Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 28 Discussion | Ch. 29 Prediction

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 28 Spoiler Thread

The chapter's already out, someone should rename the thread

So I wonder if what Todou said to Yukio is true, it looks like he hit a nail. I'm not sure if Yukio really hates Rin but having some resentments sounds understandable. Not like he was forced to do anything (at least I can't imagine Shiro forcing him to do something he dislikes) but seeing your sibling gets special treatment can lead to a grudge. Still I would really dislike it if Yukio would turn against Rin. Looks like Todou wants to win him over (or maybe he just wants to play with his mind... )

Dunno how Yukio will get out of the situation, Todou seems to be very strong. Maybe some help from Shura? Would love to see her join the fight

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    The chapter's already out, someone should rename the thread
    Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted to write yesterday

First, I love the way Bon looks poisoned by miasma on the cover page.
    So, again we've got translation by someone not fluent in english. I'm happy we have backups for translators, but I hope to see a new scanlation. There are some minor changes to the story - like the Impure King is now Defilement King and Nii-chan's name is Kou-chan. However, the most interesting difference between the translations is:

stepyip35': "The 'Impure King" is one of the King Of Decay's four pets."
    vs
    Scanlation: "The Defilement King is the Lord of Decay, accompanied by 4 pets, one of which is mine"

I have no idea where that came from, but I don't think the Impure King is the King of Decay. And that part about Mephisto - is there really any connection between him and one of the Kings?
    Anya83 on MangaFox

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 28 Discussion | Ch. 29 Prediction

Hm, there's just no pleasing people...

Okay, so FYI to those who don't know, stepyip of MangaFox did a translation of chapter 28. It is also much MUCH more accurate than the scanlation's trans.

I don't trust the scanlation. It smells of Google translate. For one, the syntax/grammar makes zip sense. I just can't see Shiemi suddenly shouting "OLD LADY!" at Tatsuma, an old BALD MAN.

The Impure King's real name is actually something like "Fujo-o". "Fujo" is the Japanese word for dirtiness/uncleanliness, so defilement also works (impure refers to impurities.) It's hard to translate, since the more literal "Unclean King" or "Dirty King" sounds like the name of some adult show.

Also, the Impure King is totally different from the King of Decay. (Literally for the 8 kings, it is "-blank- no o", translating to "King/Lord of -blank-". I verified with a translator, though my explanation may be awry.

I believe that Toudou critically unbalanced Yukio with his "you already have nothing left", and then finished off with that Yukio resents his brother. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Yukio does resent Rin more than a little. Rin doesn't really openly respect Yukio's hard work (or at least he's never said it other than in the first chapter before he found out Yukio was an exorcist). Yukio has forced himself to race through childhood without the lenience that Rin was given. But that is exactly what he knew he would sacrifice in learning the art of exorcism early.

If anything, I would say Yukio is even more courageous than Rin. For having the dedication and strength of will to become a Middle First Class by 15. He was defying traditional expectations with that, and I would believe he might have had difficulty being a strong exorcist in groups because of his age (not because he isn't capable, but because some people don't treat young prodigies with the same level of respect as with others.) He probably had tons of crises of whether he wanted to do it, but he may have always gone back to "I have to protect brother/father."

But then Shiro died. Now Rin's on the guillotine. Even if Rin gets out, Toudou has put in place the seeds of resentment towards Rin for being given certain latitudes. What reason does Yukio have to be an exorcist?

(If Yukio turns against Rin, it won't spell the end of this manga. It kinda seems like it will happen. But I believe that it will end with Yukio far more wiser for the wear, and that it means Yukio won't be possessed by Satan in the end. Remember, AoNoEx basks in cliches.)
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ~Karin~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the Translations guys! We just added a new translator to our team. This was his test run. He wasn't too familiar with the actual manga itself, so some words were of literal translation. We QC'd it 3 times for accuracy on the english part. Forgive me for not Changing over names and such. None the less, it had been sitting out in the raws world for about 2 weeks. I decided to pick it up. Hope you guys enjoyed it. ^_^ ~Karnage

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I believe that Toudou critically unbalanced Yukio with his "you already have nothing left", and then finished off with that Yukio resents his brother. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Yukio does resent Rin more than a little. Rin doesn't really openly respect Yukio's hard work (or at least he's never said it other than in the first chapter before he found out Yukio was an exorcist). Yukio has forced himself to race through childhood without the lenience that Rin was given. But that is exactly what he knew he would sacrifice in learning the art of exorcism early.

If anything, I would say Yukio is even more courageous than Rin. For having the dedication and strength of will to become a Middle First Class by 15. He was defying traditional expectations with that, and I would believe he might have had difficulty being a strong exorcist in groups because of his age (not because he isn't capable, but because some people don't treat young prodigies with the same level of respect as with others.) He probably had tons of crises of whether he wanted to do it, but he may have always gone back to "I have to protect brother/father."

But then Shiro died. Now Rin's on the guillotine. Even if Rin gets out, Toudou has put in place the seeds of resentment towards Rin for being given certain latitudes. What reason does Yukio have to be an exorcist?

(If Yukio turns against Rin, it won't spell the end of this manga. It kinda seems like it will happen. But I believe that it will end with Yukio far more wiser for the wear, and that it means Yukio won't be possessed by Satan in the end. Remember, AoNoEx basks in cliches.)
    I agree but still I don't want to see Yukio turn against Rin at this point. If he really feels resentment, he should talk about it with Rin. It's not like it's his fault that he got special treatment and he didn't have it easy either.
    Still I can see Yukio getting irritated and fall into some kind of crisis. I would love to see him mature a bit more because of this. It's fine to protect the ones you love but you have to look after yourself sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Karin~ View Post
    Sorry about the Translations guys! We just added a new translator to our team. This was his test run. He wasn't too familiar with the actual manga itself, so some words were of literal translation. We QC'd it 3 times for accuracy on the english part. Forgive me for not Changing over names and such. None the less, it had been sitting out in the raws world for about 2 weeks. I decided to pick it up. Hope you guys enjoyed it. ^_^ ~Karnage
    No worries there, your work was much appreciated!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When is Ao No EXorcist 29 out. Is it coming out weekly or monthly? Well, I hope Rin can beat some sense into that guy. Dx

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    When is Ao No EXorcist 29 out. Is it coming out weekly or monthly? Well, I hope Rin can beat some sense into that guy. Dx
    it's in a monthly magazine so you have to wait till october for the next chap.

I don't see Rin beating him yet, he's relatively focused on the Impure King right now. I could totally imagine Todou getting away and becoming some kind of archenemy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

no problem! your hard work was much appreciated!!! its amazing that he translated the entire chapter and totally understandable if he didn't get some of the names correct or some of the vocabulary that it unique to this manga! tell him i said thanks karnage!

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Hm, there's just no pleasing people...
    If you mean renaming the thread, then thanks, we appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by ~Karin~ View Post
    Thanks for the scanlation and sorry for my complains before, I really appreciate your effort. It wasn't very nice of me to be given a new chapter of my fave manga after weeks of waiting and then grumble. Even if it's different than usual I still like to compare translations and look for hidden meanings

Someone here on the forums said that it's more likely Yukio will turn against the Order than against Rin. He was working hard for the Order since he was a kid and now the Order kills his only family member. I think Toudou's goal is to get some kind of information from Yukio - maybe something about Rin, now that Yukio thinks he may hate his brother who is dead anyway.

Anyone else wonders what makes Mephisto sneeze? To what he's allergic? The Impure King's super-strong miasma maybe?
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Anyone else wonders what makes Mephisto sneeze? To what he's allergic? The Impure King's super-strong miasma maybe?
    Hmmm...

What was decay strong against? earth? water?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If he really is irritated by the miasma then it's just a convenient excuse not to lift a finger. If mephisto is the same as the Mephistopheles of folklore than he isn't one of the kings, but probably on the same level of power.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Hmmm...

What was decay strong against? earth? water?
    It's air. But I think satan's kids are not underlings of any king.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Air suits good for Mephis. I mean... he's always flying . It would make sense if he's the lord of the air.

Btw, I have a vague memory that lord of the air is one of the names of Lucifer.

But I guess he's not one of the elemental kings, like Amaimon. Maybe it's just his element as demon.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized something! Amaimon is supposedly satan's kid too and he IS the King of Earth. So Mephisto could be one of them too.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2