty boy...

Toudou's motivation was to catch Karura, he mentioned he was one step closer to his goal. What if that goal is to take out his sib? The Toudous are notable exorcists, wouldn't doubt that Saburota is so livid with envy that he wants to kill his sib. Saburota reminds me of a true Cain to his sib's Abel, whereas Yukio is a false Cain - Yukio does love his brother and I don't believe he can kill his brother no matter how much he sometimes wants to.

Meh, I'll continue championing that Rin is a full demon. Satan's other name is "The Blue Flamed Demon". The blue flames are different from other demonic fire (which are controlled by demons in the domain of Iblis).

I just hope Bon can keep Karura, since I really like Karura. Also, since the Shima family got Ucchusma's flames, doesn't that mean Renzou also can use them right now? Wonder about the Miwa family too.

Seems inevitable Yukio will get possessed and used. He's in a moment of weakness right now - still in shock from his brother's impending execution.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure of Rin being half-demon half-human, but still resisting to call him a full demon. His mother was a human, and he was human 15 years of his life.

Besides, he resembles too much to the demifiend of Shin Megami Tensei 3 to me Some time ago I saw a fanart of Rin and Yukio "cosplayed" as Demifiend (Rin) and Raidou Kuzunoha the 14th (Yukio). It was really funny.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic, sorry. All the people who visit spoiler thread have read the chapter already, or most of it, and discussed it there. So they have to re-post their theories here. People who don't read spoilers will miss everything that's been written in the spoiler thread. So we have chapter threads that lack the first reactions and theories and a multi-chapter thread that is much more interesting but only for those who found other translations or know japanese/chinese/spanish and - it's closed most of the time.
    Wouldn't it be more convenient to start a "Chapter X Spoiler Thread" every time spoilers appear and rename it "Chapter X Discussion" when the scanlation's out?

Back on topic. I think Rin will eventually draw the sword, but it's going to be at the very end of the fight, something will have to happen for him to accept his demon side. I doubt Yukio would switch sides - he wouldn't be himself anymore. He may be tempted, but he's stronger than that IMO, even in the state he's now. I also had a theory that Bon didn't listen to Tatsuma teaching him the new seal, but I'm not sure anymore. Tatsuma repeated it too many times that he will only show it once (reminded me of that guy with funny accent from "Allo Allo"), so that was suspicious.

Also, Yukio/Shura forever! <3 I love them.

Edit:
    Why's there only five types of demons in the circle anyway? Maybe the other three kings/queens of something are, dunno, something different.
    Last edited by Kryanka; August 13, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Renaming the X chapter spoilers thread to X chapter scanlation thread sounds fine to me. I think it's the same in the Fairy Tail subforum, another subforum I usually visit.

Regarding the 5 types of demon, I guess it's linked to the japanese elements. I suspect there are another types of demons with mixed or secondary elements.

(edit: I support the Yukio/Shura ship too She likes him)
    Last edited by Zaresh; August 13, 2011 at 04:44 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If Yukio doesn't get taken over by a demon, I will kind of be disappointed..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ownage404's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Yukio's going to get possessed because it seems like Toudou is having some trouble with the fire spirit in his body from just eating it. Or maybe Yukio is just going to get his ass handed to him, who knows.

Hopefully Bon gets to keep Karua because he looks pretty awesome with the flames.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter! ^^ Now for another month of waiting. Boo.

If I have to nitpick...umm..just how did Tatsuma manage to move? He should be paralyzed due to Toudou stabbing him straight through the neck from the back but hey, Karura is a phoenix so maybe he can help Tatsuma heal somewhat?
    (*waves away silly question*)

Geh, I wonder just what exactly is Toudou's ultimate goal? I mean he went through all the trouble of awakening the Impure King so that he can obtain Karura's flames because he knew that the Head Priest would use Karura if the Impure King is awakened...but man, that's a lot of trouble to go through..his main goal must be something really major for him to go through such a risky plan involving so many other people.

I mean how did he know about Karura in the first place? And the IK's existence? I thought those things were only for the Head Priests of Myou Dha to know about? Toudou knows so much..

I think in the next chapter we'll get The Villains Explanations of His Grand Scheme TM so that Toudou can further entice Yukio to join him.

If I were Yukio & my only other living family member was about to be executed by the organization that I work in, I'd be pretty desperate to go to any lengths to save him. After all this while I get the feeling that Yukio is slowly losing faith in the order 'cause it seems that they're only interested in using/exterminating Rin with no regard for his well-being.But that's just my opinion.

...and the way Shura was acting, so carefree like that will surely piss Yukio off even more. I get it that she has always been that way & plus she knows that the others have busted Rin out of jail so there's still hope but Yukio does not know this fact. To him Shura just doesn't care for Rin(and furthermore, technically the reason why the Vatican even knows about Rin's unruly behavior is due to Shura reciting that verse to tighten that ring around his tail..so it's kinda like Shura's fault why Rin is about to be executed..)

signature via

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he wasn't stabbed in the neck after all, maybe it was lung?

Good question about how Toudou knows so much. Maybe he has/had partners. Or mindfucked someone else to tell him what he knows.

I didn't think about Yukio losing faith in the order because of how it treats Rin... but you may be right, asyla. So many people think that Yukio would snap and get evil or possessed and consequently switch sides. But he could also decide to change sides, just like Toudou did. Just not because of how the order treats him, but because of what it did to Rin. I never thought of Yukio betraying the order because he is an exorcist thanks to Shirou and have been long before he took protecting Rin upon himself.

Still, even if he opposed the order, it's still Yukio we're talking about. I can't see him killing humans, siding with demons and satan.

Isn't Yukio/Shura an awesome pair? I love the way they go smartass on each other, but support and trust each other anyway.
    Last edited by Kryanka; August 15, 2011 at 04:02 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i think one reason why todou would want to get karura's power is to be able to control and manipulate the IK. then with two pretty significant powers on his side go against the order or who ever is todou's enemy. i think rin will start off helping bon and once bon is about to say the kekkai rin will see yukio in some serious trouble from the top of the IK and jump go to yukio's aid which will finally allow him to draw his sword!
    (omg just went to eastern state penitentiary today and is was sooo creeeepy!!!! after taking pictures in one of the cells i turned around and a black mass darker than the shadows darted and vanished!!! 0_0 )

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast