Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 208 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 208 Discussion/209 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    well... look on previous chapter XD little "boys" were blushing after seeing Kanda xD that you can call stange xD but that little girl saw a pretty white haired boy with wings on his arm... so he had to notice that.... but allens "shhh" was cute too... the girl understood it very well... I wouldnt be supprised if she brought allen to her home to her mom for dinner or get a place to sleep the night..

guess we will have to wait month for that... but I think that link will show up... and well it would be interesting if allen met kanda durring this 3months and kandas breakout was planned XD
    O___o Well, you do have a point about the little girl brining Allen home..., but story-wise, that would put her and her family in peril danger. Non-story-wie, my imagination is going to scream that it sounds veery wrong to see the boys blushing at Kanda and a little girl blushing at Allen just for the sake that they look "pretty". (You pointed out an interesting parallel though.)

And yes, it would be interesting for that to happen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy the chapter finally came out. I love Hoshino's art style this chapter, it fits perfectly to the story and the characters look really nice and recognizable compared to her previous art. I love the content of the chapter except i wanted to flip ahead in the chapter during the johnny scene. Im happy we saw allen again but i wish we saw more of him really only one panel but i guess that is better than nothing.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I grinned like a Noah at school reading the chapter. There was just something about Kanda sipping the Innocence out of Lenalee's hand that made my face warm (and I was probably blushing too). What is this? I ship Allen/Lenalee but... but...

Kanda's last words to Zhu was touching in a Kanda way. Even if he doesn't forgive the Order, he thinks fondly of Zhu and I think that's enough for him.

I love the scene between Johnny and Reever. I'm always amazed by how well Hoshino can write minor characters. (Well, they're not becoming minors so much now.)

Ah, Allen! If a little girl found you, you'll be easily discovered by Apo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

I ship allen/lenalee but Kanda did he just drink from her hand? lol Doubt he's crushing on her yet though after what happened with Alma/lover anyway this is a good chapter seeing kanda getting a new ability now will be fun, i wonder who he was in his past life its been mentioned he is the forceful lotus itself but i got confuused thre, i should reread dgrayman i guess with the monthly stops i forget stuff.

anywho good scenes showing the Johnny rever and Zhu as well as kanda's feelings, i like this consistency and character development in the manga ^^

Allen seems to be powering up too hopefully because he's training against the Noah in him but it wont be easy, i wonder what new arm he'll get

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

remember hoshino said that she was gonna do more fan service...hence kanda x lenalee in this chapter. i don't think a relationship is gonna develop b/c kanda's heart belongs to that girl aka alma

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    O___o Well, you do have a point about the little girl brining Allen home..., but story-wise, that would put her and her family in peril danger. Non-story-wie, my imagination is going to scream that it sounds veery wrong to see the boys blushing at Kanda and a little girl blushing at Allen just for the sake that they look "pretty". (You pointed out an interesting parallel though.)

And yes, it would be interesting for that to happen.
    This girl just just as unimportant as the one they stranded in that desert cave. Before Allen and the 3rds got taken away by the noah. Or that girl that sold flowers to the Earl. Hoshino has a thing for showning small girls with little or no impact on the story.

Also the thing about Kanda sipping from Lenalees hand o well just fanservice for the girls that love Kanda so much. Nothing more nothing less. It actually overshadows the entire question of why he decided to come back and take on his innocence once again. Also that he refuses to tell where Alma *his body* is. No doubt about it, it didnt disappear. And the order would be more then happy to take it and dissect it.

As for the Johnny thing, now we got a change with Reever and he might let him go. So perhaps next chapter we see him looking for Allen and i hope some noahs because we get so few of the noahs its crazy.

The main downfall with this story is that its all useless characters like the other scientists who recognize Kanda, or a few extra shots of Kanda looking around the corner of a door, that have little to no aditional info in this chapter, yet we miss out on lets say noahs and Lavi.
    We get only 3/4 bits of info and a load of fanservice shots of Kanda. It wouldnt be to bad if it were 40 pages then you get extra room for more but thats not the case here.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fuff View Post
    remember hoshino said that she was gonna do more fan service...hence kanda x lenalee in this chapter. i don't think a relationship is gonna develop b/c kanda's heart belongs to that girl aka alma
    I see things differently. I think that Kanda x Lenalee is very plausible. Sure, the "old Kanda" or rather, the man that was an Exorcist 30 years ago was very much in love with "that girl". I feel like Kanda has just experienced one of the archetypes known as "rebirth", however. He's Kanda now. Making his own decision and own choices as Kanda and not the man he was 30 years ago. He re-synched with his Innocence, gained closure with Alma/that girl, and is now an Exorcist for his own reasons, and not for the Order. To me, he has every opportunity to develop feelings for Lenalee, or for her to fall for him.

Does that make sense? It's hard to distinguish between the two different ideas of "Kanda" I have going.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

personaly I dont want to see KandaXLenalee... becouse its well toooo strange... some time ago when kanda was alive she did not show any love interest with kanda....and he did not show any inerest in her... but now as lavi and allen disappared she would instantly jump into arms of any guy like that..rather not at least not lenalee who thinks whole order is her family... so I doubt lenalee would just like that develop love feelings for kanda becouse he just come back and drank from her hand... well she grabbed his innocence like that so he had no other way...

but just look how he treated that lenalee hand as he drank it... he pushed it away like it was some kind of glass (not much affection there) xD while lenalee was still in shock with others... Kanda simply teased her that's all... first pissed her off and now put her in shock xD

as for kandas scene with drinking...we can reffer allens scene where he was hugging lenalee...so we too can do allenxlenalee pairing from it...

so nah dont think kandaxlenalee is possible just from this single tease scene.... Kanda still thinks about Alma and that girl....becouse if not he wouldnt care to tell leavier almas location....or wouldnt tell Zuu that he will go to hell.... becouse what order did to him and that girl is somethng he will never forgive and we see he still have it in his heart

and my guess what kanda said when synhro with mugen is what allen said... become exorcist for himself and not for the order....so it wouldnt be strange if he decided to go with johnny to see and help allen... kinda bodyguard of him

well the most strange is that lenalee is not even seeing off johnny... its strange becouse when allen was in order she and him were allways around allen and following him everywhere (lenalee was even sleeping in the same room as allen as she rushed back from her mission)

well maybe becouse she is in asia branch and johnny is in order.... but im sure she will be there when he will be leaving...maybe then she will build some self resolve to help allen as he is all alone now like she was when order took her away from komui... hope she will wake up...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The scene with Kanda drinking from her hand is pure fanservice *there could be something else to it but its not romance* Ill keep that theory to myself for now ^^
    There are more examples of fanservice that include the use/abuse of Lenalee this isnt something big or to be thought of seriously, especially since Kanda already has his love interest.

- Bak persuing her.
    -Timothy groaping her breasts.
    -That scientist eyeballing her.

As for what Zibi said about Lenalee seeing him off well she hasnt even heard about Reever who is most likely letting him go now, so obviously she cant see him off. Its not like she can do telepathy no?
    Last edited by ca12nag3; October 07, 2011 at 05:06 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I agree. I think Kanda just did that just to taunt Komui and Bak since he knew that Komui is very protective of Lenalee while the latter has a crush on her.

The next chapter is going to be exciting - how will Allen escape from Apo? He can't use his Crown Clown against him that's for sure.
    Last edited by riki; October 07, 2011 at 05:12 AM.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    ^I agree. I think Kanda just did that just to taunt Komui and Bak since he knew that Komui is very protector of Lenalee while the latter has a crush on her.

The next chapter is going to be exciting - how will Allen escape from Apo? He can't use his Crown Clown against him that's for sure.
    No doubt he will get help of some sort from someone. Who well thats up for grabs. And depends who bumps into him first, be it Link or perhaps Road? Or Johnny if hes gone from the order already?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member axellover2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I see things differently. I think that Kanda x Lenalee is very plausible. Sure, the "old Kanda" or rather, the man that was an Exorcist 30 years ago was very much in love with "that girl". I feel like Kanda has just experienced one of the archetypes known as "rebirth", however. He's Kanda now. Making his own decision and own choices as Kanda and not the man he was 30 years ago. He re-synched with his Innocence, gained closure with Alma/that girl, and is now an Exorcist for his own reasons, and not for the Order. To me, he has every opportunity to develop feelings for Lenalee, or for her to fall for him.

Does that make sense? It's hard to distinguish between the two different ideas of "Kanda" I have going.
    I actually get what your talking about because I can see it that way too. Ignoring any type of pairing war, it seems like the relationship between Kanda and Alma was more of a deep bond of friendship that formed because of the love that their past selves had. They werent IN love ( or at least Kanda didnt seem like he was), but had lingering feelings left over from their past selves. Now that Alma has passed over or whatever, and he knows who that girl is,Kanda is able to create new oppurtunities for himself. Thats what makes KandaXLenalee perfectly plausible, to me at least, because lets face it this might have been just fanservice, but there has also been few romantic moments between her or Allen or Lavi either, so every little thing that happens counts.Maybe.

BUt more importantly the art was so beautiful this time around, there were more pages and I could understand what was going on in every panel. Keep it up Hoshino!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    As for what Zibi said about Lenalee seeing him off well she hasnt even heard about Reever who is most likely letting him go now, so obviously she cant see him off. Its not like she can do telepathy no?
    we still dont know if all that johnny needs is reever's acceptance or will johnny need to speak with komui the order headmaster too... my guess was that when they agree to let him go people will come to see him off.... it might be that lenalee and kanda are already close to the gate to HQ and it was only komui that got lost XD

so I think that johnny will at least say goodbye to his friends in order before he leaves....

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    we still dont know if all that johnny needs is reever's acceptance or will johnny need to speak with komui the order headmaster too... my guess was that when they agree to let him go people will come to see him off.... it might be that lenalee and kanda are already close to the gate to HQ and it was only komui that got lost XD

so I think that johnny will at least say goodbye to his friends in order before he leaves....
    Didnt he just say he needed Reevers OK to leave. So thats it. Hes his boss not Komui, Komui is a step above that. Its like on the workfloor you dont go ask the president of the company if you can go do you? lol. Well unless you work directly under him. I dont see any issue here since its said that he needs Reevers ok then he can leave. Thats it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    ^I agree. I think Kanda just did that just to taunt Komui and Bak since he knew that Komui is very protective of Lenalee while the latter has a crush on her.

He might use Tim's hologram feature to create a diversion. It's not been given how intelligent Apo is, he might be dull enough to chase a hologram.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast