Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 208 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 208 Discussion/209 Prediction

I've never fangirled this hard before. Nor have I every barfed this many rainbows.

KANDA, Y U SO ADORABLE?!
    Kanda is so Out of usual Character which surprisingly doesn't bug me at the current time.

This chapter was just perfect. I absolutely LOVED it. The art. OHMYGOD, the art. I want to go find Hoshino and bow at her feet.

I didn't even mind the Kanda x Lenalee-ness~! It was cuuuute. (I will still ship Yullen forever.)

Johnney is getting too much screen time....

ALLEN WALKER, WHY ARE YOU NOT SHOWING YOUR FACE?!

Ugh, this next month is going to be hell.

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    And that little girl blushing might be more because she thought Allen "looked" like an angel and was amazed at those "wings". I don't think a little girl, at that age, would blush at an older boy because he's cute just like that (or a random stranger for that matter). ^^; Well, your wording makes it seem like she got an instant crush at first sight at Allen. Awwwwwww...
    well... look on previous chapter XD little "boys" were blushing after seeing Kanda xD that you can call stange xD but that little girl saw a pretty white haired boy with wings on his arm... so he had to notice that.... but allens "shhh" was cute too... the girl understood it very well... I wouldnt be supprised if she brought allen to her home to her mom for dinner or get a place to sleep the night..

guess we will have to wait month for that... but I think that link will show up... and well it would be interesting if allen met kanda durring this 3months and kandas breakout was planned XD

ahaha and I guess Komui (curly-hair) called reever and not lenalee so far becouse he must be pissed on kanda for that hand-drink XD or he is worried that something more will happen.... which I dont think will happen... kanda loves that person only and he will go to hell to her too ^^ lenalee stood in his way and she had that liquid innocnece in her palm so he had no other way ^^... since we can notice that after the drink he just pushed her hand back like some kind of glass XD (like object)... it looks like a way of teasing people ^^ (kinda like allen did)

ehhhh if only others would hear that emotional johnny talk... maybe they would start to think in a different way... to give them a stroner resolve to find allen... lanelee isnt even trying... she should look for clues in allens hisotry or his leftovers about where he might be... like go to mothers house (learn what hapepend in past like we saw in that extra chapter) and let them know where he might went too... yet her or others (except johnny's reaction its like well we cant find anything about his location so why should be bother... kinda rude to the person that helped them so much ;/ [lenalee totaly forgot how she felt when she throught allen died... or later how he tried his best to save everyone...if not him lavi, crory almost all her friends would be dead... like not in the base than in the ark since allen restored it along with everyone..... she lost her resolve to help him...she doesnt think like johnny that allen is all alone now... like she was alone in the order without komui as a kid...she should understand this feeling of beign all alone but yet she kinda doesnt care to search for him.... which is really sad] maybe kanda and johnny will show her the way... like how she cna call herself his friend if she doesnt even care to find him and learn what happened...)

sooo another month of waiting ;___;

well I will do a little offtopic here... becouse I was thinking about allens situation and made me wonder about 14th and mana relantionship a little.... what it: Earl in reality died in that flood and was reborned....and his host body was Mana's... while mana's brother become the 14th.... Earls memory was too strong and Mana was losing it...so in order to save mana's soul... 14th created artificial body for him and put his soul into that body (the same schema like with that kanda-alma artificial exorcist project... 14th's idea was used as a blueprint for this prject to transfer souls and memories into new body)

maybe that's why central knows so much about 14th becouse they collected his knowladge over time and used those ideas to do those projects that order commited....

so anyway after 14th transfered mana's soul into that new body... earl took over manas orginal body...but some of mana's memories.. regarding close relantionshipt with 14th (close brothers) remained there.... and they kinda couse him suffering "I will allways remain on your side [the wake up wisely chapter where earl was suffering and yelling he hears his voice]...so those memories are bits and parts that remained behind... and it was 14th talking to mana and not earl...

just my new theory xD sorry for this small offtopic but I had to throw it out before I forget XD
    Last edited by Zibi234; October 04, 2011 at 04:58 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to finally get a chapter on time.

To bad there will be another break next month.

Overall this was a pretty cool chapter. I just wish we got to see more of what Allen had been doing all this time. and also, I am still not sure where Kanda stands on the whole Allen situation which really does annoy me lol.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course i won't be 100% happy when i don't see Tyki. But i know i can't have him all the time.

If the Kanda x Lenalee scene was in another manga, i'd think about the scene as erotic or romantic. But i laughed really hard with it in DGM.

It was a nice transitional chapter.
    Maybe Allen was looking for someone or something in that area and apocrypho was around.
    The scene with the girl was really cute.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    There is no announced break.
    The December edition will come out on November 4th, as written in the last page of the chapter.
    This is how it is released in Japan.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    please dont spread false propaganda around...^^ becouse there will be a chapter next month... so NO BREAK... (it will appear at oct4th which is december issue)

it was said many many many times over and over again... it goes like this

month -> issue

august -> september
    september -> october
    october -> november (current one.. ch208)
    november -> december
    december -> january

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coah's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg, That little girl is abosuletly adorable, I must know her name! And as for Allen's pony tail, I don't think there is one lol. I think it's just his hair in the back falling over his shoulder. It looks like he's also wearing the outfit from the one shot cover to me that screams Neah x3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukilove21 View Post
    ALLEN WALKER, WHY ARE YOU NOT SHOWING YOUR FACE?!
    MIND = BLOWN. Hoshino has forgotten how to draw Allen's face. Or maybe it melted, I dunno. :U

Kanda and Lenalee have the best interactions, it's awesome to see them together for more than a few pages.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    please dont spread false propaganda around...^^ becouse there will be a chapter next month... \
    Relax.

I wasn't trying to spread around false information.

It was a mistake and nothing more.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner midnightpony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was a great chapter good job Hoshino! I love her artwork it just keeps getting better and better!!! I was somewhat very disappointed that we didn't see Allen's adorable face but I will just have to hope that the next chapter will be all about him. Overall great chapter with even better artwork!!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*won't be able to read chapter till friday night*
    From your posts, i've realized that even in 205, Hoshino did not show allen's face, she didn't show the "expression" that he had according to Mother. Maybe his stigmata have started showing? Or eyes changed color?
    Also, if he's on the run, he might've covered up his scar with makeup...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The look that Kanda gave Lvellie was priceless. It's actually nice to see Kanda giving hate to someone who deserves it.

Bak crying over Zu was so heartbreaking.

Kanda's body still looks cracked... Bad sign.

Kanda holding Zu's hand was simultaneously heartbreaking and heartharming.

Lenalee's reaction to the evolving Innocence was so adorable. I love how she instantly knew what was in store for Kanda. Hoshino also snuck a tiny panel of Lenalee's own Crystal Type Innocence. I love small details like that.

It also seems as though Lenalee knows Kanda's past. Komui probably broke the ice after Kanda was presumed to be dead.

Kanda drinking from her hand... Kind of blatant pandering, but I now fully support Lenalee x Kanda thanks to this chapter. Sorry Lavi! You can always have Fiddler (they probably made it to first base already if Fiddler has to stick his tongue down someone's throat to infect them!).

Komui and Bak's reaction to the Innocence drinking. LOL. I missed their humor.

Awesome Kanda spread that I already commented on. Hoshino probably used half of her time just to draw those two pages.

Am I the only one who's annoyed with Johnny? He has even more screentime than Allen now, which is ridiculous. He needs to leave the Order already.

Why the heck is Allen in London, of all places? Something big must have happened in the past three months if he left Mother's.
    Last edited by riki; October 04, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Kanda and Lenalee scene in this chapter are so funny and nice.xD
    Glad to see some of Asia branch people again.
    Kanda and Zu moment are nice, sad, and peace.
    Kanda Innocence is reborn into a bloody Mugen!!!xD
    Johnny and Reever moment kinda funny and sad too.
    OMG, Allen still being chased by Apo. Apo is really persistent.O_O

Awesome chapter as always.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SkywardLink's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the art, it was amazing! Kanda looks really good (I mean, he always does, but this time Hoshino really showed off).

I spend the whole chapter screaming "WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO KANDA?!" because, really, he's so out of character. At some point I thought he might have regained all of his memories of whom he was before.

Also, when Zu said something like "Kanda, already..." and we get to see a little part of his tattoo, it gave me the impression Zu thought Kanda can't regenerate anymore.

HOSHINO WHY U BUILD SO MUCH TENSION IN A MONTHLY MANGA! (╯°'□'°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post

...I would hate him to the heart. I like him enough not to bash him everytime he gets more panels than the other characters, but if he was the heart.... i would hate it. so. much.
    If anything, i think hoshino is planning to make him an exorcist. That way, she'd be showing us that you're not necessarily born with all the requirements needed to be an exorcist (by requirements, i'm thinking something along the lines of "wand chooses the wizard" from HP), and that he, who has spent years living in the order along side exorcists, never had what it takes to be an accommodator until now. i think that would be a nice twist on perspective....
    It's not just the panels, in the chapter when the Apo attacked Allen, he said that the Heart was worried about him. Earlier, Apo had seen Johnny getting all worked up because of Allen. I know pretty much everyone is worried about him, but the one that has shown the most interest is Johnny. If he's the Heart I would just jump off a cliff. I'd like him as an exorcist, though, because we have characters like Miranda, Krory (I love them both, but let's face it) or Timothy that almost never show up and aren't providing anything to the plot, really. Johnny would be an interesting exorcist.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Skywardlink: I know you hate idea, but that's the most convincing "Johnny is the heart" argument I've read. (gives a thumbs up)

I'll lol forever if it really happens. It's very disappointing, but I'd get to read a bunch of angry outlandish posts about it that would make the epic trolling ten times more hilarious than the soul crushing conclusion. Also it would be a huge spoiler you could jokingly toss unsuspecting new readers.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast