Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 208 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 208 Spoiler Thread

Hoshino bringing back Alma would be a terrible asspull. She already crossed the line with bringing Kanda back so soon. Once again he's stealing the spotlight from Allen and Lavi...

This is amazing closure for Kanda though. We saw a bit of Kanda and Zuu's relationship in Volume 19, but it was never touched upon during the Alma Karma arc. This wraps it up nicely, and gives Kanda a reason to continue being an exorcist.

But please Hoshino, have the characters go looking for Allen and Lavi! A Lavi rescue arc would be so epic. The Ark Arc only had Skin, Jasdevi, Road, Tyki, and the Earl (6 Noah). A Lavi rescue arc would potentially involve every Noah except for Skin. Hoshino does need to start killing some of the Noah off, as well. There's 13 of them on the loose. At this rate, the series will never be over.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Hoshino bringing back Alma would be a terrible asspull. She already crossed the line with bringing Kanda back so soon. Once again he's stealing the spotlight from Allen and Lavi...

This is amazing closure for Kanda though. We saw a bit of Kanda and Zuu's relationship in Volume 19, but it was never touched upon during the Alma Karma arc. This wraps it up nicely, and gives Kanda a reason to continue being an exorcist.

But please Hoshino, have the characters go looking for Allen and Lavi! A Lavi rescue arc would be so epic. The Ark Arc only had Skin, Jasdevi, Road, Tyki, and the Earl (6 Noah). A Lavi rescue arc would potentially involve every Noah except for Skin. Hoshino does need to start killing some of the Noah off, as well. There's 13 of them on the loose. At this rate, the series will never be over.
    I totally agree! A rescue arc, i thought this too =) With every battle and introduction of the noahs that we just know by the name and what them represent.

Seems like she's focusing on Kanda to stabilize the dgm's popularity. But we don't have sure that we haven't Lavi on this chapter. Maybe the chapter ends with him =) *hope so*
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post

As much as I want Alma back (absolutely fell in love with him <3), I agree that bringing him back would be too much. It'll defeat the purpose of him dying in the first place (still though, curious as to why Kanda is being cryptic...). However, I disagree that Kanda came back "too soon". It's been only like 10 chapters for us, but it's been 3+ months for the others. Since the order seems to have given up on looking for Allen and has concentrated on other missions, the only way to get events moving inside the order is to bring Kanda back. Otherwise, Apo would be the only one on the active plot-furthering move, and even he's technically not part of the order. I don't necessarily like the way he was brought back, but i can see why Hoshino brought him back (putting rabid fangirls aside)

What i don't agree with is Kanda's closure with Zhu. We've known that they had some sort of relationship from way back when, but if you think about it, they were never shown together. Which, in my opinion, makes Kanda's whole "standing over Zhu's deathbed" a personality stretch for me. Aside from telling us that Zhu knew Kanda, Hoshino hasn't included actual scenes worth mentioning that show that relationship.

I think a Lavi rescue arc would be cool, albeit cliche, but if the Order hasn't mobilized a force, they most likely won't unless Sherill comes out dangling Lavi on the string screaming "HEY GUYS! REMEMBER HIM?! YEAH, COMEN"GETHIM!!". The lack of force most likely means that the Order does not want to risk losing anymore exorcists than it already has lost - especially now that like 5 new Noah showed up and kicked everyone's ass during the last arc.
    As for killing off Noah...Hoshino needs to actually introduce them first, otherwise they'll be completely meaningless. We'll end up having too many characters that we know on the Order's side, and a few on the Noah side. I was actually pissed when Skin died and then Hoshino decided to add more Noah...I hope she's going somewhere with this... Bring forth the next reincarnation of wrath can also be very dangerous for her.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    As much as I want Alma back (absolutely fell in love with him <3), I agree that bringing him back would be too much. It'll defeat the purpose of him dying in the first place (still though, curious as to why Kanda is being cryptic...). However, I disagree that Kanda came back "too soon". It's been only like 10 chapters for us, but it's been 3+ months for the others. Since the order seems to have given up on looking for Allen and has concentrated on other missions, the only way to get events moving inside the order is to bring Kanda back. Otherwise, Apo would be the only one on the active plot-furthering move, and even he's technically not part of the order. I don't necessarily like the way he was brought back, but i can see why Hoshino brought him back (putting rabid fangirls aside)

What i don't agree with is Kanda's closure with Zhu. We've known that they had some sort of relationship from way back when, but if you think about it, they were never shown together. Which, in my opinion, makes Kanda's whole "standing over Zhu's deathbed" a personality stretch for me. Aside from telling us that Zhu knew Kanda, Hoshino hasn't included actual scenes worth mentioning that show that relationship.

I think a Lavi rescue arc would be cool, albeit cliche, but if the Order hasn't mobilized a force, they most likely won't unless Sherill comes out dangling Lavi on the string screaming "HEY GUYS! REMEMBER HIM?! YEAH, COMEN"GETHIM!!". The lack of force most likely means that the Order does not want to risk losing anymore exorcists than it already has lost - especially now that like 5 new Noah showed up and kicked everyone's ass during the last arc.
    As for killing off Noah...Hoshino needs to actually introduce them first, otherwise they'll be completely meaningless. We'll end up having too many characters that we know on the Order's side, and a few on the Noah side. I was actually pissed when Skin died and then Hoshino decided to add more Noah...I hope she's going somewhere with this... Bring forth the next reincarnation of wrath can also be very dangerous for her.
    here's a scene of Kanda and Zhu: (IT'S NOT A SPOILER OF 208 xD)
    Spoiler show

Well, they were saw togheter just in this page I think, but in the 208 maybe we'll more of them togheter xD

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think that has any ground other then peoples personal opinion of the situation within the order.

Take into account this. The noah created mankind AFTER they were defeated and went into the arc. THUS the innocence predates mankind. However the order says that the innocence are a gift to mankind to fight the akuma? What my reading of the facts is is that the noah and the innocence are at war and they use the noahs creations mankind to fight this war with.
    Humans are only the fodder here, but the order is under the illusion the earl is fighting against mankind but he isnt, hes looking for the heart innocence, and humans that opose him is like having your self made robot opose you. Utterly rediculous that is.
    So these Apo 1 or more are not on the orders side correct, but so are non of the innocence, humans are no more then vessels for them to use and fight with.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

from dgraydivinity by shinobitokobot again:

TranslationThe cover page is of kanda and Johnny. Johnny is running and kanda is just sitting there apparently.

Forgot to translate the beggining of the chapter, so here is my half ish translation of it.

Kanda told lenalee and marie about how allen helped him.
    Kanda was only in France because he knew there was a gate there already put up before everything happened 3 months before. Meeting up with lenalee and marie was just a coincidence.
    While marie, lenalee and kanda are talking apparently lenalee is blushing a lot and kanda notices (dont hold me to this one either, not entirely sure with my translation.)
    That pretty much sums it all up

also,from the earlier translation: in the room with kanda and zuu is renee and pho. So pho is not faking in place for zuu. Sorry guys. Seems this guy really is dead.

Shinobitokobot added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Also the end thing with the lotus and zuu, it seems like it is what he is seeing as he is dying, hes seeing little glimpses of his life as he dies, but it is similar to when alma died, with the mud and lotus flowers everywhere.

7. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i rescue lavi arc would be interesting, especially if allen is the one who does it. i think the bookman and lavi would join allen since the bookman seems to know something about the 14th. but the problem would be how would allen find out about lavi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Translation of the second part of the summary from dgraydivinity by shinobitokobot:

Quote Quote:
    Kanda is sitting with zuu still, the cube of innocence turns into liquid like it did with lenalee. kanda knows he needs to drink it, he drinks it and black marks show up on his chest (?) and arm. Blood comes out of the marks and form into the angel thing like it did with lenalee. he says "this time truly as kanda yuu i decide to be an exorcist." the thing goes one wing by wing into kanda (apparently this page is very beautiful according to the blogger) it forms into a crimson blade (nice~!!! XD red blade~!!!) kanda mutters "imposition of six illusions" (guess he is naming it... )
    Pho whispers something to herself, but its kinda confusing. i will let you know if i figure it out

Back at headquarters:
    Reever gets a call
    he talks to someone that is at the asia branch (?)
    apparently kanda is missing (?)
    reever yells at komui (curly hair) to get lenalee quickly
    Talking to himself i think reever says "you went to allen, kanda?" (not sure, once again, do not hold me to this~!!)(might be 'first allen, now you kanda' though i am not sure)
    "Lets get back to work to help the exorcists in the way we can!"
    Talking to johnny now
    Johnny "please reever, let me leave, i have already decided."
    Reever refuses of course.
    Johnny starts talking about how allen is on his own out there and needs help and that he is willing to be killed by allen if he does become the fourteenth (?) something along those lines...

Reever slams his fist on the desk (oooh, angry reever! )
    Reever plops down in his chair with a sigh and starts remembering somthing a conversation they had (?) at the america branch (not sure... dont hold me to this...)
    Reever starts weeping and johnny only looks on with a stupified look.

Meanwhile, in a different city, it is night and people are rushing about doing their buisness. in a dark alley, a young girl sees white wings. thinking it is an angel she goes to look and finds a white haired boy wearing a white coat. he has a slightly bad complexion and is squatting down.
    he sees the girl and holds a finger to his lips (telling her to keep quiet)
    on the platform is apocraphos in his cardinal disguise. he is talking with other cardinals. Allen was able to escape but not from apocraphos.
    Guided by the signal of crown clown, the cardinals begin walking.

END OF FREAKING CHAPTER....

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

10. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Kanda left! If that's how it is, then yay!
    Of course, it could be that he was kidnapped or whatever, but I think he just left for Allen.

And I can imagine the alley scene very well, it sounds pretty. Next chapter is going to be awesome, I'm glad we're half shifting to Allen again.

And now, some pictures?

ex oriente lux

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the summary!

So Kanda now has marking on his chest and arm after getting receiving his crystaliized-type Innocence. Hopefully the chapter will be out soon so we can clarify whether or not he left the Order again. It was pretty clever of him if he just only came to get Mugen back before leaving again.

Hmm... Allen has bad complexion? Maybe he is partially transforming as a Noah right now. It looks like he's in danger though since Apo knew where he was hiding. How would Allen escape? I think the girl will be helpful somehow.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

....DOES THAT MEAN ALL THE CARDINALS ARE APOCRYPHOS?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    Allen, Kanda! RUN MY LOVELIES! RUN! =O!

I need pics soooo bad ;-;

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh goood!!!
    Thank you, thank you very much for the translations!!

Nayh! So Kanda could be going to join Allen! And Allen is in real problems!!! Three months has passed and Allen still have problems with his innocence and the apos!! I guess they'll fight each other soon, is the only way to solve this!!
    Ahhh!
    Amazing!!!

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG seems to be so interesring! I wanna pics so bad D:

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

....DOES THAT MEAN ALL THE CARDINALS ARE APOCRYPHOS?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    Allen, Kanda! RUN MY LOVELIES! RUN! =O!

I need pics soooo bad ;-;
    I don't think the other cardinals were apocryphos. I think they were just following Apo, who were leading them to Allen.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another short chapter...

New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast