Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: DGM Chapter 208 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 208 Discussion/209 Prediction

Is it just me, or does the art sort of resemble that of Mawaru Penguindrum now? It's definitely a lot more "shoujo" now. Not that it's bad, but I personally don't think it really fits with the manga. And it also seems to lack some "polish" (not sure how to explain this, but it seems a bit sketchier). Nevertheless, this was probably my favourite chapter in a long time. I kind of disliked Kanda being brought back from the dead, but now not so much. The unveiling of the new Mugen was epic!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Is it just me, or does the art sort of resemble that of Mawaru Penguindrum now? It's definitely a lot more "shoujo" now. Not that it's bad, but I personally don't think it really fits with the manga. And it also seems to lack some "polish" (not sure how to explain this, but it seems a bit sketchier). Nevertheless, this was probably my favourite chapter in a long time. I kind of disliked Kanda being brought back from the dead, but now not so much. The unveiling of the new Mugen was epic!
    Kanda was never dead to begin with and why i adress this is:

What my main concern is is that people shout things and the rest hops on the bandwagon, Kanda isnt my favorite character in this manga but its really simple. Allen made a gate so Kanda could go through it with Alma, once on the other side Allen destroyed/locked the gate. Kanda then had some emotional moments with Alma before he saw them both (the girl+Alma) holding hands and walk off as souls/spirits. How does this make Kanda dead and brought back from the dead? Just because some Kanda haters say Kanda = dead doesnt mean its so.
    Kanda was badly damaged and it didnt look like he would recover fast, granted but the parting scene at the end of the Alma arc was clearly ment for Alma not Kanda.
    Where i do agree with some people is that Hoshino might have thought to kill of both Alma and Kanda at the end of this arc, but that changed in the last 2 years with Kandas increasing popularity and this is the spin given to it. And Kanda is now back in the story.

Thats all about this from me :P

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

someone mentioned, allen's scar is missing, perhaps it's just not drawn, or perhaps its shrinking?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got to read the chapter!! =D

I felt like Kanda was oddly out of character this chapter.... first he insults Lenalee....then he eyes her while drinking out of her hand... idk, it felt like his personality was really off...
    Either way, Komui is going to kill him.

As for Lenalee... She needs to grow up again. She really got on my nerves this chapter. I mean, after she lost her hair, she became very weak in strength and personality. But even so, 100+ chapters later and she's becoming more and more of a cry baby. Although the shipping between her and Kanda was cute, it really made her seem like she hasn't grown at all.

RIP Zhu. ='(

I didn't mind the johnny pages too much, mostly because we got to see Reever freak out a bit, and that one panel of Noah!Allen killing Johnny was like... the cherry on top xD
    But, it feels like from now on, johnny is allowed to leave. I feel like Hoshino is aiming for him to become the 5th main character... in lavi's place, no doubt

The little girl is very, very cute~! But, since Hoshino ended the chapter with Allen, i hope he appears more next chapter.
    Allen's little smile is just so... <3
    Looks like the other cardinals aren't involved, like the spoilers suggested, but gawd Apo is such a creeper. It's been 3 months, has he seriously been hunting allen all this time?

On the scar issue... Allen doesn't have one here too: http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/206/21 so i'm thinking Hoshino just left it out. That, or he caked it over with make up at Mother's house. (but then, why didn't he dye his hair?)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner midnightpony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Finally got to read the chapter!! =D

I felt like Kanda was oddly out of character this chapter.... first he insults Lenalee....then he eyes her while drinking out of her hand... idk, it felt like his personality was really off...
    Either way, Komui is going to kill him.

As for Lenalee... She needs to grow up again. She really got on my nerves this chapter. I mean, after she lost her hair, she became very weak in strength and personality. But even so, 100+ chapters later and she's becoming more and more of a cry baby. Although the shipping between her and Kanda was cute, it really made her seem like she hasn't grown at all.

RIP Zhu. ='(

I didn't mind the johnny pages too much, mostly because we got to see Reever freak out a bit, and that one panel of Noah!Allen killing Johnny was like... the cherry on top xDBut, it feels like from now on, johnny is allowed to leave. I feel like Hoshino is aiming for him to become the 5th main character... in lavi's place, no doubt

The little girl is very, very cute~! But, since Hoshino ended the chapter with Allen, i hope he appears more next chapter.
    Allen's little smile is just so... <3
    Looks like the other cardinals aren't involved, like the spoilers suggested, but gawd Apo is such a creeper. It's been 3 months, has he seriously been hunting allen all this time?

On the scar issue... Allen doesn't have one here too: http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/206/21 so i'm think!ing Hoshino just left it out. That, or he caked it over with make up at Mother's house. (but then, why didn't he dye his hair?)
    Oh my gosh when I read your opinion on Noah!Allen killing Johnny I seriously busted up laughing that was great! I really enjoyed this chapter but I really hope that the next chappy focuses on Allen because: 1. I need to see how he looks after three months 2. I want to see how the 14th has progressed and 3. He makes D.Gray-Man.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hrathgrath's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to D. Gray Man, almost caught up in the chapters, but I have one question. Does it only come out once a month?? I mean, thats crazy.. How do they keep the anime from blasting past it? it's a really cool, albiet dark, manga though!
    Each click for these guys is a level! Click and they will EVOLVE!

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hrathgrath View Post
    I'm new to D. Gray Man, almost caught up in the chapters, but I have one question. Does it only come out once a month?? I mean, thats crazy.. How do they keep the anime from blasting past it? it's a really cool, albiet dark, manga though!
    The simple solution is: There is no anime
    As terrible as it sounds,it's true.The anime ended a long time ago and we patiently wait for a reboot or an ova or something.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    This girl just just as unimportant as the one they stranded in that desert cave. Before Allen and the 3rds got taken away by the noah. Or that girl that sold flowers to the Earl. Hoshino has a thing for showning small girls with little or no impact on the story.
    Belated response! >_< Trying to get back into the DGM swing here.

I completely agree with you on that. She is definitely one of those many unimportant characters.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeandlight View Post
    someone mentioned, allen's scar is missing, perhaps it's just not drawn, or perhaps its shrinking?
    For now, it's easier to say that it's not drawn in which is a very veeeeeeery typical thing that mangakas do when there is very little space to draw them in. ^___0 So don't worry/be excited just yet. If we see Allen's full face in this up-coming chapter and he still bares no scar, then we can light our eyes and speculate that something "has" happened.

(But it's hard to imagine him without it. >__0 The scar sort of defines him at this point. Even if it's a curse, it helps him spot all the Akuma. At the same time, I would love to see Allen without that scar....)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I was reading again the chapter and i got sparkly eyes right now cause i didn't notice before, that Kanda kept holding Lenalee's other hand (the one without mugen). So cute.

*puts Kanda x Lenalee in the list of fanfics to search*

/pairing mood on

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking and... how long do you guys think allen will be able to go without using the ark? i know he swore not to use it after going to Mother's, but how long do you think he'll be able to keep it up? I think that the reason his arm went 'back to normal' when he was at mothers was because he got out of apo's range b/c of the ark's jump. but now that he's running on foot and refusing aid from anything, i can't think of anyway that he can avoid being find by apo...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that he maybe has a trick that Cross learned him? I mean, he already has run away from Apo for 3 months!
    If Crown Clown tells Apo guy where he is, tahn why did it took so long for the Apo to find him?
    I also think that Allen can see how close Apo-guy is by paying attention to Crown clown.... It is an parasite type.
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... it's also possible that it took 3 months for Apo to find him, but now that he has, he's basically locked onto allen. But since Allen swore not to use the ark anymore, he doesn't has no way to break off the "lock on" and get out of range... so, what now? I felt like the cliff hanger from last chapter suggested that they may be a confrontation either this chapter or the next...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I personally hope that a shadow will loom over Allen and we all be like: "Oh my god! Apo-guy found him!"
    And then it turned out to be Road/Cross (seriously that would be *insert holy sound*) or some other Noah (maybe the Earl xD?)
    And that person will get Allen out of there!
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10